Mary, Queen of Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I guess that the liberal pope does not bother you? It's not as if there haven't been corrupt popes before. Why do I never get answers?

Perhaps you would get answers if you asked sensible questions and stopped telling lies about Popes.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you would get answers if you asked sensible questions and stopped telling lies about Popes.
Like the fact that he seems to have said atheists can go to heaven?
Obviously you have no answers.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's biblical. Sin is something we do, no sin is our identity.
Being a homosexual isn't a sin.
ACTING on it is a sin.

It's the same with heterosexuals. It's not a sin to BE a heterosexual.
It IS a sin to fornicate with other heterosexuals,

NOT that difficult to understand, Einstein . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really aren't paying attention so why bother? I didn't say the church changed its position, I said that the Pope seems to be approving of contraceptives.
And yet - you have FAILED to show how.

If the Pope talks about "avoiding" pregnancy - he's NOT talking about contraception, as I already explained to you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet another reason to never want to be Catholic. Apparently, calling other Christians stupid isn't a sin for you, but hey if it is you can just confess it to a man and be fine... So why should any sin matter?
And there you go lying again.
I didn't CALL you "stupid". I said that you SAY stupid things - like you just did . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just happened to run across your post.

In calling other people liars, you are too blind to see that you have three fingers pointing back at you.

(Matthew 7:1-5).
I didn't call anybody a "Liar" - so why lie about it?
I simply exposed their - and YOUR lies.

Ummmmm, and what happened to putting me on "Ignore" a half a dozen times?
Wasn't that just another lie?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a homosexual isn't a sin.
ACTING on it is a sin.

It's the same with heterosexuals. It's not a sin to BE a heterosexual.
It IS a sin to fornicate with other heterosexuals,

NOT that difficult to understand, Einstein . . .
No, being a heterosexual is not called an abomination anywhere in Scripture... So it's not the same. Yes, fornication is a choice, that's the point. One isn't born a fornicator, it's a sinful act some do.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet - you have FAILED to show how.

If the Pope talks about "avoiding" pregnancy - he's NOT talking about contraception, as I already explained to you.
Only that's not clear from what he said, that's just your soft pedal interpretation of it

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, being a heterosexual is not called an abomination anywhere in Scripture... So it's not the same. Yes, fornication is a choice, that's the point. One isn't born a fornicator, it's a sinful act some do.
Is one born a heterosexual - with heterosexual proclivities?
Yes
or No?

Is one born a sinner - with a proclivity toward sin?
Yes or No?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only that's not clear from what he said, that's just your soft pedal interpretation of it
And what would YOU know about clarity?
Your idiotic posts are filled with lies, half-truths and historical revisionism . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't call anybody a "Liar" - so why lie about it?
I simply exposed their - and YOUR lies.

Ummmmm, and what happened to putting me on "Ignore" a half a dozen times?
Wasn't that just another lie?
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (freedom). (2 Corinthians 3:17).

I have been ignoring you for the most part; as a matter of fact I haven't even seen your posts for quite a while now. I will be ignoring you again, very soon.

I think that there is a difference between following the narrow path and being narrow-eyed as an individual. The latter is not an attitude that the Lord desires in us or even likes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, Queen of Heaven
OP ^

post # 1 Catholic Teaching-

There is NO formal dogma that Mary is Queen of Heaven BUT Many Popes have used this title of Mary, including Pope Pius XII who wrote an Encyclical Ad Carlo Regina in which he proclaimed a feast day in honour of Mary as Queen of Heaven.

Dogma- meaning:
the doctrine of "belief in a religion" or a political system.

Ancient Greek;

"something that seems true."
Modern English;

"absolute truth"

Encyclical meaning:
a papal letter "sent to" all bishops "of" the "Roman" Catholic Church

Ad Carlo Regina-
To Charter Queen

Inanutshell shell- The ruling Authority (the Pope) Over ROMAN Catholic Bishops, sent letters Authorizing ROMAN Catholic Bishops TO: celebrate the Popes Established Feast Day, IN Honor TO Mary, Pope Pius XII (and Many Popes after Pius XII) AS, Queen OF Heaven.

* Fact:
The "Great Schism"- year 1054
DIVISION: Two Denominations:
• ROMAN Catholic Church
• EASTERN ORTHODOX Catholic Church

* Fact:
Pope Pius XII Reign as Pope- years 1939-1958
(19 yrs)

Question....?
Why are EASTERN ORTHODOX Catholic Church members Preaching, Advocating, Participating IN a Feast (for Roman Catholic Church) Honoring Mary, AS Queen of Heaven?

Any EASTERN ORTHODOX Catholics able to answer?

Taken

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary, Queen of Heaven
OP ^

Dogma- meaning:
the doctrine of "belief in a religion" or a political system.

Ancient Greek;

"something that seems true."
Modern English;

"absolute truth"

Encyclical meaning:
a papal letter "sent to" all bishops "of" the "Roman" Catholic Church

Ad Carlo Regina-
To Charter Queen

Inanutshell shell- The ruling Authority (the Pope) Over ROMAN Catholic Bishops, sent letters Authorizing ROMAN Catholic Bishops TO: celebrate the Popes Established Feast Day, IN Honor TO Mary, Pope Pius XII (and Many Popes after Pius XII) AS, Queen OF Heaven.

* Fact:
The "Great Schism"- year 1054
DIVISION: Two Denominations:
• ROMAN Catholic Church
• EASTERN ORTHODOX Catholic Church

* Fact:
Pope Pius XII Reign as Pope- years 1939-1958
(19 yrs)

Question....?
Why are EASTERN ORTHODOX Catholic Church members Preaching, Advocating, Participating IN a Feast (for Roman Catholic Church) Honoring Mary, AS Queen of Heaven?

Any EASTERN ORTHODOX Catholics able to answer?

Taken

You have made several errors

1. The title of the Encyclical is Ad Caeli Reginam not Ad Carlo Regina.
You supposedly quoted from the OP but in fact changed what I wrote. That is very dishonest. But then you aren't the first Protestant to make dishonest claims in this thread.

2. The encyclical was not written to all bishops "of" the "Roman" Catholic Church. It was written to:
THE VENERABLE BRETHREN, THE PATRIARCHS, PRIMATES,
ARCHBISHOPS, BISHIOPS, AND OTHER LOCAL ORDINARIES
IN PEACE AND COMMUNION WITH THE HOLY SEE
In other words to all bishops and above of all rites of the Catholic Church

3. Your statement The ruling Authority (the Pope) Over ROMAN Catholic Bishops, sent letters Authorizing ROMAN Catholic Bishops.... is false. The Pope is over all the bishops of the Catholic Church not just those of the Roman Rite.

Note: the Orthodox recognise Mary as Queen of Heaven, though they do not seem to have a special day to celebrate that.
Mary as the Queen of Heaven

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like the fact that he seems to have said atheists can go to heaven?
Obviously you have no answers.

If he actually said "atheists can go to heaven" then it is a fact and you can produce evidence.
If he "seems" to have said it then it is an opinion.

Which is it?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (freedom). (2 Corinthians 3:17).

I have been ignoring you for the most part; as a matter of fact I haven't even seen your posts for quite a while now. I will be ignoring you again, very soon.

I think that there is a difference between following the narrow path and being narrow-eyed as an individual. The latter is not an attitude that the Lord desires in us or even likes.
You can rationalize your obsession with me any way you want - but it's still just an obsession . . .

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what would YOU know about clarity?
Your idiotic posts are filled with lies, half-truths and historical revisionism . . .
Better go confess. That was not the way you are commanded to treat fellow Christians.

"Let your speech be always in grace, having been seasoned with salt, to know how it behooves you to answer each one."