Logos Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone have the Logos Bible app? Do you like it? I have the free version. Is it worth upgrading?

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They should have a free trial so you can try it out for a few days for free

I've heard numerous people say they really like it.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone have the Logos Bible app? Do you like it? I have the free version. Is it worth upgrading?

Hi, Jack!

Logos is the best if you've got lots of money to throw at it.

Otherwise, the online Bibles are the way to go. I've heard that Blue Letter is the best if you have time and effort available to conquer the learning curve.

I use Bible Gateway and Biblehub for reference and quoting and a mobile app called My sword for study.

Look for YouTube tutorials—they can be very helpful.

I have some modules for Logos. Some books for it are much cheaper than for Kindle or print. They have a free book offer every month and they also have their web app (techspeak for "website"—www.logos.com) available for free. It's not quite as functional as their desktop software, but you can't beat the price! :Broadly:

:hearteyes:

Reactions: Jack and Papa Smurf

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Jack!

Logos is the best if you've got lots of money to throw at it.

Otherwise, the online Bibles are the way to go. I've heard that Blue Letter is the best if you have time and effort available to conquer the learning curve.

I use Bible Gateway and Biblehub for reference and quoting and a mobile app called My sword for study.

Look for YouTube tutorials—they can be very helpful.

I have some modules for Logos. Some books for it are much cheaper than for Kindle or print. They have a free book offer every month and they also have their web app (techspeak for "website"—www.logos.com) available for free. It's not quite as functional as their desktop software, but you can't beat the price! :Broadly:

I have the free Logos version but it seems difficult.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would think they would make a version for beginners.

There is virtually no standalone desktop Bible software for beginners, probably because no one has figured away to make a ton of money on it.

Back in the not-so-old days you could find decent cd-rom Bible software in bargain bins at Walmart, etc. But they won't run on newer computers and they weren't as powerful as web sites like the ones I mentioned.

If you don't mind using a web site I'd be happy to look and see if I can find you a good tutorial for beginners somewhere.

This is a good list of free(ish) software:

I used to use SwordSearcher. It's not bad. And I think it is able to use the old Sword/OnlineBible-style module library that has lots of classic cross references, devotionals, commentaries, dictionaries, maps, artwork, etc.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack, don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. I promise not to try sneaking anything heretical in on you. ;)

Reactions: Jack

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have an old Windows version that came with the MacArthur Study Bible. I wasn't very impressed with it.

These days I use the Bible Gateway and Blue Letter Bible apps.