Most Prophecy Teachers Clearly Reject God's Word!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, according to you, either the book of Matthew or the book of Acts were not written by spiritual discernment, because they tell two completely different stories when it comes to the death of Judas.

According to Matthew, Judas returned the money to the chief priests, who then used the money to purchase the "Field of Blood". Matthew also says that Judas hanged himself and that the reason the field is called "Field of Blood" is because it's used as a burial place for foreigners.

Matthew 27:5-8
5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, “It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money.” 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter’s field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day.

That's not what Paul said. According to Paul Judas never returned the money but instead bought a field with it where he died by falling, not by hanging. He also says this is the reason it's called "Field of Blood".

Acts 1:18-19
18 (With the payment he received for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. 19 Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

They can't both be true.

Paul's account as stated is according to what "Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this." In other words it's simply according to rumor.

All that this means or is evidence of is that God has used or allowed hear say (or as Jesus put it "It is as you say"), to be a part of scripture as an accurate record of things manifest according to the hearts of men. This is the man of sin revealed.

Reactions: Freedm

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I've heard those words, but GISMYS_7 implied that the Bible is "God's eternal living word". He didn't say anything about Jesus. Jesus' words and the Bible are two very different things. Jesus is eternal, he is living and he is the word of God. The Bible is none of those things.

Both are correct statements.

That is, the Bible is a compilation of what was inspired and allowed by God according to His purpose and of His providence rather than man's. The fact that the Bible includes error simply shows the accurate path by which all things have come about...which is not to say that God errored, but that man has errored. Even so, men have not fashioned the word of God according to their own providence, as it is the providence of God alone, manifesting both the good and the evil of mankind.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I have been there and I know I'm going back there to live someday. Could be quite soon.
Prophesies like Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:7, show that God's people are present in the holy Land during the end times.

Oh :( before you move-- I hope you will come to understand that the "promised land" was only the object of foreshadowing and not the subject of its fulfillment.

If it were not so...perhaps you also should eat lamb and drink its blood at every meal. But I am only being facetious because you have believed something likewise.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no other Book in the world whereby the words written in it can lead you to SALVATION unto Eternal Life = other then the Bible.
o.k. but that does not prove your point that the Bible is "the word of God". It just proves that the teachings of the Bible can lead you to God.
I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I'm just trying to make the point that, as Christians we tend to hold onto this notion, that is not actually true, and then when atheists point out to us that there are contradictions in the Bible, and we vehemently deny it, it just makes us look foolish. The fact is, we don't need the words of the Bible to have been written by the hand of God himself, in order for our faith to be true, because the Bible is not the foundation of our faith. God is.

If you Google or Bing "who wrote the book of Acts" it will tell you that Luke wrote it, and we all believe that, don't we? So why then do we also claim that God himself wrote it? It makes no sense.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not now, but it will be, or else you will be part of the One World Govt.

the Lord will guide and help His people to go there, Isaiah 30:21, Isaiah 49:9-13, Psalms 68:7-10, Jeremiah 31:8-9, +
So, you're saying that, at some point in the future, if I don't move to Israel, I will cease to be a Christian?

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Both are correct statements.

That is, the Bible is a compilation of what was inspired and allowed by God according to His purpose and of His providence rather than man's. The fact that the Bible includes error simply shows the accurate path by which all things have come about...which is not to say that God errored, but that man has errored. Even so, men have not fashioned the word of God according to their own providence, as it is the providence of God alone, manifesting both the good and the evil of mankind.
I think it's clear that the men who wrote the Bible were inspired by and motivated by the truths that they knew. Some of these men received prophetic messages from God. One of them even saw the face of God the father, and one witnessed the miracles and teachings of Jesus. Others wrote down the stories they were taught from their teachers over the course of many years. These are undoubtedly the most significant written words in the history of mankind, but they were written by men, and so there are most certainly inaccuracies. And that's o.k.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul's account as stated is according to what "Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this." In other words it's simply according to rumor.

All that this means or is evidence of is that God has used or allowed hear say (or as Jesus put it "It is as you say"), to be a part of scripture as an accurate record of things manifest according to the hearts of men. This is the man of sin revealed.
Exactly my point. Much of the Bible was written down as second hand knowledge. This is why we must not perpetuate the notion that the Bible is "the inerrant word of God". It is not. And knowing this, we can't be super dogmatic about every single word in every single verse.

Also, knowing this, it's easy to see how there can be apparent contradictions and how two people can understand things completely differently, reading the same Bible. We all do the best we can, but it really helps to have a clear understanding of what the Bible is, and what it is not. So let's cut each other some slack.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's clear that the men who wrote the Bible were inspired by and motivated by the truths that they knew. Some of these men received prophetic messages from God. One of them even saw the face of God the father, and one witnessed the miracles and teachings of Jesus. Others wrote down the stories they were taught from their teachers over the course of many years. These are undoubtedly the most significant written words in the history of mankind, but they were written by men, and so there are most certainly inaccuracies. And that's o.k.

Just don't think to imagine that even one jot or tittle was and is not intentionally and exactly according to the guiding hand of God under His providence and for purpose. As it is written: "A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps."

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I hope you will come to understand that the "promised land" was only the object of foreshadowing and not the subject of its fulfillment.
The holy Land is a physical place and where God keeps watch over. Deuteronomy 11:11-12
It is overrun by Satan worshippers, [Allah] and Jesus rejectors. Soon they will all be gone: Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14
So, you're saying that, at some point in the future, if I don't move to Israel, I will cease to be a Christian?
Yes, it means you would be one of those who will have fallen away from the faith. 2 Thess 2:3
Many will do this on the Day the Lord strikes the world with His fiery wrath and their pretentious and unscriptural belief of being whisked off to heaven does not happen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly my point. Much of the Bible was written down as second hand knowledge. This is why we must not perpetuate the notion that the Bible is "the inerrant word of God". It is not. And knowing this, we can't be super dogmatic about every single word in every single verse.

Also, knowing this, it's easy to see how there can be apparent contradictions and how two people can understand things completely differently, reading the same Bible. We all do the best we can, but it really helps to have a clear understanding of what the Bible is, and what it is not. So let's cut each other some slack.

A little slack is good. But it would be a mistake to think that any or every word of [actual] scripture is corrupted or contradictory to other scripture. Contradictions are simply the result of a lack of understanding and mistranslation.

It is important to give God credit for being God and fully capable of working all things together according to His purpose, and using the evil of men to fulfill His own good work in spite of themselves, while at the same time enacting judgment upon the wicked and saving His chosen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holy Land is a physical place and where God keeps watch over. Deuteronomy 11:11-12
It is overrun by Satan worshippers, [Allah] and Jesus rejectors. Soon they will all be gone: Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14

You are apparently not fully hearing the Spirit.

Yes, the holy land is a physical place-- but so was the Temple, and yet it was only a foreshadowing of the body of Christ, not to be fulfilled again by stones, but by the Spirit. Likewise, the holy land is not to be fulfilled by physical land, but by spiritual. Which is to say, it is not at all to be the same physical "place", but different.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A little slack is good. But it would be a mistake to think that any or every word of [actual] scripture is corrupted or contradictory to other scripture. Contradictions are simply the result of a lack of understanding and mistranslation.

It is important to give God credit for being God and fully capable of working all things together according to His purpose, and using the evil of men to fulfill His own good work in spite of themselves, while at the same time enacting judgment upon the wicked and saving His chosen.
I can give you examples of contradictions. They're not hard to find, so I'm not sure why you're so adamant that they don't exist. Why is this so important to you?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can give you examples of contradictions. They're not hard to find, so I'm not sure why you're so adamant that they don't exist. Why is this so important to you?

Because apparently you need clarification.

Example: Did everything that God wanted to be good and very good go wrong against His plans? Your narrative seems to suggest that it did, as if the one bad apple or lump that spoiled everything was unplanned, as if God were powerless to stop it, and now God has to fix it. But that is not the plan or the truth. On the contrary, these would be errors is the plan...and what you call contradictions are indeed contradictions--but only according to the plan as it is played out under the terms He has made for this world, and yet they are not according to what is spiritually true of the words. But the same words that you refer to are so far down stream that the waters are muddy with errors, errors that do not exist upstream at the Headwaters of the spirit from which they came.

So, yeah sure, you can come up with an extensive list of errors, but they are the errors of evil men who do not understand--not the scriptures. This is why Jesus came saying "You have heard...but I tell you... (what is actually true)." But because you are correct in your finding errors-- what is your point? Because there needs to be a distinction between the dark effects of this world on what is to be found, and the reality of what is to be known when the truth comes fully to light. The words are spirit, but many have not comprehended them.

Last edited:

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because apparently you need clarification.

Example: Did everything that God wanted to be good and very good go wrong against His plans? Your narrative seems to suggest that it did, as if the one bad apple or lump that spoiled everything was unplanned, as if God were powerless to stop it, and now God has to fix it. But that is not the plan or the truth. On the contrary, these would be errors is the plan...and what you call contradictions are indeed contradictions--but only according to the plan as it is played out under the terms He has made for this world, and yet they are not according to what is spiritually true of the words. But the same words that you refer to are so far down stream that the waters are muddy with errors, errors that do not exist upstream at the Headwaters of the spirit from which they came.

So, yeah sure, you can come up with an extensive list of errors, but they are the errors of evil men who do not understand--not the scriptures. This is why Jesus came saying "You have heard...but I tell you... (what is actually true)." But because you are correct in your finding errors-- what is your point? Because there needs to be a distinction between the dark effects of this world on what is to be found, and the reality of what is to be known when the truth comes fully to light. The words are spirit, but many have not comprehended them.
The more you speak, the more clarification I need. At first I thought you were denying the existence of errors, but now it seems you acknowledge them. At the same time, you're saying "they are the errors of evil men". Are you saying the writers of the Bible were evil men? Or are you referring to the translators? Somebody else? Who are these evil men?

You said: Did everything that God wanted to be good and very good go wrong against His plans? Your narrative seems to suggest that it did, as if the one bad apple or lump that spoiled everything was unplanned, as if God were powerless to stop it, and now God has to fix it.

I'm not suggesting anything went against God's plans, nor that God has to fix anything, so feel free to explain why you're throwing this at me. Do you think that God's plan was to write a perfect Bible? Is that the point you're trying to make?

What is my point? I have two points actually.

1. The Bible is not the word of God. It was not written by God. It was written by men.
2. Realizing that there may be errors, changes the way we study and understand the scriptures.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more you speak, the more clarification I need. At first I thought you were denying the existence of errors, but now it seems you acknowledge them. At the same time, you're saying "they are the errors of evil men". Are you saying the writers of the Bible were evil men? Or are you referring to the translators? Somebody else? Who are these evil men?
Yeah, sorry, the folding again can be as misunderstood as the unfolding.

The evil men came as a result of the fall. Peter explained it this way: "But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction." Even so, the truth remains pure in the scriptures they would have corrupted, because the words are spirit and mean one thing to the natural and another to the spiritual. Yes there are translation errors and teaching errors, but it doesn't matter, it is God who is in control of His own word, not men. In spite of evil men the spirit of His word will not return void.

But no, the writers of the Bible were not evil men, but rather spoke and wrote in tongues, that evil men would do their worst and be judged, while only the Holy spirit reveals the actual truth. That is the promise and the plan, that we are led unto all truth and the mystery of God as He proclaimed to His servants the prophets would be finished preceding the sounding of the seventh angel. Then comes the end.

You said: Did everything that God wanted to be good and very good go wrong against His plans? Your narrative seems to suggest that it did, as if the one bad apple or lump that spoiled everything was unplanned, as if God were powerless to stop it, and now God has to fix it.

I'm not suggesting anything went against God's plans, nor that God has to fix anything, so feel free to explain why you're throwing this at me. Do you think that God's plan was to write a perfect Bible? Is that the point you're trying to make?
Good. The Bible is indeed perfect, but written in spiritual tongues, and therefore the foolishness of evil men.

What is my point? I have two points actually.

1. The Bible is not the word of God. It was not written by God. It was written by men.
2. Realizing that there may be errors, changes the way we study and understand the scriptures.
Same answer.

What was written is pure and true but cloaked in spiritual tongues. Thus, if one looks to the words as literary, errors are surely to be found. But that is not the way. "Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh." Look rather to the Spirit.

The promises of God are true and to be fulfilled.