Mainstream churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
faithful1 I wasnt talking about you personally we are talking about your opinion that no Christain should enter the military or a police force.It is not your personal life we are talking about. You state no Christain should enter the military. Thats what Im refering to.Say there are three soldies 2 non-christain 1 christain they come upon a young man with a gun 2 want to kill him the christain is not afraid for his life knows it is wrong tells the others to take his weapon and let him go. If it had been 3 non christains they just would have killed him. This is why I argue that if you say Christains should not join military or Police. The organization then has no morals.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(thesuperjag;10658)
Some middle school kid back in my days did kicked the desk and slam it to my left elbow in 7th grade. One year later that same kid laser pen right in my eye tried to blind me. Now that's a true story.
This is very different situation than the military. You can do many things in this situation even though it is very difficult for victims to report this kind of evil among kids. I am so sorry about your story. My oldest daugther was bullied around by other kids and I did not even know it. It sure makes me sick to my stomach that I did not know anything therefore did not do anything when I retrospect..

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(kriss;10660)
faithful1 I wasnt talking about you personally we are talking about your opinion that no Christain should enter the military or a police force.It is not your personal life we are talking about. You state no Christain should enter the military. Thats what Im refering to.
I know kriss. I am talking about the military too. I practice what I preach in my own life too.
Say there are three soldies 2 non-christain 1 christain they come upon a young man with a gun 2 want to kill him the christain is not afraid for his life knows it is wrong tells the others to take his weapon and let him go. If it had been 3 non christains they just would have killed him. This is why I argue that if you say Christains should not join military or Police. The organization then has no morals.
I trust that Jesus followers' can always find biblical discernment in any situation without killing anyone. You have to obey military laws when you are in the military. Military's main mission is to kill and destroy their enemy. They are trained to kill, Kriss. Do you know that when you join the military, you have to make an oath to the government? When you enlist, the government owns you; you become "GI": Government Issue. Christians are supposed to be owned by God, not anyone else.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(Faithful1;10595)
It is very obvious that nothing good comes out of any war, period, jag.
Anyone who utters that nonsense obviously does not know what they are talking about. I see leftist try to argue that nonsense.Now I know you have a anti-military agenda.Where would the world be today if our forefathers did not stand up to the British for their own freedom,to the confederates,to Nazi Germany and Japan?Good does come out of war when the right side is victorious.The thing that many leftist do not understand is that in war even though a soldier or marine's life in on the line he is not fighting for his life,he is fighting for the lives of others.When I first saw the topic of this thread I was assuming it was going to be about mainstream churches not your anti-military agenda.Mainstream churches are those who tolerate sin like idolatry,homosexuality, and other sins.Mainstream churches try to use the word "fundamentalist" like it is a bad thing,Mainstream churches try preach false teachings by perverting the bible.Mainstream churches try to use cultural context to condone sin.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(jamesrage;10664)
Anyone who utters that nonsense obviously does not know what they are talking about.
I am sorry you feel this way but I believe I know what I am talking about.
I see leftist try to argue that nonsense.
What is leftist? Souds like political term to me. I don't get involve with politics.
Now I know you have a anti-military agenda.
I have God's agenda in mind, always; everything I do. I am not implying I am perfect whatsoever. You can nitpick my imperfectoin in everything I do and say too.
.Where would the world be today if our forefathers did not stand up to the British for their own freedom,to the confederates,to Nazi Germany and Japan?
I don't know, I don't do what ifs.
Good does come out of war when the right side is victorious.
Of course, if you call destroying your enemy is victory. It sounds like worldly thinking and not of Jesus.
The thing that many leftist do not understand is that in war even though a soldier or marine's life in on the line he is not fighting for his life,he is fighting for the lives of others.
Excellent comments that the most people agree. It certenely is politically correct comments.
When I first saw the topic of this thread I was assuming it was going to be about mainstream churches not your anti-military agenda.
To me, it is mainstream agenda. Most mainstreams appove of joining the military. If they don't they willl hardly get the members.
Mainstream churches are those who tolerate sin like idolatry,homosexuality, and other sins.Mainstream churches try to use the word "fundamentalist" like it is a bad thing,Mainstream churches try preach false teachings by perverting the bible.Mainstream churches try to use cultural context to condone sin.
I have not seen any godly mainstream churches, period. Not even one, in my searching around diligently for five years; I have been to many denominations and churches faithfully. There is no such thing as perfect church because we are all so imperfect as everone knows, but there is a huge difference between imperfection and hypocrisy. What I see in the mainstream is hypocrisy. And the military is the biggest hypocrisy, IMHO.thank you for your perticipation in this thread..
smile.gif