Meh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
not just factual information, but a declaration from a reliable higher authority would also suffice you think?
I don't know, the Bible promotes slave ownership, male authority over women, polygamy, stoning people to death, killing children, burning people alive, and lot's of other gruesome stuff that's totally moral for the God of the Bible, but not for us anymore.

B

brakelite

I don't know, the Bible promotes slave ownership, male authority over women, polygamy, stoning people to death, killing children, burning people alive, and lot's of other gruesome stuff that's totally moral for the God of the Bible, but not for us anymore.
You confessed that you have never met God at any time, how is it then that you question His motives and purposes for mankind by only focusing on on the gruesome and the uncomfortable? The God of the old testament is the same God of the new. Jesus came to reveal the character of the Father. He had to do that because like you too many misunderstood who God was and what he was truly like. A superficial reading of the gory bits does not present a full picture of the God of the Bible.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fortunately this is a non-christian forum, so it is an open thread for all peoples, believers and non-believers alike! I was Raised Agnostic, without any knowledge of God, man some of the things my 3 older brothers impressed in my mind!!! NOT GOOD!!! I lived out the worldly lifestyle, drugs, alcohol, what a ride!!! Until I found myself at 2000 ft, in a nose dive to death, it was over, and that is what I wanted! BUT as I was preparing to finalize my want, This Person stepped up and asked if she could Pray for me, you know the quiet type who was afraid to interact with a stranger, but later told me that a voice said to her, pray for this man, or I will not call on you again, Well she prayed for me, and about 3 weeks later I had an encounter with MY SAVIOR, Now Panda said that he had been a Christian for about 14 years, and that what he expected from God rely never came about. I lasted 2 years, and there just seemed to be a lack with the teaching, I could read and understand, but the assembly I was with had about 5 different clicks, you know, the different levels of wealth! Which to me was not what I read! So up until about 19 years ago I was like Panda, wondering what was Truth, then I heard a message that opened my eyes, and the desire to search out everything I had heard was overwhelming, So here I am today, still stubbing my toes, skinning my knees, and wiping the dirt from my face, and always getting back to my feet and
continuing My walk with My Lord! Remember Panda in Your Prayers<> It Only took one for Me .
To God and Savior all Glory, AMN

What a lovely post and testimony...very moving.
Thank you.

Agree ...about prayer.

Reactions: brakelite

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You confessed that you have never met God at any time, how is it then that you question His motives and purposes for mankind by only focusing on on the gruesome and the uncomfortable? The God of the old testament is the same God of the new. Jesus came to reveal the character of the Father. He had to do that because like you too many misunderstood who God was and what he was truly like. A superficial reading of the gory bits does not present a full picture of the God of the Bible.
Would you stay with a partner who you believe loved you to bits but at the same time was killing people & and drinking their blood mixed with wine?

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that someone who hold's a moral standard by belief alone is playing a risky game. Belief doesn't guarantee you an objective standard, because beliefs are subjective & experience based.

That's why so many Christian's hold different moral's & opinions, because it's all a matter of interpreting the Bible in light of personal revelation.
Christian's aren't the only one's who play dice with their moral's, anyone who holds a moral system by belief alone would be effected by the same dilemma.

Say I tell you homosexuality is wrong, is it wrong because you believe it's wrong? Or is it wrong because you know it's wrong? Well if you believe it's wrong, you have no evidence (It's just a personal belief)
If you know it's wrong, you'll be able to prove it's wrong based on factual information.

It would seem that those pesky little goalposts won't stand still. Epistemology is irrelevant to our current discussion.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's nice, so you're not a believer in hell fire?

No I am not.
I believe as the bible says..."Our God is a consuming Fire"...
But we are also taught the God is Love.
So...I believe that the Fire of God's love will remove all that fails the tests of judgment.
The bible ( 1 Cor 13 ) tells us that Love always wins and love judges all things...
So, at the Big Wrap Up at the end ...God Win's because Love wins.

I do NOT believe ( as most here do) that 95% of all of humanity since the beginning of time...are going to some hell to burn for ever and ever.
That is no victory...and if that is the case Jesus died in vain.

But I don't know anyone else on this Site that agrees with me...I am a minority of one.
But that is okay by me. :)

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
It became far too painful to follow Jesus, and my schizophrenia became unmanageable. It's not healthy to return to my belief's, or start talking to something I can't see or hear.

here we have just another voice crying in the wilderness that now is Christianity - originally created as a child of God as Father and Creator and also Saviour that He will not allow to perish - the original 'good news' is that as a child of God we are saved - we neither had/have any say in our Creation or our Salvation imho this is the original good news - btw even the ability to see and hear are a free gift from God - imho - twinc

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No I am not.
So...I believe that the Fire of God's love will remove all that fails the tests of judgment.
The bible ( 1 Cor 13 ) tells us that Love always wins and love judges all things...

I do NOT believe ( as most here do) that 95% of all of humanity since the beginning of time...are going to some hell to burn for ever and ever.

But I don't know anyone else on this Site that agrees with me...I am a minority of one.
So saying that what you said is true, then where do the rest get the idea from that hell is a real place?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
So saying that what you said is true, then where do the rest get the idea from that hell is a real place?

imho - hell is a real place when it is first understood what is real and what and where place is and what and where this real place is and can only possibly be - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

There have been quite a few Threads on hell on the Site, one way or the other.
If you brows through some of them you'll see what they all believe. And the different areas of differences..... :)

Reactions: pia

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There have been quite a few Threads on hell on the Site, one way or the other.
If you brows through some of them you'll see what they all believe. And the different areas of differences..... :)
I don't really want different ideas, but the right idea. In the end it's just opinion, and that's no way to claim what you know as truth. Truth is absolute, it has no opinions.

Reactions: lforrest
B

brakelite

No I am not.

Grace, I wholeheartedly reject eternal torment. I hate that doctrine with passion. Although I don't share your optimism regarding Universal salvation. Yes, God wins in the end. In fact as far as He is concerned, just one soul saved in Christ would justify all he has accomplished for us. But there will only be a remnant saved. The rest, as one acquaintance of mine says, "sizzle fits". He's South African. I think it is colloquial perhaps something to do with barbecues.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brakelite

Would you stay with a partner who you believe loved you to bits but at the same time was killing people & and drinking their blood mixed with wine?
How can you call someone you never met, a partner? Perhaps it you had met him in person, you would discover your perspective changing? Th

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
How can you call someone you never met, a partner? Perhaps it you had met him in person, you would discover your perspective changing? Th
How do I meet someone who's invisible & orders thing's from his abode invisibly. It's all just experience driven and interpreting his will by a 2000 year old book. Could a relationship be anymore difficult? Among the voice's in my head, demonic interference and interpreting Gods holy spirit, there's not alot of room for successful communication.

B

brakelite

. Could a relationship be anymore difficult? .
Yes, easily. Like when one party chooses to ignore the other.
Such is never the case with Jesus. He promises to live inside us... How could that be more easy? In fact, even though Adam knew him face to face, Christians have an advantage in that way they have Christ within. He is therefore with me more than my own wife. And closer. God is not relying solely on the Bible to make himself known and understood by his people. His own Spirit is present. The Bible is indeed an important component, but nature, family, friends, circumstance and Providence all have their roles as well.
KJV John 17
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
The above knowledge is not informational. It's relational. At the risk of offending you, because you never had that relationship( at least according to your own testimony), maybe you were looking in the wrong places and trusting in the wrong things. Your faith may have been misdirected. Or perhaps you did have a relationship, God did make himself known to you, but you didn't like what he was asking of you, so you convinced yourself it wasn't God. Wrong expectations? I'm just fishing here... You asked earlier if all this was your fault. God's promises are trustworthy... Completely. So the only conclusion I can come up with is yes. For some reason perhaps unknown to all of us including yourself, it was your fault. It was not God's.