Minimalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He told the rich young ruler to sell all his possessions and follow Him.
The early church also came together . The rich sold off lands and houses for the sake of the poor .
Its all about looking out for the welfare of others above ourselves . AND not trusting in uncertain riches .
To be given things from the LORD is only meant to share with others . Its not meant to heap up and trust in .
Satan was given perfect beautiful wonderful gifts of the LORD . BUT HIMS trusted in his abilty
forgetting WHO gave him such gifts . This is a mega and major problem today amongst many .
THEY think if i had this or that , IF i had more , or if they already have more they trust in it
and will keep it and not share with the others who lack . TRUSTING IN The gifts and not the GIVER is a huge problem .
BUT GOD has been most merciful . I hear tales of some who had much and yet under threat of having to accept the muslim religoin
THEY FLED and lost all . YET EVEN THOSE said THIS . NOW TAKE HEED TO what they said , cause they learned well .
They once lived in cities and made good money . YET they lacked something . THIS IS their own words , so bear with it .
They saw persecution was coming . THEY KNEW in order to stay in such cities and continue to make money
they would have to deny CHRIST and accept the muslim way . Many chose to abandon Christ
but some refused . THEY TOOK to running and had to leave all behind .
Lets focus on the ones who ran . They ended up in caves and dumpgrounds .
Some living day by day on what was dumped and on hand outs . AND YET they walk miles with joy to hear a good sermon .
THEY said , THOUGH we had much we had nothing and have far more peace and joy now . GOD KNEW exactly
what had to be done . GET their trust off riches and on HIM and now they have far more peace of mind and joy
than they ever had while being well off and lukewarm .
NOW let me tell us a story of a few in china .
Years back , long before even this brother slumbered in the womb , Chinese churches
were were beginning to experience signs that trouble was coming .
Most told their churches , YE have nothing to worry about . YOU will not go under persecutoin . JESUS WILL COME
they taught pre trib . Few told their churches , prepare for persecution . IN this world we will have tribulation
WHO DO YOU THINK prepared their churches and who do you think FELL away .
WELL let me tell their own words . Years later it appears a preacher had repented of his evil . YET EVEN when he tells
this story he chokes up with tears . HE said we FAILED OUR CHURCHES . HE DID TOO . HE KNOWS THIS .
We prepared them for the easy life and the gospel of WHOM GOD Loves HE GIVETH much too .
We taught them they would not have to face tribulation as GOD does not appoint us to wrath .
And then for his most saddest words . HE cant even say this without sobbing .
WHEN THEY came for us , THE PEOPLES SOLD CHRIST OUT and conformed to the world .
HE has much sorrow about this . At least the LORD WOKE him up and led him to repent .
now he preaches agaisnt such things . Those who were prepared
when the govts came in , ITS TRUE THEY SUFFERED death and imprisonment .
BUT THEY STAYED FAITHFUL TO JESUS Knowingthey have a far better substance in heaven .
AND here is a huge thing too .
WHEN CHINA CLOSED its doors , some folks thought it was the end to true christanity
YET when it opened them again , THE CHURCH HAD BEEN THRIVING UNDER the harshest of conditions .
ITS LIKE PAUL said . THE THINGS that have happened unto me have fallen out to the FURTHERANCE OF THE GOSPLE
and they became bold to speak the truth . WE GOTTA LET THIS WORLD GO . LET IT GO , LET IT GO and LET US LEARN JESUS .
CAUSE NOTHING ELSE MATTERS .

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I love the idea of minimalism. A friend of mine lives this way of life and is also into foraging which is so cool. I also have too much stuff as one time I was working for the govt and had a thing for clothes. My friend always reminds me to take them to the op shop/second hand store, so they can be recycled rather then clogging up the town landfill as most clothes do not bio-degrade over time.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My minimalism journey has evolved into embracing slow intentional living and making peace with my decision to be a housewife.

God has told me I have need of simplicity. I didn't agree at first. But He's right as always.

One good thing that has come from all this is the breaking of my shopping addiction. It was mostly cheap thrifted items, but it was a bit much nonetheless.

I never thought I'd have a wardrobe as small based on 40 outfits but I don't miss the clothes I gave away.

Our stuff is still in boxes in a bedroom of our new trailer so it doesn't feel all crisp and clean yet but I'm sure it will.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the idea of minimalism. A friend of mine lives this way of life and is also into foraging which is so cool. I also have too much stuff as one time I was working for the govt and had a thing for clothes. My friend always reminds me to take them to the op shop/second hand store, so they can be recycled rather then clogging up the town landfill as most clothes do not bio-degrade over time.

It feels good to donate clothes. Unless they aren't in good condition. Thats when I would throw them away.

I didn't know most clothes don't bio-degrade over time. But it makes sense with all these synthetic materials we have now. I bet polyester doesn't just biodegrade.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video blew my mind :confused:

Amazing. I remember a famous pastor mentioned that we should only give away things we would use ourselves. I've lived by that ever since.

But its a complicated issue isn't it? The secondhand clothes bring commerce but create a waste problem.

Reactions: Nancy and Angelina

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing. I remember a famous pastor mentioned that we should only give away things we would use ourselves. I've lived by that ever since.

But its a complicated issue isn't it? The secondhand clothes bring commerce but create a waste problem.
Just give with the joy of the glorious Lord . There is no need to over think anything . Just give and let the LORD be praised .

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video blew my mind :confused:

Wow, that's a lot of waste, its also a lot of weight on these women's heads! You won't find a food/clothes pantry around here that the same thing doesn't happen. On a much smaller scale of course. Some people give good clothes, washed, folded or hung, packed by size and also marked for boys, girls, infants, adults. Others seem to clean out their basement with unfolded, dirty clothes with all sorts of garbage toss in there. I'd NEVER donate anything I myself would not use or wear. Kind of reminds me of:

Lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mugs with words on them are officially banned from my home. Its not my thing at all but they just get sent home with me.

• Haha

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny story.
I was trying to go even more minimalist.

I stopped shaving ....lol.

Now mind you I have a buzzcut on my head , cause I hate long hair, yuck. I have had one about 12 yrs, my daughter hates my cut.

Anyway the leg hairs started sticking into my skin and causing itching bc my leggings pressed them. The idea was to decrease purchase of razors. I bought an electric one for cost effectiveness so I'm keeping minimal cost low but hairs are off.

I seldom wear make up at home but all I have is face cream and eyeliner at that. Now I love red and every shade of red and I love my nails polished but I have one bottle of red hot to use on special occasions.

My mail and paperwork are kept to a minimal of immediately needed important. I love to read and my kindle handles that for me.

There are many avenues to clear the clutter. Wish there was also a brain defragger to clear THAT clutter.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny story.
I was trying to go even more minimalist.

I stopped shaving ....lol.

Now mind you I have a buzzcut on my head , cause I hate long hair, yuck. I have had one about 12 yrs, my daughter hates my cut.

Anyway the leg hairs started sticking into my skin and causing itching bc my leggings pressed them. The idea was to decrease purchase of razors. I bought an electric one for cost effectiveness so I'm keeping minimal cost low but hairs are off.

I seldom wear make up at home but all I have is face cream and eyeliner at that. Now I love red and every shade of red and I love my nails polished but I have one bottle of red hot to use on special occasions.

My mail and paperwork are kept to a minimal of immediately needed important. I love to read and my kindle handles that for me.

There are many avenues to clear the clutter. Wish there was also a brain defragger to clear THAT clutter.
I don't know if theres a brain defragger but journaling is the closest thing for me. Once my thoughts are written, I can finally take in the present moment and my surroundings.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if theres a brain defragger but journaling is the closest thing for me. Once my thoughts are written, I can finally take in the present moment and my surroundings.

Lol.
I'm glad you can do that and that it helps you.
I have STARTED sooooo many journals in my lifetime, I should have several books published by now.

My thoughts don't even slow down or stop at sleep until I crash.
Thank you.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since embracing minimalism, Ive learned some important things:

-Its normal to have to declutter more than once. It's an ongoing thing.

- Having room for hobbies that you love is the reward of that decluttering. It's not all about having less and less stuff. It's about being able to enjoy what you have.

-Its okay to let go of gifts.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Wrangler

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since embracing minimalism, Ive learned some important things:

-Its normal to have to declutter more than once. It's an ongoing thing.

- Having room for hobbies that you love is the reward of that decluttering. It's not all about having less and less stuff. It's about being able to enjoy what you have.

-Its okay to let go of gifts.
Lord willing it wont be too long and a new baby will be here .