Living in Sin or just roommates who love each other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Ferris, my ex was an adulterer, and despite me not wanting to even have a relationship with anyone else, I have had this biblical principle thrown at me on this forum.
Sorry I couldn’t get your post to guote ,it’s in ref to post 28
Sorry to hear your husband was unfaithful in your marriage, a tragic thing

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good points, and under different circumstances they would rule the day, but this trumps them all...

9I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. 10I was not including the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.12What business of mine is it to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”c 1 Corinthians 5:9-12
The church is so weak and polluted today that I don't think there is any room left to hope that you can be an influence in the church. Those days are gone, IMO. When I got saved we were just on the trailing end of a beneficial distinction between Spirit-filled churches and not Spirit-filled churches. But now the Spirit-filled movement has caved irretrievably into the compromises with the world. There is no safe haven anymore for Spirit-filled Christians.

Again wrong thinking.
Condemning the churches of Christ. Paul worked with the churches. Scolded them when they needed it.
And you are right....some are being led by the blind....so is the answer for people of sight to abandon them?
If Christ has given you sight....and He has....you are burying your talent. Showing no responsibility or compassion.
And I disagree with no safe haven for Spirit-filled Christians....I am advocate for the Holy Ghost churches and I have a few around here. Bethel churches in the woods....Oh buddy!

You may have to look, but it is your responsibility....I say even a charge that Christ has given you. And I am not saying only the Spirit filled churches....How are they to receive the Spirit if it never comes. A person that is filled with the Holy Spirit...any church they enter can be blessed. You do not want to deny them that hope. That is why I go to so many different churches....throw out some seed....let God make it grow.

I do not think you understand your significance and because of your significance, it is your responsibility to share the Spirit.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This subject may come up when Jesus and I have that discussion about the moral choices I’ve made in this life. When we got married, my wife had two kids, scars on her body from where her ex kicked her and threw her into walls, and scars on her soul from being told repeatedly how worthless she was. Our pastor (who always took Jesus’s words seriously) had no issue with us getting married, but if it was a sin, it’s just one more for which I need forgiveness. (And Jesus might bring up my penchant for self-justification too. But I hear He’s gracious, and I’m more than willing to extend that grace to others.) My point being that there are other reasons for divorce that Jesus might consider legitimate that aren’t in the Bible.

Rita, I’m sorry your ex was a jerk (my Y chromosome blushes at some of things we men do that hurt women), and I’m sorry Jesus’s people throw stuff like that in your face.
Tragic thing for a woman being beaten and abused by her husband

Yes the bible does allows the woman to escape this evil, it's called legal separation and restraining orders in today's world

The bible gives one reason to divorce "Fornication" or sexual misconduct, all other instances such as abuse would be "Legal Separation"

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

Romans 7:1-3KJV
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Mark 10:11-12KJV
11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope your wife has healed from the internal and external scars xx
I think I will say an amen to your words xx
No need to apologise, I forgave my ex and we remained friends until he died of cancer two years next month.
I had one Christian friend who said to my face ‘ I don’t know how you can live with yourself, I would never divorce my husband ‘ at the time I was so broken inside. Thankfully a few years later I talked it all through with her and she apologised.
Sad story, true christian strength and trust to forgive and remain unmarried while your spouse lived

Jesus Is The Lord

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sad story, true christian strength and trust to forgive and remain unmarried while your spouse lived

Jesus Is The Lord
Lol I love being single and I have never had any desire to be with anyone else, and never wanted to date again, so I can’t claim it was any strength. Can’t really take credit when it wasn’t due.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
get them in church and prey for them.
Did you mean "prey ON them", or "PRAY for them"?
I can't tell which word is in error, lol.

But, no. Do NOT bring them into the church (unless they understand their relationship to the church as an unbeliever).
Evangelize them outside of the church. Invite them to the church after they get saved. If a church exists to hold evangelism meetings for unsaved people they're doing something wrong. Take the gospel to them in an evangelistic ministry of some sort, but do NOT bring them into the church to fellowship with believers hoping they'll get saved. It does not work and it only dilutes the church.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could be a wedding planner....I love weddings.
That's funny because I hate them.
Not the institution of marriage.
But the ceremony because something always goes wrong and they don't turn out to be the dreamy romantic ceremony hoped for, lol.

If you learn anything from this it's avoid using a horse and buggy prop.
It's romantic but it only works in the movies.
Horses have less patience for solemn ceremonies than your 3 year old nephew has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES!
Churches don't change, lol!
When's the last time you heard of a church (or a pastor) that actually changed what it believes, lol?
It doesn't happen.
WHEN the LEADERSHIP guides the body into lies and wont heed correction , GET OUT and take anyone willing to listen to ya , WITH YA .
GET OUT , FLEE , GET OUT and FLEE any leadership that teaches falsehoods and lies . CAUSE if the leadership guides the church into darkness
into darkness that church who heeds them GOES .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Took the words right out of my mouth Rita!
While they themselves might not be doing the deed , It can greatly harm their witness and others
might be emboldened to do the same thing , and they might not have the strenth to abstain .
We must look out for the welfare of others above even our own selves .

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never remarried due to , IF i did so its adultery .
Not if adultery has already been committed by the other half.
They've already left the relationship. There is no one left in the relationship for you to be committing adultery against.
But I understand why some people think they have to remain single when someone leaves them for another person.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if adultery has already been committed by the other half.
They've already left the relationship. There is no one left in the relationship for you to be committing adultery against.
But I understand why some people think they have to remain single when someone leaves them for another person.
Save for fornication . or death of the spouse . The only thing is , i actually cheated on my own wife , though she never knew it .
Thus i know i cant be remarried . It was years and years ago . yet i have been fat and happy just living by the truth of JESUS .
I aint depressed one bit i cant be remarried . CAUSE JESUS GIVES ME JOY WHEN I FOLLOW and OBEY HIM . DOERS OF HIS WORD
bringeth great joy . You dont know how often i have heard , that folks cant be like me that they need to be remarried .
REALLY . IT has nothing to do with me . ITS THE SPIRIT . FOLLOW THE SPIRIT and ye shall not fullfilll the lusts of the flesh
and you will have a fullfilled abundant life , JUST BY OBEYING HIM .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cheated on my first wife. I remarried. While we were separated, she got involved with someone else. As my first wife is dead, and I'm not bound by my second, I'm free to remarry.
Except I'm at deaths' door. This is what I have to offer a woman...she can watch me go through agony until I die. Any takers, ladies? I didn't think so. Hey, I could give you Hep.C., free of charge. No? I didn't think so.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is so rare to see one say this . YET HOW TRUE IT IS .
I have never remarried due to , IF i did so its adultery . YET most blow right past this truth .
You are right my friend .
The sin of adultery remains silent in the pulpit today, there is large $$$ in the silence

These adulterers are large donors, with supposed pastors remaining silent for filthy lucre sake

Just a highlight, John Hagee leader of the Mega Church (Cornerstone) in San Antonio is in the sin of Adultery

Hagee at roughly 40 years old, being a Baptist pastor divorced his wife and ran off and married the college girl Diana Casto 24 years old, he then started Corner stone a short distance down the road $$$

Hal Lindsey is on his 4th or 5th marriage, the list goes on

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cheated on my first wife. I remarried. While we were separated, she got involved with someone else. As my first wife is dead, and I'm not bound by my second, I'm free to remarry.
Except I'm at deaths' door. This is what I have to offer a woman...she can watch me go through agony until I die. Any takers, ladies? I didn't think so. Hey, I could give you Hep.C., free of charge. No? I didn't think so.
You need to be thanking GOD he pulled you out of adultery . Did you ever THINK of that . GOD gave great mercy unto you
now go and do likewise . DONT lead folks into adutlery by promising them its okay , Instead THANK GOD HE PULLED YOU OUT OF IT .
YOU have been given a great gift . GODS MERCY . Now go and do likewise . HE DINT LET YOU DIE IN ADULTERY
HE made a way OUT FOR YOU . always remember that . Good thing you wont remarry . Very good .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Upon reading this again , i notice you said your first wife is dead and you are right the second marriage was NEVER recognized .
But my advice is , ITS BETTER to remain single .