Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Back then, or now? Back then, via word of mouth and caravans. Today, via the internet. You discovered them, ask yourself how you came to know them. There's your answer. You question is too vague, but I hope I have answered it (my question is, why could you not figure it out for yourself?).
so who was the guy that traveled to trinity college back in the 1600s and told Newton about gravity?

It's looking at (detecting) the changes from light to darkness as the sun sets, so as to release melatonin, which causes humans to become tired/sleepy at bedtime. You must know this information - it is common knowledge.

as a gland thats what it does with the melatonin, any gland can do that yet this gland acts in different ways that modern science cant explain. the egyptians seemed to know, they also built the pyramids which again, leaves modern science scratching their heads.

Not many. Walking on water does not seem like a coincidence. Nor does healing a leper or a blind man. A professor recently was fired for saying an Asian word that sounded like the N-word. It is a coincidence that the two words sound the same (both words have very different meanings). If someone "wore a tie", that does not mean that the tie was worn down by his wearing it. It is merely a coincidence that the two words sound the same. Many superstitious people fail to see coincidences because they do not understand statistical probabilities. Just because there are many coincidences around the name "Kennedy", does not mean that these incidences have a meaningful relationship with each other.

I'm not certain the twelve knew Jesus very well and Paul did not know Jesus at all during Jesus' lifetime. Jesus repeatedly made reference to his disciples not understanding the reason for His coming.

i personally think the 12 knew more than we do today. they were there, we were not. i would rather be taught the way they were taught.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Hinduism is full of darkness. Try living your whole life as an “untouchable,” never having a chance to succeed in life. Then you can offer praise for Hinduism and its false beliefs. But you have NO idea what the lowest caste members in a Hindu society go through in terms of experience, do you?

Edit: The following article offers a good synopsis of Hinduism and was written by a former Hindi.

What is Hinduism and what do Hindus believe? | GotQuestions.org

thats working out karma, does our own bible not talk about judgment and being held accountable.

I’m very concerned about you, jaybird. You started this thread several years ago insinuating that the Bible is messed up (missing things) and posted it in the Christian Theology forum. Now, you’re praising the false beliefs of Hinduism. At this point, I question your motives for posting such things on a Christian Forum.

i never said the bible was messed up, i said there are things out there and i wanted to know why the bible does not address them. its called asking a question.
500 years back people were burned alive for asking questions, should we go back to that?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats working out karma, does our own bible not talk about judgment and being held accountable.

i never said the bible was messed up, i said there are things out there and i wanted to know why the bible does not address them. its called asking a question.
500 years back people were burned alive for asking questions, should we go back to that?
You implied that the Bible is messed up by saying that it is missing something. If your car engine was missing something, wouldn’t you consider it to be messed up?

And are you not promoting the false religion of Hinduism on a Christian forum by saying negative things about what you perceive as Christianity and positive things about Hinduism?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biblical concept of God's judgment and the Hindu idea of karma are completely different.

Karma is a theological concept found in the Buddhist and Hindu religions. It is the idea that how you live your life will determine the quality of life you will have after reincarnation. If you are unselfish, kind, and holy during this lifetime, you will be rewarded by being reincarnated (reborn into a new earthly body) into a pleasant life. However, if you live a life of selfishness and evil, you will be reincarnated into a less-than-pleasant lifestyle. In other words, you reap in the next life what you sow in this one. Karma is based on the theological belief in reincarnation. The Bible rejects the idea of reincarnation; therefore, it does not support the idea of karma.

Hebrews 9:27 states, “Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment…” This Bible verse makes clear two important points which, for Christians, negate the possibility of reincarnation and karma. First, it states that we are “destined to die once,” meaning that humans are only born once and only die once. There is no endless cycle of life and death and rebirth, an idea inherent in the reincarnation theory. Second, it states that after death we face judgment, meaning that there is no second chance, like there is in reincarnation and karma, to live a better life. You get one shot at life and living it according to God’s plan, and that is it.

The Bible talks a lot about reaping and sowing. Job 4:8 says, “As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it.” Psalm 126:5 says, “Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.” Luke 12:24 says, “Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!” In each of these instances, as well as all the other references to reaping and sowing, the act of receiving the rewards of your actions takes place in this life, not in some future life. It is a present-day activity, and the references make it clear that the fruit you reap will be commensurate with the actions you have performed. In addition, the sowing you perform in this life will affect your reward or punishment in the afterlife.

This afterlife is not a rebirth or a reincarnation into another body here on earth. It is either eternal suffering in hell (Matthew 25:46) or eternal life in heaven with Jesus, who died so that we might live eternally with Him. This should be the focus of our life on earth. The apostle Paul wrote in Galatians 6:8-9, “The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

Finally, we must always remember that it was Jesus whose death on the cross resulted in the reaping of eternal life for us, and that it is faith in Jesus that gives us this eternal life. Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” Therefore, we see that the concept of reincarnation and karma is incompatible with what the Bible teaches about life, death, and the sowing and reaping of eternal life.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
You implied that the Bible is messed up by saying that it is missing something. If your car engine was missing something, wouldn’t you consider it to be messed up?

And are you not promoting the false religion of Hinduism on a Christian forum?

if your motor was missing a blower it does not mean the motor is messed up.

i dont think religions are false just becasue the people were born outside Christianity. did the Lord not make those people or do you thnk the Lord only made Christians?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
if your motor was missing a blower it does not mean the motor is messed up.

i dont think religions are false just becasue the people were born outside Christianity. did the Lord not make those people or do you thnk the Lord only made Christians?

The biblical concept of God's judgment and the Hindu idea of karma are completely different.

the end results are the same

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religions that are based on beliefs and ideas that are not true are false religions.

Hinduism, which isn't at all like Christianity, is based on the false idea of pantheism, which says that all that exists is God. So...Hinduism teaches people to worship the creation rather than the one true God who is the Creator. Consider what Paul said about worshipping God's creation.

Romans 1:18-25--For God’s wrath is revealed from heaven against all godlessness and unrighteousness of people who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth, since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse. For though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles.
Therefore God delivered them over in the cravings of their hearts to sexual impurity, so that their bodies were degraded among themselves. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served something created instead of the Creator, who is praised forever. Amen.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the end results are the same
Actually, the end results are not the same AT ALL!

Those who refuse God's provision for their sin and do not seek His forgiveness on HIS terms (the terms of the gospel), will stand before a personal and Almighty God on Judgment Day and answer to Him, and only Him, for all of their sins!

Hinduism is pantheistic. This ideology does NOT include the belief in a personal Almighty God who will judge all people.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some were unknown because of the slowness by which information traveled. Zoroaster's religion was probably well known because it originated in Iran/Persia, which is in closer proximity to Israel. But, India was a difficult place to travel to. Some information probably did pass, but not everyone in the middle east would have been privy to such information about Buddhism and Hinduism.

Almost, certainly a coincidence.

This is a very good question. I have asked this same question myself on this forum. My take is that modern Christians have faith the is even tinier than a mustard seed. Many Christians believe they have great faith or even strong faith - I believe most of them are in error to think such things about themselves or other Christians, merely because of the point you question addresses. Today, miracles are small in the Christian community (not that small miracles are something to sneeze at, the fact that I can walk on two legs today is a small miracle). Blessed be to our Lord for the multitude of small miracles that we experience every day. Nevertheless, the only big miracles are performed by charlatans on TV (which are not really miracles at all).

I also believe one of the reasons we lack faith today is because we have failed to elaborate our understanding of the Holy Spirit. Scriptures like: "Christ in you, the hope of glory" and "The kingdom of God is within you", have been left unexplained over the history of Christianity. There is a God that dwells within our body, He sits on a throne near our heart, he causes a light to shine from that center that is depicted as an aura or halo in Christian paintings, and there is a "power that has gone out of me". There is something modern Christians have failed to educate themselves about that has to do with the Holy Spirit and statements such as "Ye are all gods, all of you." This may be why there are no big miracles today.
We change but God doesn't. My sister had a roommate years ago that attended a weekly Thursday night healing course. She had been in a wheelchair for years.
On the last night of the seminar, God healed her from her wheelchair. She was so excited and the next Sunday she told her church what God had done. Shocked that she was walking around, they said, "God doesn't heal anymore. You've been lying to us all these years." And they kicked her out of their church. Such a lack of faith and deception.
When God does do something, there's a mad rush to get there, package it, and offer it on T.V. for an offering (this is what I call a lie). Aren't we supposed to be the people of truth? If we can't respect the truth, how can the Truth trust us with His power?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We change but God doesn't. My sister had a roommate years ago that attended a weekly Thursday night healing course. She had been in a wheelchair for years.
On the last night of the seminar, God healed her from her wheelchair. She was so excited and the next Sunday she told her church what God had done. Shocked that she was walking around, they said, "God doesn't heal anymore. You've been lying to us all these years." And they kicked her out of their church. Such a lack of faith and deception.
When God does do something, there's a mad rush to get there, package it, and offer it on T.V. for an offering (this is what I call a lie). Aren't we supposed to be the people of truth? If we can't respect the truth, how can the Truth trust us with His power?
Wow! Sounds like your sister's roommate was blessed by being "kicked out"! This is so sad!

I would just add that because people who call themselves Christians behave badly, this doesn't negate the truths of Christianity. Of course, Jesus would have never acted this way. He would have been the One laying His hands on this person and healing her! But it may well be that He wouldn't have been welcome in that "church."

Reactions: Truman

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Religions that are based on beliefs and ideas that are not true are false religions.

Hinduism, which isn't at all like Christianity, is based on the false idea of pantheism, which says that all that exists is God. So...Hinduism teaches people to worship the creation rather than the one true God who is the Creator. Consider what Paul said about worshipping God's creation.

They are actually a lot alike

both are monotheistic.

Power of faith

the Almighty is within us all

baptism, they believe its a purification process that should be performed throughout your life. Not so much like modern Christianity, but so much like original Christianity.

Jesus and Krishna have their own long list of similarities.

Hindus even have a Abraham and Sarah

I wouldnt get my info from gotquestions I am pretty sure they have never opened a bible. Their only concerns is directing people to manmade doctrines and away from the spirit.

Romans 1:18-25--For God’s wrath is revealed from heaven against all godlessness and unrighteousness of people who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth, since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse. For though they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or show gratitude. Instead, their thinking became nonsense, and their senseless minds were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles.
Therefore God delivered them over in the cravings of their hearts to sexual impurity, so that their bodies were degraded among themselves. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served something created instead of the Creator, who is praised forever. Amen.

right on! and the Caanites, Aztecs and luciferians IMO will be judged accordingly.

luckly Hindus practice Truth, kindliness, purity, control of mind and senses, compassion, forgiveness, charity and devotion to the Supreme Lord, and many other virtues. and the great thing about Hindus, they do more than just talk about them, they actually go out and do it. kinda like a "doer of the law" where have i heard that one before?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

it was a blessing when she was shown what kind of people that church consisted of. some people would much rather spend their lives in the cave than be shown the way out.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are actually a lot alike

both are monotheistic.

I see that you didn't read the articles written by a former Hindi. You really should educate yourself with the truth! Again, Christianity and Hinduism are extremely different. Only Jesus Christ saves your soul! Hinduism does NOT recognize Jesus as the Savior!

luckly Hindus practice Truth, kindliness, purity, control of mind and senses, compassion, forgiveness, charity and devotion to the Supreme Lord, and many other virtues. and the great thing about Hindus, they do more than just talk about them, they actually go out and do it. kinda like a "doer of the law" where have i heard that one before?

Sadly, Hindus are lost without Jesus Christ as their Savior. They believe what's false and worship the creation rather than the Creator.

Romans 1:25--They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served something created instead of the Creator, who is praised forever.

I hope that you will stop spreading false ideas (esp. in the Christian Theology forum) that contradict the words of Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul because we will all answer to God for everything we say.

Last edited:

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

just so folks know, i do not agree with the untouchability idea. Gandhi, the most famous hindu ever spent most his life teaching against it.
but i do like the fact that the hindus have tacked the problem of why bad things happen to good people.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldnt get my info from gotquestions I am pretty sure they have never opened a bible. Their only concerns is directing people to manmade doctrines and away from the spirit.
You couldn't be more wrong!

I told you that the 2 articles were written by a former Hindu. If you had looked at the articles, you would have seen that they were written by Ravi Zacharias, who was an incredible Bible teacher!

Reactions: Pearl

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I see that you didn't read the articles written by a former Hindi. You really should educate yourself with the truth! Again, Christianity and Hinduism are extremely different. Only Jesus Christ saves your soul! Hinduism does NOT recognize Jesus as the Savior!

i have educated myself just as i posted all the similarities, the ones you ignored.

Sadly, Hindus are lost without Jesus Christ as their Savior. They believe what's false and worship the creation rather than the Creator.

they dont reject Jesus

I hope that you will stop spreading false ideas that contradict the words of Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul because we will all answer to God for everything we say.

i have said nothing that contradicts Jesus.

kindliness, purity, control of mind and senses, compassion, forgiveness, charity and devotion to the Supreme Lord

these virtues actually follow the teachings of Jesus

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
You couldn't be more wrong!

I told you that the 2 articles were written by a former Hindu. If you had looked at the articles, you would have seen that they were written by Ravi Zacharias, who was an incredible Bible teacher!

umm no, those guys will never in a million years disagree with a mainstream doctrine, they believe in manmade doctrine first, Jesus second.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
umm no, those guys will never in a million years disagree with a mainstream doctrine, they believe in manmade doctrine first, Jesus second.
If you knew an ounce of what Ravi Zacharias knew, you wouldn't be saying such a silly thing.

Zacharias grew up in India as a Hindu. His family moved to the U.S., and he became a Christian. He KNOWS what he's talking about!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
If you knew an ounce of what Ravi Zacharias knew, you wouldn't be saying such a silly thing.

Zacharias grew up in India as a Hindu. His family moved to the U.S., and he became a Christian. He KNOWS what he's talking about!

as long as his thoughts line up with what the group tells him to think. he is not permitted to go outside of that teeny tiny circle.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they dont reject Jesus
Are you saying that Hindus recognize Jesus as their Savior?

Again, Hinduism is based on PANTHEISM--the believe that all that exists is God. They don't believe in a personal God or Savior. They don't believe Jesus is God in the flesh and came to die for their sins.........

This is from one of the articles (I posted a link to) by Ravi Zacharias.

Although this is just a brief synopsis, it is readily seen that Hinduism is in opposition to biblical Christianity on almost every count of its belief system. Christianity has one God who is both personal and knowable (Deuteronomy 6:5; 1 Corinthians 8:6); has one set of Scriptures; teaches that God created the earth and all who live upon it (Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 11:3); believes that man is created in God’s image and lives only once (Genesis 1:27; Hebrews 9:27-28); and teaches that salvation is through Jesus Christ alone (John 3:16; 6:44; 14:6; Acts 4:12). Hinduism as a religious system fails because it fails to recognize Jesus as the uniquely incarnated God-Man and Savior, the one solely sufficient source of salvation for humanity.

Last edited: