Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
reading comprehension interesting.

they shall hear my voice - i read and understand this as: they shall hear my voice

they shall hear my voice - you read and understand this as: they shall hear my voice but not really my voice.
Yes, reading comprehension which by this response you show again you don't have much of. What don't you understand about allegory? Are you one of Jesus' sheep? Have you heard his voice?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
oz is a big boy let him speak for himself and stop trying to tag team me.
It's an open Forum and if I want to agree with somebody or reinforce somebody's opinion, that's my prerogative. If you don't like it, leave.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
interesting the bible makes a point to tell us Jesus was in the region of Tyre, a Canaanite city. and the lady He spoke with was a Canaanite. were the Canaanites just any typical nation? are we not told they were cursed. remember the king of tyre? they are the only culture i am aware of that our Lord ordered to be completely annihilated including women, children, even the animals. why would the Lord do that, it shows us IMO the Canaanites were not just another nation. do you really think Jesus thought every non Jew was a dog? Jesus knew good and well who these people were which puts the passage in a new light.
or maybe i am just not seeing . . . .
You're seeing, you're just not understanding. Canaanites lived in Israel, they were part of the nation although they were not Israelites. It's not up to us to try and figure out what Jesus thought it's up to us to read and obey what he said. Because Jesus went to an area of Israel were Canaanites happened to be doesn't mean he went there to minister to Canaanites. You bring up the situation just to argue about but you don't really read the story to know what it says. Read Matthew 15:24 and tell me, do you believe what Jesus said or not?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
historical fact?
the history of the native americans is not true? we dont know our own history? i bet if native americans were white europeans no one would have a problem with it.
Yes, historical fact. Do you know what that means. I wouldn't know what Native Americans know because I don't really know any Native Americans. My brother-in-law is native Canadian if that helps? I can see you have a few more problems than just understanding the Bible. If you have any facts to share then please take them or post a link to them but at this point your opinion lacks any serious credulity.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus did not go to other sheep
It does you just dont want to see it

Mat_15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Open your eyes and stop being so blind.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
Please go back to #223 to see what you actually did write. John 10:16 states, 'He has other Sheep'. That does not state 'He has other sheep to speak to'.

I will leave discussion there as you don't want to admit to what you actually wrote.

Oz
why do you ignore the part where He says "they shall hear my voice"?

why is this such a threat to you?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
Yes, reading comprehension which by this response you show again you don't have much of. What don't you understand about allegory? Are you one of Jesus' sheep? Have you heard his voice?
allegory does not mean take the words of Jesus and make them into what ever you want to hear. i believe very much their are inner teachings but that by no means make the teachings on the surface void or false as you suggest.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
Isn't it OK for Stan to agree with me? This is an open forum.
he wasnt agreeing with you he was speaking for you, using you to take a cheap shot.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
You're seeing, you're just not understanding. Canaanites lived in Israel, they were part of the nation although they were not Israelites. It's not up to us to try and figure out what Jesus thought it's up to us to read and obey what he said. Because Jesus went to an area of Israel were Canaanites happened to be doesn't mean he went there to minister to Canaanites. You bring up the situation just to argue about but you don't really read the story to know what it says. Read Matthew 15:24 and tell me, do you believe what Jesus said or not?
your gonna lecture me on inner meaning and then come right back on another post and tell me dont look for an inner meanings?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
mjrhealth said:
It does you just dont want to see it

Mat_15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Open your eyes and stop being so blind.
and what of Jesus and the centurion.
Jesus and the Canaanite woman. were these Jews?

and what of Jesus saying He had other sheep to go to, they will hear His voice.
should i close my eyes and make believe these passages do not exist?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
Yes, historical fact. Do you know what that means. I wouldn't know what Native Americans know because I don't really know any Native Americans. My brother-in-law is native Canadian if that helps? I can see you have a few more problems than just understanding the Bible. If you have any facts to share then please take them or post a link to them but at this point your opinion lacks any serious credulity.
yes because its complete nonsense to think native americans would know their own history.

i understand the bible fine, i dont cherry pick and black out the passages to fit man made ideasi want to believe.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
why do you ignore the part where He says "they shall hear my voice"?

why is this such a threat to you?
How are you, 2,000 years removed from John 10:16, hearing His voice? Nothing is a threat to me in this verse. Correct exegesis in context is what I pursue.

The meaning of John 10:16 is related to the audience. Jesus, the Jew, spoke:

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” (John 10:1-5 ESV).

Jesus 'calls his own sheep by name and leads them out'. 'Salvation is from the Jews' (John 4:22), so it is natural that Jesus' own Jewish sheep would be the first to be called, i.e. 'his own sheep' and that the 'other sheep' of John 10:16 (ESV) would be from the rest of humanity - the Gentiles.

I suggest you understand John 10:16 in context to arrive at a correct interpretation of the metaphorical language that proliferates in this chapter.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
he wasnt agreeing with you he was speaking for you, using you to take a cheap shot.
At #293, Stan wrote, 'Oz didn't say that either but you keep equivocating about what other people say'. He was spot on. There was no cheap shot from Stan, but an agreement with what I wrote.

Let's get back to the OP. Which books are missing from the Bible?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
Jesus 'calls his own sheep by name and leads them out'. 'Salvation is from the Jews' (John 4:22), so it is natural that Jesus' own Jewish sheep would be the first to be called, i.e. 'his own sheep' and that the 'other sheep' of John 10:16 (ESV) would be from the rest of humanity - the Gentiles.

I suggest you understand John 10:16 in context to arrive at a correct interpretation of the metaphorical language that proliferates in this chapter.

Oz
i believe the Jews are the first to be called, i have never said different. its what Jesus says after that, the other sheep that would hear His voice.
if Jesus went to other sheep it would not change the context. the Jews were still the first to get the message, its not going to reverse that fact, why would it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
they will hear His voice.
And they do even to this day, should I repeat myself the new covenant started at pentecost whe nte hHoly Spirit fell upon all the believers. Jesus, excpet for that short time in hades or hell has always being speaking to man even to this day, its just that people even christians wont listen.

As He says

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

But one cant blame you for your misunderstaing,christianty as a rekligion has done little to send to people to Christ, its always held onto them and wont let them go.

As for books, well there is Enoch.

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
At #293, Stan wrote, 'Oz didn't say that either but you keep equivocating about what other people say'. He was spot on. There was no cheap shot from Stan, but an agreement with what I wrote.

Let's get back to the OP. Which books are missing from the Bible?

he was being rude and insulting. do you really think its proper to gang up on someone. the response was to you and he was jumping in to get one more shot at me.i believe your better than that.

i would be happy to agree to disagree on the lost sheep and get back to the missing books, or truths the way i see it.

kiwimac

Dec 19, 2009
Deepest, Darkest NZ
www.westcotthort.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I take somewhat of a different view regarding Bible versions. I am not a KJV only guy, but it is the only one I normally use. I do use a couple of others when I am doing a topic or word study, but for general reading and meditation etc, I use the KJV. I also only use the KJV for memory texts. It simply seems to lend itself to the memory more so than any other.
As far as other versions are concerned, I do have a healthy distrust of anything that is derived from Westcott or Hort. They were traitors to Protestantism, closet Catholics, and along with a few others, set out successfully to undermine the tradtional text and secretly used manuscripts that supported Catholic dogma. Certain aspects of Christ's divinty are missing from certain versions, and translation problems abound with others. I do believe we are all quite familiar with the details, so will not go into that here. I just am unlike others here and am particular about what I read. Sure, the KJV isn't perfect, there are some problems with a few phrases and words, but by and large, it is a Bible I trust and accept as one that does not distort doctrinal truth.
Westcott and Hort were nothing of the kind.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Westcott and Hort were nothing of the kind.

Kiwimac,

Greetings from across the ditch in Ozland. Why don't you provide us with some theological understanding of Westcott and Hort? Were they theological liberals to be avoided or is their work in textual criticism relating to Greek MSS of a high and balanced standard?

Oz