Meh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
How do I meet someone who's invisible & orders thing's from his abode invisibly. It's all just experience driven and interpreting his will by a 2000 year old book. Could a relationship be anymore difficult? Among the voice's in my head, demonic interference and interpreting Gods holy spirit, there's not alot of room for successful communication.

It isn't easy, but denying the flesh makes the spiritual clearer.

I don't know much about hearing voices, I never hear them in my head, only myself. To listen to God outside the standard package of scripture I depend on more subtle means of listening. I also don't think it unreasonable to ask God to use an alternative means of communicating.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It isn't easy, but denying the flesh makes the spiritual clearer.

I don't know much about hearing voices, I never hear them in my head, only myself. To listen to God outside the standard package of scripture I depend on more subtle means of listening. I also don't think it unreasonable to ask God to use an alternative means of communicating.
If the same spirit is communicating with you, then shouldn't you all be 100% exact in your views? Or very very close.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If the same spirit is communicating with you, then shouldn't you all be 100% exact in your views? Or very very close.

Yes, regarding essential matters of the faith. So it must follow that not everyone who claims to have the Spirit actually does. That or they are immature and have yet to be corrected.

The bible also mentions there are disputable matters, these must be of lower importance to God.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if God made trees, shouldn't they all produce the same fruit?

Why not 12 different fruits from one Tree?

"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev 22:2

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if God made trees, shouldn't they all produce the same fruit?

Another good line...I have forgotten your good one yesterday. ( do you remember where it was? darn, I've forgotten ) I need to write them down...you are "on a roll "right now. :D
That would be a good line for our friend Mary M. Who says if any of us were really hearing from God we would all agree totally.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Why not 12 different fruits from one Tree?

"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev 22:2
12 is the magic number.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
the magic really goes unnoticed - the healing is in the leaves and not the fruit or the oil - this also applies to the olive tree - btw I read somewhere that a tree related to the tree of life has recently been found in the Amazon jungle - twinc

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
the magic really goes unnoticed - the healing is in the leaves and not the fruit or the oil - this also applies to the olive tree - btw I read somewhere that a tree related to the tree of life has recently been found in the Amazon jungle - twinc
Yes, and I have the ark of the covenant locked away in my basement.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, we shouldn't in many things. The believer grows in knowledge and in maturity of the Spirit. Each is at a level known by the Spirit of God. Each will make his own mistakes as he continues in growth.

Stranger

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No, we shouldn't in many things. The believer grows in knowledge and in maturity of the Spirit. Each is at a level known by the Spirit of God. Each will make his own mistakes as he continues in growth.

Stranger
So why do Christian's act as if their opinion's on Godly matters is always correct. Right here I'm being told thing's about your God & the Bible, but no one's suggesting that they are incomplete in their knowledge of spiritual things. Most of what I hear are the beliefs of Christian's who aren't thinking about their maturity, or if they are grown enough to answer my questions. It's just people thinking they know all the answers, they are mature enough, grown enough, wise enough.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Project Panda check your inbox, I might send you a book or 2 in the mail, if you would give me a shipping address via pm. I want you to know your life matters to God and I would like to see you experience Christ to the fullness. I want to send you a book with the testimony of Marietta Davis, who had a trance for nine days and saw both heaven and hell, this book takes a very detailed look into what she saw when she was taken to Heaven and Hell, it's so real and this book is a powerful testimony... When ya get into it, the testimony of Marietta Davis really comes alive.

Nine Days In Heaven

"More than 150 years ago, in upstate New York, 25-year-old Marietta Davis had stubbornly resisted the winds of revival that were blowing through her town. That is until seven months later, when she fell into a trance and was shown the beauties of heaven and the horrors of hell. The experience transformed the remainder of the young woman's life and sobered all who heard her story.

Seven months after the vision—at the time and in the manner she had predicted—Marietta died. But before her home-going, she wrote a vivid portrayal of her experience that remained in print one hundred years after her death. Now her story is available for a new generation of readers. The nineteenth-century language of the original edition has been updated for readability, but the detailed depiction of her vision remains untouched.

• Journey with Marietta to the shimmering reaches of paradise, where the redeemed enjoy the beauties of the new creation.
  • Observe children who died on earth as they are taught the mysteries of God in infants' heaven.
  • Grieve at the plight of the lost as they suffer the tortures of hell and the wages of their own sin.
  • Supported by voluminous biblical references and practical observations.
Nine Days in Heaven is more than the fanciful concoction of a young woman's imagination. It is a travel-guide for the life to come, leaving the sinner sobered and the saint awestruck."

Last edited:

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
@Project Panda check your inbox, I might send you a book or 2 in the mail, if you would give me a shipping address via pm. I want you to know your life matters to God and I would like to see you experience Christ to the fullness. I want to send you a book with the testimony of Marietta Davis, who had a trance for nine days and saw both heaven and hell, this book takes a very detailed look into what she saw when she was taken to Heaven and Hell, it's so real and this book is a powerful testimony... When ya get into it, the testimony of Marietta Davis really comes alive.

Nine Days In Heaven

"More than 150 years ago, in upstate New York, 25-year-old Marietta Davis had stubbornly resisted the winds of revival that were blowing through her town. That is until seven months later, when she fell into a trance and was shown the beauties of heaven and the horrors of hell. The experience transformed the remainder of the young woman's life and sobered all who heard her story.

Seven months after the vision—at the time and in the manner she had predicted—Marietta died. But before her home-going, she wrote a vivid portrayal of her experience that remained in print one hundred years after her death. Now her story is available for a new generation of readers. The nineteenth-century language of the original edition has been updated for readability, but the detailed depiction of her vision remains untouched.

• Journey with Marietta to the shimmering reaches of paradise, where the redeemed enjoy the beauties of the new creation.
  • Observe children who died on earth as they are taught the mysteries of God in infants' heaven.
  • Grieve at the plight of the lost as they suffer the tortures of hell and the wages of their own sin.
  • Supported by voluminous biblical references and practical observations.
Nine Days in Heaven is more than the fanciful concoction of a young woman's imagination. It is a travel-guide for the life to come, leaving the sinner sobered and the saint awestruck."
Not to be picky, but this is what I think of Christian book publisher's & their author's.

1 Corinthians 4:6
6Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why do Christian's act as if their opinion's on Godly matters is always correct. Right here I'm being told thing's about your God & the Bible, but no one's suggesting that they are incomplete in their knowledge of spiritual things. Most of what I hear are the beliefs of Christian's who aren't thinking about their maturity, or if they are grown enough to answer my questions. It's just people thinking they know all the answers, they are mature enough, grown enough, wise enough.

We don't always. Depends on the subject and how much we know about it. You are coming from an atheistic belief. We come from our faith in God. Therefore your answers are always incorrect as they are given to prove the non-existence or the injustice of God. Ours will always be correct in that they are coming from our true faith in God and Christ.

If you don't want answers, why are you hear asking questions. You believe you are wise enough to trip up the silly christians. Yet, you can't. Even if you pose some question that no one could answer, big deal. It won't change the faith of the believer in Jesus Christ. It just means we don't have the answer yet.

Why do you trust science when it constantly is changing its findings because it has learned something new? Why do people like you act as if your unbelief in God is always correct?

Stranger

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not to be picky, but this is what I think of Christian book publisher's & their author's.

1 Corinthians 4:6
6Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

Give it a try, this isn't a book of manmade doctrine, but it's a testimony of a God-given vision, God gave this lady a nine day vision, for one purpose, so she could share what she was shown in the vision by Jesus and spread the message, because Jesus cares for people like you, and not just people like you, but everyone, God wouldn't have gone through that trouble if it was all for nothing, it just goes to show when your life ends and if God goes through an effort like that, and not just in that lady's life in that book, but many other lives, including the life of Jesus Himself, it just goes to show He wants to be your great friend, he wants you to have a great friendship with Himself Jesus the Risen King, The Creator, The God who defeated Death at the Cross, the God who wants you to know, no matter what other people think about you, no matter what other people say about you, He Jesus cares for you, the God that wants you to know no matter what you have done in the past, no matter what bitterness others might hold towards you, you are forgiven if you turn to Jesus, He is also the God who knows what pain you have felt in your life, and no matter how bad that pain was, no matter what you face in your life, if you are to turn back to Christ, Romans 8:28 "in all things God works for the good of those who love him" Jesus cares for you so much and He wants you to enter the gates of Heaven one day.

Satan though, he will do anything to try to drag people down the wrong direction to Hell....

I encourage you to study Jesus, to focus on Jesus, Jesus is the answer to your Life, don't worry about all this religious hoo-ha, procedures, structure and systematical stuff of the modern day Church, a lot of it is far off from the early Church, but look to Jesus and what He did for you, then you will live to the fullness in Christ.

B

brakelite

Some thoughtful words from my very favorite author.
. "It is no part of Christ's mission to compel men to receive Him. It is Satan, and men actuated by his spirit, that seek to compel the conscience. Under a pretense of zeal for righteousness, men who are confederate with evil angels bring suffering upon their fellow men, in order to convert them to their ideas of religion; but Christ is ever showing mercy, ever seeking to win by the revealing of His love. He can admit no rival in the soul, nor accept of partial service; but He desires only voluntary service, the willing surrender of the heart under the constraint of love. There can be no more conclusive evidence that we possess the spirit of Satan than the disposition to hurt and destroy those who do not appreciate our work, or who act contrary to our ideas."

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Agreeing with stranger.

We don't need to know everything. Right now it is sufficient to know Jesus. I trust he will provide everything else I truely need.

But you look for excuses to dismiss everything these people tell you. So you see disagreements about any subject as ignorance about all subjects. The honest approach would be to consider their relevance to the subjects at hand. The subjects are your specific questions and concerns.

Reactions: pia

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
We don't always. Depends on the subject and how much we know about it. You are coming from an atheistic belief. We come from our faith in God. Therefore your answers are always incorrect as they are given to prove the non-existence or the injustice of God. Ours will always be correct in that they are coming from our true faith in God and Christ.

If you don't want answers, why are you hear asking questions. You believe you are wise enough to trip up the silly christians. Yet, you can't. Even if you pose some question that no one could answer, big deal. It won't change the faith of the believer in Jesus Christ. It just means we don't have the answer yet.

Why do you trust science when it constantly is changing its findings because it has learned something new? Why do people like you act as if your unbelief in God is always correct?

Stranger

Give it a try, this isn't a book of manmade doctrine, but it's a testimony of a God-given vision, God gave this lady a nine day vision, for one purpose, so she could share what she was shown in the vision by Jesus and spread the message, because Jesus cares for people like you, and not just people like you, but everyone, God wouldn't have gone through that trouble if it was all for nothing, it just goes to show when your life ends and if God goes through an effort like that, and not just in that lady's life in that book, but many other lives, including the life of Jesus Himself, it just goes to show He wants to be your great friend, he wants you to have a great friendship with Himself Jesus the Risen King, The Creator, The God who defeated Death at the Cross, the God who wants you to know, no matter what other people think about you, no matter what other people say about you, He Jesus cares for you, the God that wants you to know no matter what you have done in the past, no matter what bitterness others might hold towards you, you are forgiven if you turn to Jesus, He is also the God who knows what pain you have felt in your life, and no matter how bad that pain was, no matter what you face in your life, if you are to turn back to Christ, Romans 8:28 "in all things God works for the good of those who love him" Jesus cares for you so much and He wants you to enter the gates of Heaven one day.

Satan though, he will do anything to try to drag people down the wrong direction to Hell....

I encourage you to study Jesus, to focus on Jesus, Jesus is the answer to your Life, don't worry about all this religious hoo-ha, procedures, structure and systematical stuff of the modern day Church, a lot of it is far off from the early Church, but look to Jesus and what He did for you, then you will live to the fullness in Christ.

Some thoughtful words from my very favorite author.
. "It is no part of Christ's mission to compel men to receive Him. It is Satan, and men actuated by his spirit, that seek to compel the conscience. Under a pretense of zeal for righteousness, men who are confederate with evil angels bring suffering upon their fellow men, in order to convert them to their ideas of religion; but Christ is ever showing mercy, ever seeking to win by the revealing of His love. He can admit no rival in the soul, nor accept of partial service; but He desires only voluntary service, the willing surrender of the heart under the constraint of love. There can be no more conclusive evidence that we possess the spirit of Satan than the disposition to hurt and destroy those who do not appreciate our work, or who act contrary to our ideas."

Agreeing with stranger.

We don't need to know everything. Right now it is sufficient to know Jesus. I trust he will provide everything else I truely need.

But you look for excuses to dismiss everything these people tell you. So you see disagreements about any subject as ignorance about all subjects. The honest approach would be to consider their relevance to the subjects at hand. The subjects are your specific questions and concerns.

Hmmm? What is magic?
Closing comments:

It's not the darkness that will blind you, but the light.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I hear is "God" is the magic bullet, he'll solve all your woes. But then again I hear "He didn't promise anyone an easy life" Yes, your God sure comes down to whatever whim of experience you're having. But he's

Closing comments:

It's not the darkness that will blind you

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: ..." Prov 29:18

Reactions: pia