Modern Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was telling Marks, it can be a dangerous proposition to begin assuming and condemning without accurate guidance from the Holy Spirit
SO . . . who exactly is assuming or condemning anything or any one?

But if your prophets have no fulfilled prophecy, how do you know they are prophets? You just know, right? Because they agree with each other. Because they tell you things you think already. Are these accurate ways to know God's prophets?

Because God told us how we should test them. "If the prophet whose prophecy does not come to pass . . ."

Not so glamourous though.

You like Rick Joyner, right? Has he prophesied something that has happened?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think with precision and wisdom. Not clichés, nor predictable or repetitive expressions like; 'God will bless the nation', God's wrath is about to be revealed', 'The time has come for God to take charge', 'the moment of truth is at hand', ...

As Samuel did when he spoke to Heli of the death of his sons. As the man of god did in regard to the altar at Bethel. As Elijah predicted the drought and Ahab & Jezebel's death with precision. Like the OT prophets who predicted the specific and imminent destruction of Israel's united Monarchy, and subsequent captivities. As they did when they spoke of the fate of certain kings. As Agabus did during the time of Paul's missionary journeys, as Jesus did in regard to the detailed destruction of the temple, and the scattering of his disciples.

I would expect that if a prophecy is from God it would resemble this type of both detailed, accurate and applicable warnings, that reveal God's sovereignty and His wisdom, and His desire to warn people with prophecies that they can understand and act upon.
This is the sort of thing I'm looking for. Prophecy that is detailed in the way Biblical prophecy is, and that is fulfilled with the same detail.

I don't like that this is turned to a discussion on the validity of prophets today, I'm more interested in the content of modern prophecy, if it has been fulfilled.

Much love!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it seems like I'm the one getting the ridicule.

Hello @marks,

If the Scriptures are the sum total of God's revelation, and you believe that to be true. Then why are you even contemplating hearing the words of those who profess to have further prophecy?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @marks,

If the Scriptures are the sum total of God's revelation, and you believe that to be true. Then why are you even contemplating hearing the words of those who profess to have further prophecy?

In Christ Jesus
Chris
When you say, sum total of God's revelation, I'm not sure what you mean. Creation reveals the power and purpose of God.

That aside, not all prophecies that were given in ancient times were recorded in the Bible.

But I'm not sure where you've gotten the idea that I think prophecies have ceased. I don't think that to be the case. But I don't think that modern prophecy is actually meant to be like the OT prophets, although it seems to me that many modern prophets stylize themselves to be more dramatic.

I believe we are to let the prophets speak, and to discern what they say.

Much love!

Reactions: Rita

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should anyone be celebrated? We celebrate Jesus....your sarcasm is duly noted as one who doesn't believe but it isn't me or others who do that is offended, it's the Holy Spirit who grieves.
I truly celebrate the Prophets ministry(no sarcasm).

I know some that are gifted Prophets, and others with other gifts I celebrate.

I think you think I am emulating them, not at all, but by using the word "celebrate", I am honoring their call of God only.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @marks,

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Obviously I'm not Marks, but I am a person whom does believe in modern prophets/revelation.

Heavenly Father loves us and He/His love does not change. He spoke & lead His people in ancient times, and I believe that remains unchanged. Just because He's spoken once doesn't mean He doesn't speak again -- never does He go mute. I celebrate all of His words given in the past, today, and in the future.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I truly celebrate the Prophets ministry(no sarcasm).

I know some that are gifted Prophets, and others with other gifts I celebrate.

I think you think I am emulating them, not at all, but by using the word "celebrate", I am honoring their call of God only.
My apologies...I did indeed misunderstand.

Reactions: Truther

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all I could find that has a printable pdf you can download...it isn't from Kim Clements ministry but this person did quote verbatim things he said.
Will Trump Be a Two-Term President? Hear the Prophesy Made Before He Ever Entered the Race | The Stream
I've been watching some youtube of Kim Clement. Very interesting stuff!

One thing I noticed was that he said this "David" chosen by God, presumably President Trump, that he would be a man who does not speak much, and that they will say he needs to speak more. Does that sound like Donald Trump?

At the 4:40 point:

But there's a lot that seems to match.

I've downloaded some I'll watch with my wife tonight.

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One thing I noticed was that he said this "David" chosen by God, presumably President Trump, that he would be a man who does not speak much, and that they will say he needs to speak more. Does that sound like Donald Trump?

Much love!
The thing I found interesting about him, is how he appealed to Americans narrow mindedness.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a lengthier version:

I'll check this out.

Turns out this video leads into Mark Taylor. I've heard of him. I'll need to investigate.

Reactions: Stan B

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I don't think I watched that one
..wait til you watch the one about Kim Jong Yung...or whatever his name is....

Reactions: marks