Living in Sin or just roommates who love each other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cheated on my first wife. I remarried. While we were separated, she got involved with someone else. As my first wife is dead, and I'm not bound by my second, I'm free to remarry.
Except I'm at deaths' door. This is what I have to offer a woman...she can watch me go through agony until I die. Any takers, ladies? I didn't think so. Hey, I could give you Hep.C., free of charge. No? I didn't think so.
My friend , no matter what we suffer in this life , THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS . TAKE HEART IN THAT .
YOU AINT GONNA DIE one second before GOD allows it . And no matter what our body suffers in this life
THE LORD IS WITH US . So put those hands up and let the LORD be praised truman . You might out live us all
or not . But either way , TIMES RUNNING OUT ANWAY . ALL that matters is THIS ONE THING . DO WE KNOW JESUS . YEAH . PONDER ON THE BEAUTY OF THAT .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to be thanking GOD he pulled you out of adultery . Did you ever THINK of that . GOD gave great mercy unto you
now go and do likewise . DONT lead folks into adutlery by promising them its okay , Instead THANK GOD HE PULLED YOU OUT OF IT .
YOU have been given a great gift . GODS MERCY . Now go and do likewise . HE DINT LET YOU DIE IN ADULTERY
HE made a way OUT FOR YOU . always remember that . Good thing you wont remarry . Very good .
I'm at the point where I'm almost going to start screaming at Him from bringing me back from the dead. The only thing that's stopping me is that I know how much He loves me and I don't want to hurt Him.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you mean "prey ON them", or "PRAY for them"?
I can't tell which word is in error, lol.

But, no. Do NOT bring them into the church (unless they understand their relationship to the church as an unbeliever).
Evangelize them outside of the church. Invite them to the church after they get saved. If a church exists to hold evangelism meetings for unsaved people they're doing something wrong. Take the gospel to them in an evangelistic ministry of some sort, but do NOT bring them into the church to fellowship with believers hoping they'll get saved. It does not work and it only dilutes the church.

Nope nope nope
Judging who comes to church....dangerous profession
Bring them to the Lord....let God have at 'em.
In some ways you are back to the Catholic Church who believe they have authority and control over salvation.
These couples that live together have not sinned. You stand between them and God? You have no scripture to stand on.
Christianity is not a boy's club where they make up all these rules or you cannot be a member.
People do not come to Christ perfected....It is through Him they learn.

Every preacher out there would love for the congregation to believe what he preaches.....have no vices....fine upstanding individuals ....so he can take credit. It does not work that way.

If you are not going to church because it is not perfect....ya got the wrong scheme on things.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thoughtful responses. If we are concerned about appearances and how some might presume, are roommates of opposite sex a bad idea regardless of how they feel about each other? Is marriage only marriage if there was a ceremony, consummated by sexual relations? Marriage seems to be defined by culture if you look across the world. What would be troubling to some of us might not be even the slightest concern of guilt or wrong doing in some places in this world. God cares just as much about those in the most remote tribes of the Amazon as he does those of us who are mostly enlightened in modern society. Born Again believers know in their heart when they are counter go God's plan. Historically have we dragged in cultural rules and layered them upon God's word? Fornication is a sin. Celibate roommates I do not think are guilty of sin. Interesting and not so simple.
The thing with romantic love is that is does naturally lead to a physical expression of that love (aka sexual). I would not want to curtail that relationship with anyone pair. Hence the urging to actually get committed (aka married). It does not have to be some big cultural event, but yes do actually get married.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES!
Churches don't change, lol!
When's the last time you heard of a church (or a pastor) that actually changed what it believes, lol?
It doesn't happen.

It sure does. A pastor and his or her congregation. A good pastor can change things....but it is still a pipe dream to believe you can control beliefs as a whole.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Upon reading this again , i notice you said your first wife is dead and you are right the second marriage was NEVER recognized .
But my advice is , ITS BETTER to remain single .
That's what I thought. I said, "You're all I need!" I had accepted it. He surprised me when He said, "Even the Lord says that it's not good for a man to be alone." He knows I'm going to need help if I'm going to do what He wants me to do. It's just so hard...I joke a lot because if I don't, the constant pain will drive me crazy.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm at the point where I'm almost going to start screaming at Him from bringing me back from the dead. The only thing that's stopping me is that I know how much He loves me and I don't want to hurt Him.
The only thing i can say is as paul once did , TO DEPART and BE WITH JESUS IS WAY WAY WAY BETTER .
But so long as we are here , WE MAY AS WELL POINT THEM TO THE ONLY HOPE THERE IS , JESUS CHRIST .
MOUNT UP TRUMAN . MOUNT UP . You aint dead till the last breath leaves that body , ITS JESUS POINTING TIME .
WHILE THERE INDEED be TIME TO DO SO . CAUSE I TELL US ALL , TIME IS TRULY RUNNING OUT .
AND THE NIGHT is fast approaching when no man can work . WORK WHILE THERE IS STILL LIGHT
Bring those souls to JESUS , remind also the church , rebuke , correct , do all to truly edify the people while there be TIME TO DO SO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I thought. I said, "You're all I need!" I had accepted it. He surprised me when He said, "Even the Lord says that it's not good for a man to be alone." He knows I'm going to need help if I'm going to do what He wants me to do. It's just so hard...I joke a lot because if I don't, the constant pain will drive me crazy.
All we need is THE LORD . THE LORD .
Satan is very clever and full of wisdom as the bible makes plain .
HE will do all to get us to disobey JESUS
THEY TRIED the same line on me truman . THEY tried to tell me it was okay to remarry , they said the same thing
OH GOD gives grace , its not good for the man to be alone .
BUT that was satan . FOR had i remarried i would have done exactly what satan had wanted , DISOBYED JESUS .
GO look at the tree . Satan used a truth to get them to disobey GOD . HIS JOB , HIS DUTY IS TO CAUSE US TO DISOBEY GOD
DISOBEY CHRIST .
Satan even said Ye shall become as gods to know good and evil , GOD SAID the man has become as one of us to KNOW GOOD and evil .
YET man died just As GOD said HE would . Satan is a liar . LOOK at how he tempted JESUS
he brought a scripture which was true , YET USED IT to try and cause JESUS to disobey GOD , to TEMPT GOD .
THAT IS how satan works . THUS i say LEARN JESUS of BIBLE , IF HE SAID DO DO , IF HE SAID DONT DO , DONT DO
OBEY CHRIST and let not the devil decieve .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only thing i can say is as paul once did , TO DEPART and BE WITH JESUS IS WAY WAY WAY BETTER .
But so long as we are here , WE MAY AS WELL POINT THEM TO THE ONLY HOPE THERE IS , JESUS CHRIST .
MOUNT UP TRUMAN . MOUNT UP . You aint dead till the last breath leaves that body , ITS JESUS POINTING TIME .
WHILE THERE INDEED be TIME TO DO SO . CAUSE I TELL US ALL , TIME IS TRULY RUNNING OUT .
AND THE NIGHT is fast approaching when no man can work . WORK WHILE THERE IS STILL LIGHT
Bring those souls to JESUS , remind also the church , rebuke , correct , do all to truly edify the people while there be TIME TO DO SO .
I can get short-tempered and mean because of the pain. I don't always communicate well because of my brain injury. The only time when I'm not overwhelmed with the wave of my situation is when He sets me on top of it. I don't like being in this life. I've begged Him over and over to end it but He won't. So I guess you guys are going to have to put up with me. I have a few other forums now so I'll be able to spread out my load.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can get short-tempered and mean because of the pain. I don't always communicate well because of my brain injury. The only time when I'm not overwhelmed with the wave of my situation is when He sets me on top of it. I don't like being in this life. I've begged Him over and over to end it but He won't. So I guess you guys are going to have to put up with me. I have a few other forums now so I'll be able to spread out my load.
Dont cave in to your trial my friend . I suffer with pain too my friend . IF you feel angry , just be silent .
And beleive you me , HOW MUCH BETTER IT WILL BE WHEN A LAMB IS WITH JESUS . OH YES . OH YES .
But till then , YOU just focus on pointing all to Christ . You are loved my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All we need is THE LORD . THE LORD .
Satan is very clever and full of wisdom as the bible makes plain .
HE will do all to get us to disobey JESUS
THEY TRIED the same line on me truman . THEY tried to tell me it was okay to remarry , they said the same thing
OH GOD gives grace , its not good for the man to be alone .
BUT that was satan . FOR had i remarried i would have done exactly what satan had wanted , DISOBYED JESUS .
GO look at the tree . Satan used a truth to get them to disobey GOD . HIS JOB , HIS DUTY IS TO CAUSE US TO DISOBEY GOD
DISOBEY CHRIST .
Satan even said Ye shall become as gods to know good and evil , GOD SAID the man has become as one of us to KNOW GOOD and evil .
YET man died just As GOD said HE would . Satan is a liar . LOOK at how he tempted JESUS
he brought a scripture which was true , YET USED IT to try and cause JESUS to disobey GOD , to TEMPT GOD .
THAT IS how satan works . THUS i say LEARN JESUS of BIBLE , IF HE SAID DO DO , IF HE SAID DONT DO , DONT DO
OBEY CHRIST and let not the devil decieve .
Satan is a loser! The Master of Creation has His hand on me. I'm not afraid of him. He can't touch me unless the Lord allows it, which He has done. If I was only wise like my dad...his nickname was Job.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Two seniors in their 70's one widowed one divorced love each other. They decide to move in together. They have no desire to get married this late in life. They have separate bedrooms, no sexual relations, no joint bank accounts but truly love each other and for the most part are viewed as in a relationship.

Are they living in sin?
No.

Two persons living together and not having sexual relations is not sinful.
It's the giving away of your body and not being married that is sinful for the Christian.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dont cave in to your trial my friend . I suffer with pain too my friend . IF you feel angry , just be silent .
And beleive you me , HOW MUCH BETTER IT WILL BE WHEN A LAMB IS WITH JESUS . OH YES . OH YES .
But till then , YOU just focus on pointing all to Christ . You are loved my friend .
From the top of my head to the souls of my feet, I hurt, 24/7 for many years. It never stops. Plus I have a couple illnesses, a brain injury, and the results of a medication-induced brain disease. Sometimes I shout at people...I over-react. I end up hurting people I care about. I'd stay off-line except it's just too hard looking at the walls of my bedroom all the time. But talking to you helps. I don't feel so alone then.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
A couple living together without actually being married is sin. It doesn't matter how anyone tries to rationalize it or justify it. It's especially true if one of them is divorced. Christ literally said whoever divorces someone and enters a relationship with someone else is committing adultery. So sin is being committed both in the letter and the spirit.
Could you please quote the verse of Jesus saying "enters into a relationship" is committing a sin?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the top of my head to the souls of my feet, I hurt, 24/7 for many years. It never stops. Plus I have a couple illnesses, a brain injury, and the results of a medication-induced brain disease. Sometimes I shout at people...I over-react. I end up hurting people I care about. I'd stay off-line except it's just too hard looking at the walls of my bedroom all the time. But talking to you helps. I don't feel so alone then.
You are loved my friend . The one thing i have also learned is to keep silent lest by GOD i am led to speak .
Cause our flesh is always contrary . March onward my friend , onward in the glorious Lord .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think originally a man and woman got together, stayed together, in a monogamous relationship. I believe that's what it's about. Like Adan and Eve. Healthy children will come out of that. Better than a broken family, I guess. Stability is good.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are loved my friend . The one thing i have also learned is to keep silent lest by GOD i am led to speak .
Cause our flesh is always contrary . March onward my friend , onward in the glorious Lord .
I feel like someone is hitting me in the bottoms of my feet with a board. I was supposed to eat 3 hours ago but the pain's just got me tied up. I gotta make myself eat.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Save for fornication . or death of the spouse . The only thing is , i actually cheated on my own wife , though she never knew it .
Thus i know i cant be remarried . It was years and years ago . yet i have been fat and happy just living by the truth of JESUS .
I aint depressed one bit i cant be remarried . CAUSE JESUS GIVES ME JOY WHEN I FOLLOW and OBEY HIM . DOERS OF HIS WORD
bringeth great joy . You dont know how often i have heard , that folks cant be like me that they need to be remarried .
REALLY . IT has nothing to do with me . ITS THE SPIRIT . FOLLOW THE SPIRIT and ye shall not fullfilll the lusts of the flesh
and you will have a fullfilled abundant life , JUST BY OBEYING HIM .

I wonder, were you saved then brother, when you stepped out on your wife? And if not...does it still stand that one must remain single, as we were forgiven all our past sins?
Your thoughts?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like someone is hitting me in the bottoms of my feet with a board. I was supposed to eat 3 hours ago but the pain's just got me tied up. I gotta make myself eat.
Get some lunch my friend . And eat on the spiritual food in that bible . Yeah , let the glorious Lord be praised .
You will be prayed for as well my friend . You are loved my friend . The LORD is our hope and our salvation .

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think originally a man and woman got together, stayed together, in a monogamous relationship. I believe that's what it's about. Like Adan and Eve. Healthy children will come out of that. Better than a broken family, I guess. Stability is good.
I don’t think that is always reality, sadly. Children can be just as damaged when parents stay in a relationship that isn’t working. My oldest children were relieved when the marriage ended because they knew about his affairs and he swore them into secrecy, my oldest tried to end his life because of the guilt, that’s how I eventually found out about all the years of unfaithfulness. My son collapsed into my arms one day and asked for my forgiveness, this was three months after his attempt on his life. He was 27, his dad ‘ confided in him ‘ when he was 15 years old.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy