Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that refuse to accept the whole counsel of God... gonna as find out what folly is all about when they croak and start going south instead of north!
North ... like Harvard, Yale and Princeton ... the Temples of Secular Humanism.
South ... like the Bible Belt ... with a church on every corner. ;)

In SCRIPTURE, Heaven is generally described as UP and Hell is generally described as DOWN ... just sayin'. :cool:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I applaud your clever rhetoric, but clever rhetoric is not a valid support for eisegesis. You still changed action by God upon people in a certain state of being, into an action by fallen men to control God's actions (as a prerequisite).

... And you managed that clever magic trick with "no scriptures up your sleeves". ;)
And, just as i suspected, repentance and apology still stuck hard huh? You are right about one thing, the scripture wasn’t up my sleeve, it was in the post for all to see your disingenuous response ☹️

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife calls those “God-beams”.
That's a good name for them.
Maybe "high-beams" or "brights" works as well. - LOL

Is this something she sees on a regular basis?
My wife has a thing for angels.
(that's why she married me) - LOL

/

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In those Scripture verses, "humble" is a noun ("the humble" - object in the sentence).
In your boasting about what you have done to gain God's favor, you are using "humble" as a verb ("have to humble" - verb in your sentence).

In scripture, God freely chooses to show mercy on those in a lowly state (something they have no control over - nobody can EARN grace).
You propose that men generate humility as an action to earn God's Grace.

Use your Strong's and check out the Greek ... see if I have correctly spoken about scripture and decide for yourself whether GRACE is a gift or a wage (given or earned).
What I think . . . those who have real humility don't go around talking about it.

Grace is unmerited favor. When someone interprets it as "life changing power" for instance, then you can think you earn it.

In fact, Grace is God's umerited favor in letting us be with Him. Being with Him is what changes us. This isn't about "the force be with you."

Much love!

Reactions: atpollard

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even need Strongs to beat you. Just read the ENGLISH.

1PE 5:5 Likewise you that are younger be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

Then you might REPENT of your "proud"-ness and HUMBLE YOURSELF....and apologize to me. Bet that sticks in your craw doesn't it. I won't hold my breath. coffee:
This is an interesting display of humility . . .

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is NO scripture that says a “ Born Again “can lose their salvation..you haven’t produced not one.
And here are 2 that say plainly that those who are born again will be with Jesus at the end.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

. . . and . . .

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

So if anyone thinks otherwise, they need to rethink it.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Yes very interesting indeed!
Ppl that are this blatant are easily ignored!
It's the subtilty of the serpent that gets expressed that has one bitten before they can draw back!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes very interesting indeed!
Ppl that are this blatant are easily ignored!
It's the subtilty of the serpent that gets expressed that has one bitten before they can draw back!
I think we sometimes just become so full of ourselves that we stop seeing what everyone around us can see. So we have to guard against that. Like getting a head of steam that just has us barreling down the track, not stopping to think it through, just slap someone down, or whatever it is.

Much love!

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have misinterpreted my motives. I am a Particular Baptist.
I disagree, I believe I've nailed your motives and the spirit behind them.

As a 5-pointer in the Doctrines of Grace, I am not responsible for changing ANYBODY's heart (God does that and requires no help from me). As scripture says, "who am I to judge the servant of another?" I am nobody of significance. I merely have an obligation to present truth when I see possible error, so the blood of no man is on my hands.
As a 5 pointer, with point 2 and 3, IMO, you serve a GOD worse than Hitler with an eternal Auschwitz. You believe in the doctrine of PREDESTINATION, as do I. But then your God POV takes those who He never "predestined, chose, foreordained or called" and sends them to eternal hell. Lucky you though, you get IN with your UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION and LIMITED ATONEMENT 'get out of Hell' pass. Sorry, my GOD POV wins because He was and is omniscient from the beginning. And He didn't have a plan where Satan, whom He created, come up with a better plan than God TO WIN most.

As a Baptist, I embrace the distinctive of Individual Soul Liberty.

As a Christian I embrace 'the truth' which is;
ROM 11:32 For God has consigned all men to disobedience, that he may have mercy upon all.

So much for the "Soul liberty" of unsaved souls to tell "the potter" squat. The exception being to say THANKS for His saving mercy "in the ages to come".

I believe that the preeminent sovereignty of God is written large across all scripture. God, not man, is the FIRST CAUSE and PRIME MOVER of all things (including salvation) ... but men are entitled to whatever folly contrary to truth they desire to embrace.
Then your God is a "PRIME MOVER" of nothing if men are "ENTITLED" to 'their move' against the PRIME MOVER. Inconsistency is a jewel your theology needs a bit more 'shining' in.

So there is no ME to beat. I am only stating truth as I see it.
As was I, and that's why I was compelled to, and did, beat YOU.

Congratulations, if victory matters, then "You win".
Of course it matters, that's why you're here with your "eisigesis"/exegesis vocabulary and cemetery (sic) degree. And your conciliation above still FEELS like the little boy who said; "I may be sitting down on the outside, but I'm still standing up on the inside."

I cannot apologize for believing TRUTH as I see it. My conscience will not allow me to go that far.
I can't either. But when I was wrong and convicted by the holy spirit of Christ within me or the The Holy Spirit of God upon me I have done it on the forum. Have you EVER?

Shalom shalom (perfect peace).

Arthur
When you come to respect your opponent, I hope that "perfect peace" truly happens for us. Because, as one who spent 2 years on a kill floor I learned that "IRON SHARPENS IRON", but only if the angle (attitude) of the 2 irons are correct. If they aren't then there is no sharpening. There are only sparks flying between 'the steel rod' and the 'knife blade'. :innocent:

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I was only given a 'humble badge' at one church I went to. But then they took it away when I wore it to church that next Sunday. :jest: Do you know who wrote IN THE BIBLE that Moses was the most humble man on earth?

NUM 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.)

It was MOSES. :Broadly: I wasn't trying to be humble I was giving a hard exhortation which was deserved and ignored IMHO. Yes I know I know...just how much that IMHO grated on me when I saw so many use it AGAINST me and anyone who agreed with me, on just about anything.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NUM 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.)
Did he? Or did the same writer who added the part about Moses' death and burial? Perhaps?

Even so, I'll just leave you with your words and tone in that post and you can decide for yourself what to think.

Much love!

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did he? Or did the same writer who added the part about Moses' death and burial? Perhaps?

Even so, I'll just leave you with your words and tone in that post and you can decide for yourself what to think.

Much love!
I'm more than happy to major on your "PERHAPS", which is a good answer... and your "MUCH LOVE" which looks much better than it FEELS, right now. But hey, with time things could change a bunch....PERHAPS. :woohoo!:

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Christian I embrace 'the truth' which is;
ROM 11:32 For God has consigned all men to disobedience, that he may have mercy upon all.
Let me guess … all means all without exception … So you are a HUMBLE, BIBLE SCHOLAR and a UNIVERSALIST.

Well isn’t that special.

The JW and LDS must be so jealous. :rolleyes:

• Haha

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me guess … all means all without exception … So you are a HUMBLE, BIBLE SCHOLAR and a UNIVERSALIST.
And now it is you who judges me wrongly. Universalism is as big a ocean as being a BAPTIST. But you are a special Baptist who is right. Well i am an ultimate reconciliationist, and that fish does swim in the same waters as some other fish in the ocean of universalism. Actually I think like you, a PARTICULAR who swims in the Baptist ocean.

Speaking of which, I noticed you refuted not one of your two wilted TULIP petals which I addressed in my post. So you might just want to rethink your challenge against me. Finish that fight before running away trying to parry yourself from another defeat.

Just saying…pastor (????) Am I right or wrong?

Well isn’t that special.
Very much actually. 10 years studying that heresy just hoping it was true. And sold out for it, for the last 40 years.

The JW and LDS must be so jealous.
The JW’s, and the Mormons which I recently dealt with, just might question the intelligence of that statement from one who just might fain thinking more highly than he ought.

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but I'm not sure if that argument holds water.

Can the Devil take your physical life? (kill you) ???
Does that mean you can't lose it?

/
He has been stealing and killing and destroying the souls and bodies of "Christians" for 2,000 years. If you sin, you die and go to HADES where your corruptible/perishable body is destroyed by decay. That's what Paul said....to Christians.

JOH 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Why does this happen? Because we haven't become PERFECT in our character and we haven't become as HOLY as Jesus walked.

We are called to "be PERFECT as your heavenly father is perfect." We are called to 'be as HOLY as Jesus'.

Thank you Jesus, that whatever sin I still have in my life, was eternally paid for 2,000 years ago. AND thank you for your UNLIMITED ATONEMENT which paid for the sins of the whole world at that same time.

Thank you that you killed the second PETAL of CALVIN'S TULIP on the cross of Calvery.

NIV 1JO 2:2 He is the ATONING/propititation sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
I agree, but I'm not sure if that argument holds water.

Can the Devil take your physical life? (kill you) ???
Does that mean you can't lose it?
He has been stealing and killing and destroying the souls and bodies of "Christians" for 2,000 years. If you sin, you die and go to HADES where your corruptible/perishable body is destroyed by decay. That's what Paul said....to Christians.
Yes, but did he do that without permission?

/

Status
Not open for further replies.