Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
'I believe' is not evidence. Where is your evidence that Jesus went to these 'other people'? Who were they?
I accept Jesus at His word. are you saying Jesus lied?

OzSpen said:
You didn't reply to what I wrote. You are off and running with your own kind of reply. That makes your reply a red herring fallacy.
i did reply, what specifically are you talking about here???

oz with due respect your ignoring a whole lot and starting to act like a troll. u sound is if Christianity is this perfect system, as if Jesus passed the torch to rome and nothing changed. and im not some kind of anti Christian person like you have suggest, im not happy with the direction our faith is going and it bothers me that with all our problems and history we can call others such as Buddhist evil. it shames me yet you act as if we should be proud of it.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
I learned and am learning from the word of God,
teh bible is just that the bible for as it says,
The word of God and God the word are two different things. What you're talking about is God the Word becoming flesh. The word of God is the Bible.
junobet said:
He cant help it if you wont listen to Him.
How would you know who is listening to God?
junobet said:
What are you afraid of, what men might think of you, the propets of old where put to death for following Gods voice.
Exposing you as a false teacher has nothing to do with fear it has to do with exposing false teachers. The prophets of old were put to death for obvious reasons but those type of prophets no longer exist in the New Covenant which you would know if you actually knew the word of God which you don't. Being able to quote the KJV out of context doesn't mean you know the word of God it just means you've been inculcated into your present mindset by the KJV. I find that interesting seeing as though you purport to have a direct line of communication with God and don't need his written word to know what to do. So if you have a direct line of communication with God then go ahead and tell me something that only God knows about me.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
I accept Jesus at His word. are you saying Jesus lied?

i did reply, what specifically are you talking about here???

oz with due respect your ignoring a whole lot and starting to act like a troll. u sound is if Christianity is this perfect system, as if Jesus passed the torch to rome and nothing changed. and im not some kind of anti Christian person like you have suggest, im not happy with the direction our faith is going and it bothers me that with all our problems and history we can call others such as Buddhist evil. it shames me yet you act as if we should be proud of it.
jaybird,

I'm still waiting for your evidence that Jesus went to 'other people' in England, India, etc.This is where 'I believe' does not provide evidence to establish such a case. 'I believe' is subjective.

Oz

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
jaybird,

I'm still waiting for your evidence that Jesus went to 'other people' in England, India, etc.This is where 'I believe' does not provide evidence to establish such a case. 'I believe' is subjective.

Oz
the only evidence is the words of Jesus saying He went to other sheep and the traditions of other cultures. north america tribes have traditions of a Jesus like figure thant went all over teaching, he traveled with disciples, was not native, taught that many have fell out of harmony with the creator (the creator was one), wore white, did miracles and healed.
a Jesus like man went to the aztecs teaching the same thing but with a much more stern warning, they were told to stop all their wicked ways mostly the animal and human sacrifice (especially the human). they didnt listen, banished him and we know what happened after that.
was it Jesus, i have no idea, i wasnt there. but i think its possible. i also believe they were just as much children of the Almighty Father as anyone else.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
the only evidence is the words of Jesus saying He went to other sheep and the traditions of other cultures. north america tribes have traditions of a Jesus like figure thant went all over teaching, he traveled with disciples, was not native, taught that many have fell out of harmony with the creator (the creator was one), wore white, did miracles and healed.
a Jesus like man went to the aztecs teaching the same thing but with a much more stern warning, they were told to stop all their wicked ways mostly the animal and human sacrifice (especially the human). they didnt listen, banished him and we know what happened after that.
was it Jesus, i have no idea, i wasnt there. but i think its possible. i also believe they were just as much children of the Almighty Father as anyone else.
That's a Mormon fairytale... The other sheep Jesus was referring to were Gentiles. It's really that simple.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
That's a Mormon fairytale... The other sheep Jesus was referring to were Gentiles. It's really that simple.
gentiles? what do you think native americans were ? Jewish?
the aztec accounts were documented by explorers long before Mormons existed.
my family is native so im going by the native traditions that were told for generations before Europeans ever got here.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
gentiles? what do you think native americans were ? Jewish?
the aztec accounts were documented by explorers long before Mormons existed.
my family is native so im going by the native traditions that were told for generations before Europeans ever got here.
Thanks tips.
The point is Jesus told them to spread the news starting in Jerusalem, spreading outwards from there. At that time Jesus came only to minister to the lost sheep of Israel but when you made this statement of Matthew it was to indicate that the message was for the whole world. He didn't decide to take a ship to North America and preach to whoever happened to be living there at the time. If you want to know how Christianity arrived in North America, then read the following article in the Smithsonian.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/americas-true-history-of-religious-tolerance-61312684/

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
Please give me the evidence from the NT where Jesus stated this.
John 10:16
Other sheep I have also, which are not of this fold: them also must I bring, and they shall hear my voice: and (B)there shall be [j]one sheepfold, and one shepherd.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
John 10:16
Other sheep I have also, which are not of this fold: them also must I bring, and they shall hear my voice: and (B)there shall be [j]one sheepfold, and one shepherd.
In #223 you stated: 'there are lots of these stories out there such as Jesus in the UK, India, north america and central america'. That is not what John 10:16 teaches.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
davidnelson said:
Jesus ascended into heaven and He will return during His second coming. End of Story.
Jesus own words say different.
you also have paul of tarsus and john of patmos. if it wasnt Jesus who did they see? are they false teachers??

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
In #223 you stated: 'there are lots of these stories out there such as Jesus in the UK, India, north america and central america'. That is not what John 10:16 teaches.
where i came from when someone says there are other people to speak to it means other people to speak to. what else could the passage means?

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People say Jesus was one of the ways to go to heaven. But nothing can be further from the truth. On the contrary. As well as a great teacher. But what people do not get as they can be confused. As Jesus IS the one and only way to heaven and to God. And eternity. You must enter the narrow and one way to heaven, which is God through accepting Christ as Savior and Lord. He is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Savior and Christ. All so called "gods" do not exist. God is alive through Jesus!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
where i came from when someone says there are other people to speak to it means other people to speak to. what else could the passage means?
Jesus was addressing Jews. The 'other sheep that are not of this fold' in John 10:16 (ESV) are Gentiles. It is NOT a specific reference to Jesus going to Britain, India or the Americas. There is absolutely ZERO in the context to support your view.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jaybird,

Jesus who two folds, one was teh Jews whom He came to preach to, they where the first fold, teh other was teh gentiles, sometimes termed teh greeks, but that was whom the disciples where sent our to, after Peters encounter with teh vision of the sheet with teh unclean animals.Has nothing to do with where Jesus actually went. The gentiles, us where unclean,

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

It isnt that hard,

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
Jesus was addressing Jews. The 'other sheep that are not of this fold' in John 10:16 (ESV) are Gentiles. It is NOT a specific reference to Jesus going to Britain, India or the Americas. There is absolutely ZERO in the context to support your view.
you and stan both said Jesus was talking about gentiles. gentile is every other nation on the planet other than the Jews. which could be britons, indians, or natives.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Jaybird,

Jesus who two folds, one was teh Jews whom He came to preach to, they where the first fold, teh other was teh gentiles, sometimes termed teh greeks, but that was whom the disciples where sent our to, after Peters encounter with teh vision of the sheet with teh unclean animals.Has nothing to do with where Jesus actually went. The gentiles, us where unclean,

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

It isnt that hard,
so when Jesus says He has other Sheep to speak to, it means He did not speak to other sheep?

makes no sense to me but ok

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
you and stan both said Jesus was talking about gentiles. gentile is every other nation on the planet other than the Jews. which could be britons, indians, or natives.
Yes that's right, and just like a ripple in the water, it started in Jerusalem and spread out. He didn't all of a sudden jaunt over to North America.