Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember it was the evening, I was sobbing on my bed and Roxette were singing it must have been love...how ironic is that...
Worth remembering. Here's mine.

I was raised in a Christian home, but...
At eight years of age I was attending a Summer Bible camp in Wisconsin.
In a morning chapel service the man speaking did as they always did, he gave an invitation to receive Christ.
He asked that all heads be bowed and all eyes closed. But I found myself peeking to see if any of these "lost sinners"
would raise a hand. At that moment God spoke to me. Though it was a supernatural event,
it seemed as natural to me as anything. I knew who it was and wasn't frightened, or disturbed by it.
What I heard was mind-blowing. It came like a tap on my shoulder. The message clear and direct.
"If you think it is so important, why haven't you done it?" I was speechless. I answered with my feet. I knew the drill.
I rose to my feet and pushed my way to the aisle to go forward before we were even asked to do so.
When I was a young adult I made a connection about this event that had not been apparent to me at the time.
The man who led me to Christ was the son of the man that led my father to the Lord.
A Christian Alliance missionary that went from farm to farm inviting people to Sunday School
and sharing the gospel in the area where my father grew up. Basically in the middle of nowhere.
Such a wonderful mystery, the workings of our great God.

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At that moment God spoke to me. Though it was a supernatural event,
it seemed as natural to me as anything. I knew who it was and wasn't frightened, or disturbed by it.
What I heard was mind-blowing. It came like a tap on my shoulder. The message clear and direct.
"If you think it is so important, why haven't you done it?" I was speechless. I answered with my feet. I knew the drill.
Amen!!

Completely understand, mine was exactly the same..it all happened so very naturally.

Oh yes!!...what you heard was mind blowing!...isn’t it incredible how God speaks to us through the Holy Spirit.

I can picture it now Brother...I’m so glad you shared as it’s given me such a better understanding of where everyone is coming from.

Praise our Wonderful Father indeed.....I bet he’s loving us sharing our testimonies and giving him all of the Glory!!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we DO have your answer!

Question: Do you claim that only those that live lives of SINLESS PERFECTION are saved?
Answer: YES.

As I've already stated... there is security for those abiding IN Christ.

Question: Does just one sin disqualify you from heaven?
Answer: YES.

Once a Christian decides to go sin, they are no longer abiding IN Christ ...
"once one decides" ... we are just one THOUGHT away from being ejected by Christ!

Thank you.
Your folly is clear for all Christians to see for themselves.

Luke 12:1-3 [NASB]
Under these circumstances, after so many thousands of people had gathered together that they were stepping on one another, He began saying to His disciples first of all, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops."

John 6:37-40 [NASB]
"Everything that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I certainly will not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of everything that He has given Me I will lose nothing, but will raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

1 John 1:5-10 - 1Jo 2:1-2 [NASB]
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous, so that He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

[2 Corinthians 1:20-22 NIV]
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
[2 Corinthians 5:1-5 NIV]
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
[Ephesians 1:13-14 NIV]
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

Deny the truth at your own peril.
Those whom God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) saves are SAVED INDEED!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JAM 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

1PE 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and
giveth grace to the humble.

If I have TO HUMBLE MYSELF as scripture plainly states, to receive His GRACE then 'GRACE is not something' I didn't have to DO SOMETHING or WORK for, to receive.
In those Scripture verses, "humble" is a noun ("the humble" - object in the sentence).
In your boasting about what you have done to gain God's favor, you are using "humble" as a verb ("have to humble" - verb in your sentence).

In scripture, God freely chooses to show mercy on those in a lowly state (something they have no control over - nobody can EARN grace).
You propose that men generate humility as an action to earn God's Grace.

Use your Strong's and check out the Greek ... see if I have correctly spoken about scripture and decide for yourself whether GRACE is a gift or a wage (given or earned).

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise our Wonderful Father indeed.....I bet he’s loving us sharing our testimonies and giving him all of the Glory!!
Indeed.
I shared my story at my father's funeral because the man,
Brother Twist, showed up for it. Which had reminded me of the connection.
The Senior Pastor of the church I grew up in was in tears.
He asked the man, Brother Twist to stand up and be recognized.
When I shared my testimony, I had commented that Brother Twist was there.

I also shared a testimony about preparing to speak at the funeral the day before.
It was cloudy and gray and wet from the rain. Not very inspiring weather.
I wanted blue sky and sunshine.

I checked the weather report and saw that it was clearing way to the west of us.
So, I got in my car and headed west. I had to drive quite a distance.

I drove as far as I thought was appropriate, but still found no blue sky and sunshine.
So I pulled into a park to turn around. It was then that I noticed something unusual.

There was a hole in the clouds that put a beam of light on a picnic table in the park.
I parked the car. When I got out I also noticed that though the ground was soaked from rain,
the picnic tables were dry. Very strange. I took my pad of paper and pen and went over
to the picnic table with the beam of light on it, The table and seat were dry enough to sit on.
The clouds above were moving, but the light remained on the table. I assumed it would end
at any moment, so I sat down and began to write. The words flowed onto the page.
Noteworthy memories about my Dad were recorded with ease.

When I had enough for a rough draft I stopped writing. I had plenty to edit down
to a good presentation when I got back home. Amazingly, the light had held until I had finished
and had even continued. I knew I needed to add this to the story I would tell at the funeral.

It made a good introduction, actually. I headed for home. While driving, I noticed that
the circular opening in the clouds remained, I told my wife about the phenomenon
and went out the back of the house to see if it was still there. It was gone then.
It had served its purpose. I set to work on my presentation with that inspiration.

/

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is very fascinating, the distinctions you are making between the/a spirit/Spirit. (S)spirit. (Holy Spirit/spirit of Christ)
Is there a key in the Greek to indicate which is which? You indicated that some of translations were correct and others were incorrect.
How did you make that determination? Is there a key to understanding this?
Finally a Christian who is asking questions. :goodj: Yes, I have been studying multiple translations for years. It is amazing how many times different translations inconsistently capitalize the word spirit and Spirit, or holy Spirit and Holy Spirit. They do so because it is that difficult to translate, because all the Greek manuscripts were written in all capitals. It's also diffficult today since most translations around for a 1,500 years were translated by fundaMENTAList Christians. Guys who were really smart, but just not very spiritual IMO. Though I am thankful for the work they did. Let me just share some examples first SteVen. Realize I'm on the way home from Branson and don't have my 'library' with me.

Just a couple of those inconsistently translated verses I've found.
In this first verse I believe lower case and the holy spirit of Christ in me is correct.

KJV JAM 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
NKJ JAM 4:5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?
RSV JAM 4:5 Or do you suppose it is in vain that the scripture says, "He yearns jealously over the spirit which he has made to dwell in us"?
YLT JAM 4:5 Do ye think that emptily the Writing saith, 'To envy earnestly desireth the spirit that did dwell in us,'
NIV JAM 4:5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely?
NAS JAM 4:5 Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: "He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us"?
ASV JAM 4:5 Or think ye that the scripture speaketh in vain? Doth the spirit which he made to dwell in us long unto envying?

Again I believe lower case is correct. The Holy Spirit of God doesn't need to worship God, He IS GOD.

KJV PHI 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit,...
NKJ PHI 3:3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
RSV PHI 3:3 For we are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit,...
NAS PHI 3:3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God
YLT PHI 3:3 for we are the circumcision, who by the Spirit are serving God,...
NIV PHI 3:3* For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God,

All translations I've found in this next verse say "worship the Father in spirit" in lower case. I believe lower case above also. You worship from your spirit and you praise from your soul.

JOH 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit

Next verse I believe lower case is correct because it is your spirit of Christ being talked about.

NKJ Rom 8:15,16 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we
cry out, "Abba, Father."16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

KJV Rom 8:15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption,
RSV ROM 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the spirit of sonship. When
we cry, "Abba! Father!"
NAS ROM 8:15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as
sons
by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
YLT ROM 8:15 for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a spirit of adoption in which we cry, 'Abba - Father.'
NIV ROM 8:15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

I have 22 verses so far in the NT/OT that don't agree on what spirit is being spoken of, based upon capitalizing the S and leading leading theologians astray....along with everyone here, so far as I know..

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In those Scripture verses, "humble" is a noun ("the humble" - object in the sentence).
In your boasting about what you have done to gain God's favor, you are using "humble" as a verb ("have to humble" - verb in your sentence).

In scripture, God freely chooses to show mercy on those in a lowly state (something they have no control over - nobody can EARN grace).
You propose that men generate humility as an action to earn God's Grace.
If I have HUMBLED myself then I am 'THE HUMBLE' one God gives His GRACE/power to, to do what His will demands. I have a saying; "GOD REIGNS THROUGH THOSE WHO OBEY, AND HE RULES OVER THOSE WHO DO NOT."

You sir, are simply trying to RAIN ON my REIGNING OVER you here, in your feeble attempts to promote your 1/2 truth doctrine into the whole lie it really is.

Use your Strong's and check out the Greek ... see if I have correctly spoken about scripture and decide for yourself whether GRACE is a gift or a wage (given or earned).
I don't even need Strongs to beat you. Just read the ENGLISH.

1PE 5:5 Likewise you that are younger be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

Then you might REPENT of your "proud"-ness and HUMBLE YOURSELF....and apologize to me. Bet that sticks in your craw doesn't it. I won't hold my breath. coffee:

Reactions: St. SteVen

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s impossible to discuss with you , because you aren’t understanding what it means to be Born Again.

Oh, I understand just fine what being born again is based on God's Word.

Jesus said those that do not abide in Him bearing fruit... will be cut of and thrown in to the fire (John 15) so the problem here is people who refuse to accept all that the Lord says and instead they want to pick-N-choose what scriptures they think are true and consider other scriptures to be lies.

That's the whole problem!... It's not my problem because the Lord taught me long ago that ALL that He says is Truth, but some folks just don't see it that way to their own peril.

Refusing to accept the whole counsel of God is how false doctrine gets started and those refusing to accept the whole counsel of God are pleasing the devil, not the Lord... yep, they making the devil mighty happy and helping him deceive people. It's shameful really.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I understand just fine what being born again is based on God's Word.

Jesus said those that do not abide in Him bearing fruit... will be cut of and thrown in to the fire (John 15) so the problem here is people who refuse to accept all that the Lord says and instead they want to pick-N-choose what scriptures they think are true and consider other scriptures to be lies.

That's the whole problem!... It's not my problem because the Lord taught me long ago that ALL that He says is Truth, but some folks just don't see it that way to their own peril.

Refusing to accept the whole counsel of God is how false doctrine gets started and those refusing to accept the whole counsel of God are pleasing the devil, not the Lord... yep, they making the devil mighty happy and helping him deceive people. It's shameful really.
This post just shows your ignorance about what it means to be birthed in the spirit..

Secular and irrelevant to a Born Again.

Still I wait for scripture that says a Born Again can lose their salvation....LOL....

Only a Born Again will see the Kingdom of God....and can NEVER lose their salvation....in the Name of Jesus ...Amen!!

John 3:3
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

English Standard Version
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Berean Standard Bible
Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

Berean Literal Bible
Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, except anyone be born from above, he is not able to see the kingdom of God."

King James Bible
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

New King James Version
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

New American Standard Bible
Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

NASB 1995
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife calls those “God-beams”.

1696878810545.png God graced me with a "God-beam" in the picture I took, to the left. Can you see the perfect CROSS in it? It was an early morning. And the Lord's WORD to me was "You are seeing the passing of the evening's 'pillar of fire' and coming of "the cloud of day". This was witnessed the day after I had been called by a sister to enter into seeking a prophetic word over our church.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

New Living Translation
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Standard Bible
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Literal Bible
Anyone having been born of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him, and he is not able to continue sinning, because he has been born of God.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still I wait for scripture that says a Born Again can lose their salvation....LOL....

I've already posted a ton is scripture about this but sadly... those that suffer from Cherry Picker's Syndrome have decided only a few things the Lord says in His Word are true.

So, you on the outside looking in and that's too bad for you as that does NOT end well.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already posted a ton is scripture about this but sadly... those that suffer from Cherry Picker's Syndrome have decided only a few things the Lord says in His Word are true.

So, you on the outside looking in and that's too bad for you as that does NOT end well.
You have not shown anything

Since when does "never die" "meant might not die"?

since when does eternal life equal conditional life?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You’ve done no such thing..

There is NO scripture that says a “ Born Again “can lose their salvation..you haven’t produced not one.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

New Living Translation
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Standard Bible
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Literal Bible
Anyone having been born of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him, and he is not able to continue sinning, because he has been born of God.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I have HUMBLED myself then I am 'THE HUMBLE' one God gives His GRACE/power to, to do what His will demands. I have a saying; "GOD REIGNS THROUGH THOSE WHO OBEY, AND HE RULES OVER THOSE WHO DO NOT."

You sir, are simply trying to RAIN ON my REIGNING OVER you here, in your feeble attempts to promote your 1/2 truth doctrine into the whole lie it really is.
I applaud your clever rhetoric, but clever rhetoric is not a valid support for eisegesis. You still changed action by God upon people in a certain state of being, into an action by fallen men to control God's actions (as a prerequisite).

... And you managed that clever magic trick with "no scriptures up your sleeves". ;)

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even need Strongs to beat you. Just read the ENGLISH.

1PE 5:5 Likewise you that are younger be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

Then you might REPENT of your "proud"-ness and HUMBLE YOURSELF....and apologize to me. Bet that sticks in your craw doesn't it. I won't hold my breath. coffee:
You have misinterpreted my motives. I am a Particular Baptist.

As a 5-pointer in the Doctrines of Grace, I am not responsible for changing ANYBODY's heart (God does that and requires no help from me). As scripture says, "who am I to judge the servant of another?" I am nobody of significance. I merely have an obligation to present truth when I see possible error, so the blood of no man is on my hands.

As a Baptist, I embrace the distinctive of Individual Soul Liberty. Ultimately, I enjoy a good discussion with people of different opinions. I even admire clever arguments that I believe are incorrect. However each soul is responsible to God and no man has the right to demand that any soul accept what they believe. Even ATHEISTS have a right to embrace their error and I would oppose a State Church forcing conversion of Atheists to Christianity. It would be insincere and futile. God will handle God's business in God's time.

I believe that the preeminent sovereignty of God is written large across all scripture. God, not man, is the FIRST CAUSE and PRIME MOVER of all things (including salvation) ... but men are entitled to whatever folly contrary to truth they desire to embrace.

So there is no ME to beat. I am only stating truth as I see it. You are free to reject every word of it with my complete blessings. I am not your Savior, so you don't answer to me at all.

Congratulations, if victory matters, then "You win". I acknowledge your right to your beliefs and respectfully decline to embrace them. I apologize for creating any other impression, however, I cannot apologize for believing TRUTH as I see it. My conscience will not allow me to go that far.

Shalom shalom (perfect peace).

Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.