Man's Works Burned Off the Earth at Jesus' Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and as I have already posted: This will not happen.
The 3 proof texts about the glorious Return of Jesus, do not say He will burn anything then. Zechariah 14:4' Matthew 24:29-30, Revelation 19:11-21
It will be the Lord's terrible Day of fiery wrath, which will come to change the world. At least 10 years before the Return.

As for putting other posters on ignore; doing that just shows people have no answers to their; as you see it - errors.
Trying to limit to those 3 Scriptures is like trying to RE-WRITE The Bible. Might as well scrap the traditional Scriptures and create your own bible like many of the deceivers do today.

Examples of where Apostle Peter was pulling from in 2 Peter 3:10 about God's consuming fire burning man's works off this earth on the "day of the Lord"...

Zech 14:12
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
KJV

Isa 66:15-17
15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with His chariots like a whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by His sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
KJV

Nah 1:2
2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on His adversaries, and He reserveth wrath for His enemies.
KJV

Nah 1:5
5 The mountains quake at Him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at His presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
KJV

And Lord Jesus in Rev.16:15 showed that He comes "as a thief", which is the same 'as a thief' metaphor Paul and Peter used for when the "day of the Lord" will happen!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
2 Peter 3:2-7 That you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the Word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same Word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the Day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Peter shows that the prophets foretold this as well as the apostles as well as Jesus. Both the Old Testament and the New Testament speak of the forthcoming Day of Fire. People refuse to acknowledge this Judgment by the fire of God that is coming upon the earth. Isaiah 66:15-16

Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you: when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; neither shall you be burned. .

Isaiah spoke of a time when God's people would walk through the fire, and the fire would not hurt them. Jesus said of this forthcoming day of fire: Luke 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth and how I wish to was already kindled.

The word for fire is PUR and means "a flame, fire." It is the same word used for the eternal fire of judgment.

What about us, the godly, the ones who are desiring to know Him and to serve Him, to walk and to be pleasing in His sight? What effect will this Day of Judgment have on us? But wherever you are in the Lord it is a Day of Overcoming.
It may not be pleasant, but we are to look forward to His terrible Day of Fire.

And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot . . . Luke 17:26 & 28

Both Noah and Lot were taken through God's wrath. Noah and Lot were in God's protected place and not affected by God's judgment, even though the judgment was all around them.

"I have come to set fire to the earth,…..but I have a baptism to undergo first and I am constrained until it is over. Luke 12:49-50

How is Jesus to be constrained till it be accomplished? When you study these Scriptures, you might think Jesus is referring to His own death. Where was Jesus headed? On His way to Jerusalem. He was going to His death. But when we realize He was also speaking of a literal Day of Fire, to come upon the earth; a baptism of fire upon the whole earth, that will occur on His terrible Day of vengeance and wrath. Isaiah 61:1-2 confirms this; Jesus stopped His quote of Isaiah’s prophecy before the Day of vengeance of our God. And in Isaiah 63:1-6, He gets His garments splashed with blood. Later, at the Return, we see His garments already blood splashed from His previous Day of wrath, several years before. Actually only a half hour to the Lord, as the Seventh Seal tells us.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 66:15-17
For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with His chariots like a whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by His sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse,
shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
KJV

Some folks simply have a hard time reading and need eyeglasses.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some folks simply have a hard time reading and need eyeglasses
It isn't the seeing thats your problem, it's the understanding,

Does Isaiah 66:15-17 say that the Lord [Jesus] will actually Return on the Day of wrath? It doesn't and other prophesies like Amos 1 and psalms 11:4-6, tell us that He SENDS His fiery wrath.
The glorious Return comes some time later, AFTER all the wrath of God is over. Revelation 15:1, Matthew 24:29-30

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is where God gave the prophecy of Lord Jesus' future return to this earth on the "day of the Lord", and His gathering His saints and bringing them to Jerusalem with Him. And then immediately begins His future "thousand years" reign with His elect over the unsaved nations as written in Rev.20...

Zech 14:1-9
14 Behold,
the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For
I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Where else did Jesus warn about the coming battle of armies gathered around Jerusalem for the end of this world? In Revelation 16 He specifically warned about that battle with the idea of "Armageddon". He also revealed about it in Revelation 19 on the day of His future coming on a white horse wielding a sword, and also in Ezekiel 38-39, even giving us a specific nation alignment of the nation's armies that will come up against Israel on that last day. Zephaniah 3 shows this event of God gathering those nations against Jerusalem is so He will pour out His cup of indignation on them, which is pointing to His consuming fire burning those armies up.

Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle.

Did you not know God fought a previous battle against Satan in the old world before this present world we are in today? Revelation 12:3-4 shows that Satan had rebelled with a similar beast system in the old world that had ten horns, seven heads, but only seven crowns. The final beast at the end of this world is to have "ten crowns" per Rev.13.

And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Acts 1 shows us when and how Lord Jesus ascended to Heaven in a cloud. The two angels that appeared to His Apostles there which saw it said Jesus will return "in like manner" as they saw Him go into Heaven. So here it is, Jesus' future return to the Mount of Olives where He ascended to Heaven from. Can't get any more plain than that above description.

And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee.

That shows Jesus is going to bring His faithful Church with Him there to that Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem on the day of His future return.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

That is a similar description that Jesus said in The Gospel about no man knowing the day or hour of His future return, but only that The Father knows that time. So that is marking these events here definitely to be about His future return.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

God's River was once upon this literal earth, per Genesis 2. It is described having return per the Ezekiel 47 chapter. That is what these "living waters shall go out from Jerusalem" is about. That will begin with Christ's future return to this earth and for His reign over all the earth.

9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and His name one.
KJV

That further confirms what timing these events are for, i.e. for when Jesus returns. Then there won't be many religions or faiths, but only One God over all peoples and over all the earth. That is point to Christ's future literal reign on earth with His elect.

All this is so simple. God's consuming fire is linked with many of those other "day of the Lord" examples I gave, and this Zech.14 example makes plain on that day will be Christ's return to take reign over all the earth. So The Bible is like I declared, that on the last day of this world the "day of the Lord" will occur which will usher in Christ's return, and burn man's works off this earth by God's consuming fire at the same time, and literally burning those armies coming out of the northern quarters, leaving a remnant of them that will bow to Christ.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
God's consuming fire is linked with many of those other "day of the Lord" examples I gave, and this Zech.14 example
I agree, but none of them refer to the Day that Jesus will Return, The great Day of Almighty God; Revelation 16:14b
This I have proved from Matthew 24:29 and Revelation 15:1. Both plainly, undeniably and irrefutably say that God's wrath is over before Jesus Returns.
this Zech.14 example makes plain on that day will be Christ's return to take reign over all the earth
There IS a time gap between Zech 14:2 and Zech 14:3-4. Proved by the scriptures I gave above and by Revelation 13:5-8, where there is a 1260 day, or 42 month gap, between the 'beast' conquering the holy people and when Jesus Returns.

Your idea of Jesus burning up the earth and killing everyone when He returns, is untenable, unscriptural and cannot happen.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree, but none of them refer to the Day that Jesus will Return, The great Day of Almighty God; Revelation 16:14b
This I have proved from Matthew 24:29 and Revelation 15:1. Both plainly, undeniably and irrefutably say that God's wrath is over before Jesus Returns.

Rev 16:12-16 is presently unfolding now and the nations will be gathered at Armageddon in around 20-25 years' time. Matt 24:29 points to the end of the next age and not to the end of this age, whereas Rev 15:1 began to happen a century or so ago with the unfolding of Rev 16:17-21 having begun and is rushing rapidly towards its completion.

There IS a time gap between Zech 14:2 and Zech 14:3-4. Proved by the scriptures I gave above and by Revelation 13:5-8, where there is a 1260 day, or 42 month gap, between the 'beast' conquering the holy people and when Jesus Returns.

Daniel 12:11-12 disagrees with your speculation as to the timeframe that you are referencing.

Your idea of Jesus burning up the earth and killing everyone when He returns, is untenable, unscriptural and cannot happen.

More of your unscriptural understanding where this is your understanding that is not backed up with scriptural references.

Oh well more of your speculation based on your own learnings.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 16:12-16 is presently unfolding now and the nations will be gathered at Armageddon in around 20-25 years' time.
That is false date setting. You do not know when that battle of Armageddon will happen, nor when that 7th Vial is poured out. No man knows what that day is in our future.

The event Jesus pointed to in Rev.16:15 with His saying, "Behold, I come as a thief", is about the "day of the Lord" timing. That "day of the Lord" is set for the very LAST DAY of this present world, whenever that will be no man knows. That is the 'day' which Lord Jesus was linking His future coming, and the battle of Armageddon to in Rev.16:15-17.

Matt 24:29 points to the end of the next age and not to the end of this age, whereas Rev 15:1 began to happen a century or so ago with the unfolding of Rev 16:17-21 having begun and is rushing rapidly towards its completion.
False. Lord Jesus in Matthew 24:29-31 is pointing directly to the LAST DAY of this present world, on the "day of the Lord" which is the 'day' of His future coming to gather His faithful saints. And Jesus specifically showed that will happen AFTER... the tribulation of those days. So why would you quote from that verse and yet omit His saying that 'AFTER the tribulation' for that event?

Matt 24:29-31
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

YOU are simply NOT to be trusted with God's written Word.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The event Jesus pointed to in Rev.16:15 with His saying, "Behold, I come as a thief", is about the "day of the Lord" timing. That "day of the Lord" is set for the very LAST DAY of this present world, whenever that will be no man knows. That is the 'day' which Lord Jesus was linking His future coming, and the battle of Armageddon to in Rev.16:15-17.

Oh Davy, that is your opinion that Armageddon is at the end of the present world. I would suggest to you that the Sixth Bowl Judgement is presently unfolding now, and its completion will be at the end of this present age.

False. Lord Jesus in Matthew 24:29-31 is pointing directly to the LAST DAY of this present world, on the "day of the Lord" which is the 'day' of His future coming to gather His faithful saints. And Jesus specifically showed that will happen AFTER... the tribulation of those days. So why would you quote from that verse and yet omit His saying that 'AFTER the tribulation' for that event?

Oh Davy, it seems to me that we are in agreement as to the timing of the when this present world ends. I have described in a different manner, but with the same conclusion in mind.
YOU are simply NOT to be trusted with God's written Word.

Davy can you be trusted when you have difficulty in the comprehension of another member's post when in fact they are expressing the same conclusions.

There is more than one way of correctly expressing the context of God's word. It does not have to look the same way as you would express it.

Shalom

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Davy, that is your opinion that Armageddon is at the end of the present world. I would suggest to you that the Sixth Bowl Judgement is presently unfolding now, and its completion will be at the end of this present age.
Not an opinion, what I showed is what is written in Rev.16.

Jesus is warning His Church that He comes "as a thief", and the next two verses are about the gathering of the nations for the battle of Armageddon, and then the 7th Vial is poured out involving God's Wrath. So there's no way to miss that timing and order for the end. And there's no way to miss other Bible Scripture about God's Wrath poured out upon the wicked on that day, even showing that event is linked to the "day of the Lord", which is an expression for the last day of this present world.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not an opinion, what I showed is what is written in Rev.16.

Ah Davy, what you have expressed is your opinion as to the order in which the Bowl Judgements will occur in.

Your opinion has been formed because of the order that the Bowl Judgements have been presented, but the reality is that a list of events that will occur does not provide any information as to when any particular Bowl judgement event will occur. I would humbly suggest to you that the Bowl Judgements should be considered in the reverse order in which they are given in Rev 16. That is the First is last and the seventh is first with respect to the major events that are given in each of the Bowl Judgement.

What is the last action of the Beast and the False prophet with respect to what they force people to do? When does this occur? If their last action is to get people to take the mark of the beast, then is not the first Bowl Judgement then the last Bowl Judgement before the final Judgement.

Now, it is true that what you state was with respect to Rev 16:12-16 if it is presented in a cooky cut commentary, but the sixth bowl judgement cannot be looked at in isolation without referring to other prophecies.

Now Davy, you are telling me that only your manner in understanding the scriptures is correct, even though we actually agree that the end of the world and the end of the seventh age both describe the same end event.

Davy, it may be best to end our conversation at this junction and to let it slide without the putdowns that you are injecting into our conversation.

Shalom and Goodbye

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah Davy, what you have expressed is your opinion as to the order in which the Bowl Judgements will occur in.

Your opinion has been formed because of the order that the Bowl Judgements have been presented, but the reality is that a list of events that will occur does not provide any information as to when any particular Bowl judgement event will occur. I would humbly suggest to you that the Bowl Judgements should be considered in the reverse order in which they are given in Rev 16. That is the First is last and the seventh is first with respect to the major events that are given in each of the Bowl Judgement.

What is the last action of the Beast and the False prophet with respect to what they force people to do? When does this occur? If their last action is to get people to take the mark of the beast, then is not the first Bowl Judgement then the last Bowl Judgement before the final Judgement.

Now, it is true that what you state was with respect to Rev 16:12-16 if it is presented in a cooky cut commentary, but the sixth bowl judgement cannot be looked at in isolation without referring to other prophecies.

Now Davy, you are telling me that only your manner in understanding the scriptures is correct, even though we actually agree that the end of the world and the end of the seventh age both describe the same end event.

Davy, it may be best to end our conversation at this junction and to let it slide without the putdowns that you are injecting into our conversation.

Shalom and Goodbye
Like I said, you are not to be trusted with God's written Word.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like I said, you are not to be trusted with God's written Word.

You comment is inappropriate and not necessary. That is your opinion based on your feelings. It may not be God's opinion with respect to myself. I would take God's opinion over yours with respect to your quoted claim.
Goodbye

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You comment is inappropriate and not necessary. That is your opinion based on your feelings. It may not be God's opinion with respect to myself. I would take God's opinion over yours with respect to your quoted claim.
Goodbye
Who has bewitched you away from the simplicity that is God's Word? I presented the Scripture, but you REJECT IT, just as all UNBELIEVING JEWS DO.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who has bewitched you away from the simplicity that is God's Word? I presented the Scripture, but you REJECT IT, just as all UNBELIEVING JEWS DO.

"Let it go, let it go, let it go, . . " Davy. Davy, you are now presenting false arguments to justify your position by attacking the person rather than the content of what they post. As such it is not a good look for you.

Now can we simply agree to disagree with each other.

Now goodbye for now, Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Let it go, let it go, let it go, . . " Davy. Davy, you are now presenting false arguments to justify your position by attacking the person rather than the content of what they post. As such it is not a good look for you.

Now can we simply agree to disagree with each other.

Now goodbye for now, Davy
Welcome to my IGNORE list, there are many there that 'reject' Scripture there like yourself.