Many today doubt that God exists, what convinces you that He does?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God exist? The Bible says we must believe He is, and becomes the rewarder of those seeking Him. Heb 11:6.

What convinces you personally that He does exist?

Reactions: Taken and dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I got mail from him this morning. It said, welcome to another day; all your needs are supplied. There is oxygen in the air, there is sunshine which I know you like, there is even some moisture to keep the vegetation from becoming sad and water for you to wash the sleep from your eyes, to freshen your skin and have a drink......and most of all, just as I promised, I will walk beside you in all your affairs and interactions.
I thought that was a pretty persuasive welcome. :)

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God rescued me seconds before death... He raised my daughter from the dead ...anytime I forget those and all of the incredible miracles and blessing He has done or have a moment of doubt ... I speak in tongues ... that reassures me that I have salvation and God is real.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God exist? The Bible says we must believe He is, and becomes the rewarder of those seeking Him. Heb 11:6.

I've seen God so I have no doubts really anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God rescued me seconds before death... He raised my daughter from the dead ...anytime I forget those and all of the incredible miracles and blessing He has done or have a moment of doubt ... I speak in tongues ... that reassures me that I have salvation and God is real.
He brought my brother back from the dead too. What a blessing God is.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen God so I have no doubts really anymore.
Were you playing Black Sabbath at 78 again? Sorry Dev, I couldn't resist sir.

In all seriousness the Bible states very clearly that no man may see God and live. However it is possible to see spirit beings if you have special attributes, to most of us they are invisible, but like wind we sometimes can observe their presence. I understand cats are able to see and react to them. When the Bible says that God appears to humans, He always did so through a representative angel, perhaps you were visited by one of them. I thank you for your testimony Dev.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you playing Black Sabbath at 78 again? Sorry Dev, I couldn't resist sir.

In all seriousness the Bible states very clearly that no man may see God and live. However it is possible to see spirit beings if you have special attributes, to most of us they are invisible, but like wind we sometimes can observe their presence. I understand cats are able to see and react to them. When the Bible says that God appears to humans, He always did so through a representative angel, perhaps you were visited by one of them. I thank you for your testimony Dev.
Arrggghhh, someohow I knew I would get a doubting response from you. I could sense it coming. The scripture you're quoting was past tense. Exodus 33:20. Let me share the promise made after that, from Jesus himself:

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got mail from him this morning. It said, welcome to another day; all your needs are supplied. There is oxygen in the air, there is sunshine which I know you like, there is even some moisture to keep the vegetation from becoming sad and water for you to wash the sleep from your eyes, to freshen your skin and have a drink......and most of all, just as I promised, I will walk beside you in all your affairs and interactions.
I thought that was a pretty persuasive welcome. :)
Yes sir, it would be for sure.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Tommy for you testimony sir.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This creation points to our Creator as many scriptures declare about God. And Jesus was a real person who lived and was crucified as even secular sources attest to the above facts along with eyewitness reports He rose from the dead. So the fact Jesus is a real Person who lived, died, Resurrected from the dead and the Apostles all died the deaths of a martyr then it stands to reason what they wrote about Him in scripture is true and Jesus teachings are the truth. All things exist in Him, were created by Him and He was before all created things as the Creator. The gospel which saves one from their sins is all about Him and He transformed my life in 1980 and I was forever changed, a new creation in Christ the old had passed and all things became new. I have never looked back and my relationship with Jesus has been ongoing daily since that day He saved me in my bedroom that evening when I became born again and experienced the new birth- regeneration. My relationship with Jesus is just as real as the relationship with my wife. We talk all the time throughout the day. Its not audibly but its in my heart/mind. I talk with Him and He brings scripture to my heart and mind all of the time.

hope this helps !!!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Scripture and the Existence of God
The Bible opens not with a proof of God’s existence, but with a pronouncement of God’s works: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” This foundational assertion of Scripture assumes that the reader not only knows already that God exists, but also has a basic grasp of who this God is. Throughout the Old Testament, belief in a creator God is treated as normal and natural for all human beings, even though the pagan nations have fallen into confusions about the true identity of this God. Psalm 19 vividly expresses a doctrine of natural revelation: the entire created universe ‘declares’ and ‘proclaims’ the glorious works of God. Proverbs tells us that “the fear of the Lord” is the starting point for knowledge and wisdom (Prov. 1:7; 9:10; cf. Psa. 111:10). Denying God’s existence is therefore intellectually and morally perverse (Psa. 14:1; 53:1). Indeed, the dominant concern throughout the Old Testament is not whether God is, but who God is. Is Yahweh the one true God or not (Deut. 4:35; 1Kgs. 18:21, 37, 39; Jer. 10:10)? The worldview that provides the foil for Hebrew monotheism is pagan polytheism rather than secular atheism.

This stance on the existence of God continues into the New Testament, which builds on the foundation of the uncompromising monotheism of the Old. In his epistle to the Romans, the apostle Paul insists that God’s “eternal power and divine nature” are clearly perceived from the created order itself. Objectively speaking, there can be no rational basis for doubt about the existence of a transcendent personal creator, and thus there can be no excuse for unbelief (Rom. 1:20). Endued with a natural knowledge of our creator we owe God our honor and thanks, and our failure to do so serves as the primary basis for the manifestation of God’s wrath and judgment. The apostle’s robust doctrine of natural revelation has raised the question of whether anyone can truly be an atheist. The answer will depend, first, on how “atheist” is defined, and second, on what precisely Paul means when he speaks of people “knowing” God. If the idea is that all men retain some genuine knowledge of God, despite their sinful suppression of natural revelation, it’s hard to maintain that anyone could completely lack any cognitive awareness of God’s existence. But if “atheist” is defined as someone who denies the existence of God or professes not to believe in God, Romans 1 not only allows for the existence of atheists – it effectively predicts it. Atheism might then be understood as a form of culpable self-deception.

Paul’s convictions about natural revelation are put to work in his preaching to Gentile audiences in Lystra and Athens (Acts 14:15–17; 17:22–31). Paul assumes not only that his hearers know certain things about God from the created order but also that they have sinfully suppressed and distorted these revealed truths, turning instead to idolatrous worship of the creation (cf. Rom. 1:22–25). Even so, his appeals to general revelation are never offered in isolation from special revelation: the Old Testament Scriptures, the person of Jesus Christ, and the testimony of Christ’s apostles.

Elsewhere in the New Testament, the question of the existence of God is almost never explicitly raised, but rather serves as a foundational presupposition, an unquestionable background assumption. One exception would be the writer to the Hebrews, who remarks that “whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him” (11:6). In general, the New Testament is concerned less with philosophical questions about the existence of God than with practical questions about how sinners can have a saving relationship with the God whose existence is obvious. As in the Old Testament, the pressing question is never whether God is, but who God is. Is Jesus Christ the revelation of God in human flesh or not? That’s the crux of the issue.

Johann.

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believed in God because of several supernatural experiences.
I believe because of our walk together ^and^even more undeniable experiences?

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bro you gotta tell the whole story! Or please link to where you've told it
Thanks

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as one DOUBTS God's existence, then He will not reveal Himself to that person, UNLESS the person has been chosen for some duty. And then God decides when to literally 'open' that one's spiritual eyes to 'know' He exists, without being able to deny Him.

This is the main hingepoint, BELIEF.

If one thinks God must prove His existence to them before... they will believe, that is not going to happen. God will allow that doubter to keep doubting and riding the fence.

But through BELIEF on Him and His Son Jesus Christ, and studying His Word, not lacking Faith, He will often reveal Himself to you.

I stopped at this store I'd never been in before on the way to work one day. I waited in line to check out, and when it got my turn, this guy at the register looked up at me and started asking me Bible questions out of the blue. There were folks behind me waiting, so I move to side and asked for a piece of paper, and wrote down the Bible chapters where he would find the answers to his questions. Then I went to work.

A couple of days later, I went back to that store, and asked the guy if he knew me, or heard of me, etc. He said he'd never seen me before, and didn't know of me. I told him likewise, I'd never met him before either. Then I asked why did he ask me Bible questions; how could he know if I had even ever read The Bible?

He said that he 'knew' that God sent me. He was struggling in his Bible study with questions, and had prayed about it, so he felt led by The Holy Spirit to ask me.

Now that event was for me and him. He and I cannot deny that happened. Others may doubt, but he and I cannot doubt that it happened that God was involved. That is one proof of God's existence that I've been given (and there's events in my life other than that one too). And what it points to, is that if one has Faith, and disciplines theirself in His Word, then He will use you.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is the main hingepoint, BELIEF.

If one thinks God must prove His existence to them before... they will believe, that is not going to happen. God will allow that doubter to keep doubting and riding the fence.
so if I believed I could jump off a ten storey building and fly, I would fly?