Mark of the Beast?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does scripture say that Israel will make peace with the king of the north...for 3.5 years and then destruction for 3.5 years?

Dear H2S,

Some people observe that in Scripture a "double-statement" has greater significance. But I would go further, -- I'd propose that it's "log scale", like the earthquake "Richter Scale" where each number increment, (from 4.0 to 5.0) is TEN times greater magnitude.

As such, where most people can quote an ENTIRE CHAPTER of Scripture with a few prompts, without even being aware that they can, -- Psalms 23 --, if a person examined Psalms 24 they'd find not just a "double-statement", but a DOUBLE "double-statement", which by my opinion is not just "1", but is 1,000 times more important than any regular Scriptural passage:

7 Lift up your heads, O gates!
and be lifted up, O ancient doors!
that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is the King of glory?
The Lord, strong and mighty,
the Lord, mighty in battle!
9 Lift up your heads, O gates!
and be lifted up, O ancient doors!
that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is this King of glory?
The Lord of hosts,
he is the King of glory!Selah

... and so we find the "going forth of the word to establish and rebuild Jerusalem". And then some seven years later an ANOINTED David Ben Gurion came on the scene as the "Father of Israel"; and "AFTER" another sixty-two years later an ANOINTED Yitzhak Rabin was ASSASSINATED.

So to your question, then the 1993 seventieth LITERAL "WEEK OF YEARS" in which there was a SEVEN YEAR PEACE ACCORD, called the Dayton/Oslo. And now some 30 years later we're waiting for the a/c which "
shall come".

Dan. 9:27 ...and upon the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

And as asserted previously all this occurs in MODERN HISTORY, -- not ancient! :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear H2S, ...

Perhaps I should cite Dr. John Walvoord, now deceased but formerly of Dallas Theological Seminary, who cited in his book "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation" experts including Montgomery, Young (of "Young's Concordance"), and Keil & Kliefoth among others, that Daniel 9 has NO POSSIBLE HISTORICAL FULFILLMENT. The word "weeks" is not the literal "seven" which is attributed, but instead an inconcise use, typical of calling a car/truck/van/motorcycle/bus a "vehicle". Plus the CEV lists the "messiah" not as Jesus, but ANY King or Prophet who's anointed; and Newton observed that presenting the seven and the sixty-two as one number DOES "VIOLENCE" to Scripture.

Of course Walvoord can't resolve the fulfillment because he has insufficient hind-sight and he's been poisoned by the "Classical Interpretation", so he DISCARDED ALL HIS EVIDENCE, and agreed with the "Classical Interpretation".

If you're interested in the TRUTH, open a "Conversation" and I'll send you FACTS regarding that Chapter! :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I should cite Dr. John Walvoord, now deceased but formerly of Dallas Theological Seminary, who cited in his book "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation" experts including Montgomery, Young (of "Young's Concordance"), and Keil & Kliefoth among others, that Daniel 9 has NO POSSIBLE HISTORICAL FULFILLMENT. The word "weeks" is not the literal "seven" which is attributed, but instead an inconcise use, typical of calling a car/truck/van/motorcycle/bus a "vehicle". Plus the CEV lists the "messiah" not as Jesus, but ANY King or Prophet who's anointed; and Newton observed that presenting the seven and the sixty-two as one number DOES "VIOLENCE" to Scripture.

Of course Walvoord can't resolve the fulfillment because he has insufficient hind-sight and he's been poisoned by the "Classical Interpretation", so he DISCARDED ALL HIS EVIDENCE, and agreed with the "Classical Interpretation".

If you're interested in the TRUTH, open a "Conversation" and I'll send you FACTS regarding that Chapter! :)
Bobby Jo
Send it in the one I already have with you

Reactions: Bobby Jo
R

Rita

Dearest Rita,

You did WONDERFUL both for yourself and others as a reminder that we ALL need to hold each other accountable for our words and deeds. And I hope my words sufficiently addressed your concerns! :)

With my VERY BEST REGARDS,
Bobby Jo
I will be reflecting on what you conveyed, but I guess only time will test it all , and in all honestly I hope e you are wrong ( if you know what I mean xx )

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will be reflecting on what you conveyed, but I guess only time will test it all , and in all honestly I hope you are wrong ( if you know what I mean xx )

Yeah, I agree with you, but it seems both Scripture and History have other plans. So I go down a path which I'd rather not take for the welfare and safety of my loved ones. And the thing that bothers me the most is what Scripture places the greatest emphasis on:

Lke 22:36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

It's pretty obvious that everyone will need food and a warm cloak/mantle. But we're told to SELL our mantle and buy a Sword, -- which I have no interest in, and actually abhor. And if we don't do what GOD tells us, then we are most pitied. So I go down the path which Jesus calls for because HE knows what I don't. -- And I hope you too are taking measures to follow the same Purse, Bag, and Sword guidance for your welfare and the welfare of your loved ones!

With Very Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People laugh at the Bible and yet it's coming true right before our eyes.
Revelation 13
7 And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.