Mother of James?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pearl is correct
The "church" is NOT a building.
The "church" is the body of believers.

Buildings don't mean anything.

Most buildings, specially the old cathedrals, are built over the backs of poor people under
the dictatorship of royals and religious dictatorships.
The Church is the BODY of Christ - not merely an individual FROM that Body.
YOU are not the Church and neither is @Pearl. Collectively, the BODY of Christ is the Church.

Anyway - WHO said anything about a "building"?
Certainly not @Marymog . . .

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pearl is correct

Most buildings, specially the old cathedrals, are built over the backs of poor people under
Which “body of believers” do you and @Pearl go to to fulfill 1 Timothy 3:15? I’m willing to bet each of you go to a different “body of believers” for your pillar and foundation of truth and they disagree with each other. See how your theory makes no sense?

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pearl is correct

I’m willing to bet those poor people were happy to have a job

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m willing to bet those poor people were happy to have a job

I am willing to bet those poor people had no choice but submit to the powers in charge.
Living in misery under dark age rules.

So, you think the church is not the body of believers?
So, you submit and put your trust in visiting buildings?
So, you worship Roman Catholic cathedrals?
You believe you are saved because of these three points?

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which “body of believers” do you and @Pearl go to to fulfill 1 Timothy 3:15? I’m willing to bet each of you go to a different “body of believers” for your pillar and foundation of truth and they disagree with each other. See how your theory makes no sense?

Speaking about disagreements amongst each other....
When is the pope going to make up his mind about sexual sins?
My Catholic friends are all up in arms about the latest decisions coming out of Rome about homosexuals getting married and the approval by the pope.

Talk about disagreement within the Roman Catholic Church!

Listen, there will never be any agreement in any denomination.

You might as well NOT touch THAT subject.
Because it will be thrown right back at you considering the turmoil within the Roman Catholic Church.
Does sexual abuse ring a bell, Marymog?

You understand that the church is made up of imperfect people who often have diverse perspectives, values, and beliefs on many things. But you also may believe that conflict has no place in the church, which makes all church conflict sinful. Or, you may be in denial and can’t admit when there actually is conflict.

Remember, the Roman Catholic Church is not perfect as you seem to think, Marymog.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am willing to bet those poor people had no choice but submit to the powers in charge.
Hi triump,

So what you have presented is your opinion....that is unless you are able to provide historical evidence that they “had no choice but to submit “?

I patiently await your evidence...

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, you think the church is not the body of believers?
So, you submit and put your trust in visiting buildings?
So, you worship Roman Catholic cathedrals?
You believe you are saved because of these three points?
I think The Church is what scripture says it is: the pillar and foundation of truth that has the authority to decide who is to be treated as a pagan or tax collector! I have found that Church and you are more than welcome to join it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking about disagreements amongst each other....
When is the pope going to make up his mind about sexual sins?
My Catholic friends are all up in arms about the latest decisions coming out of Rome about homosexuals getting married and the approval by the pope.

Talk about disagreement within the Roman Catholic Church!

Listen, there will never be any agreement in any denomination.

You might as well NOT touch THAT subject.
Because it will be thrown right back at you considering the turmoil within the Roman Catholic Church.
Does sexual abuse ring a bell, Marymog?

You understand that the church is made up of imperfect people who often have diverse perspectives, values, and beliefs on many things. But you also may believe that conflict has no place in the church, which makes all church conflict sinful. Or, you may be in denial and can’t admit when there actually is conflict.

Remember, the Roman Catholic Church is not perfect as you seem to think, Marymog.
Soooo are you going to at least TRY to answer my questions?

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was why do you disagree with my post (#167)?

Because I am reasonable and allow the text, including the original Greek, to explain Scripture. I do not find ways to make the Word of God meet what I believe the Bible has to say. Instead, I take a relaxed approach and allow it to flow as it revolves around the Mysterious Plan of God. The Greek word is masculine and it speaks specifically that of the womb, which absolutely supports the basic concept of Scripture.

I'm not going to Wrestle with God's Word . . . that is a very dangerous thing to do. If you choose to do that, well . . .

Have a good day.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, the word "brother" (ἀδελφός, Adelphos), or "brothers" (ἀδελφοὶ, Adelphoi), has a range of meanings. Therefore, you'll have properly answered my question when you've explained why the context surrounding the word "brothers" Jn. 7:3-5 supports the "biological siblings" definition specifically, rather than any of the others.

I don't think that you understand. I am not trying to convince you of anything. Why? Because I know that I can't do that. And more, I am desperately trying to avoid this conversation. I care very much about you, but if we continue down this path, you may end up hating me . . . and I don't want that. I would rather build you up than tear you down. You are very, very important, and I hope that one day we can be good "friends."

With all of the Love of Christ within me, I do love you in a Right and Godly Way.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.
Here you go theefaith. Linked>Post 130

know him is not salvation

Baptism!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put withi n you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
know him is not salvation

Baptism!

I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put withi n you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)

Attachments

• Triangle of Truth.png
    Triangle of Truth.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 0

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism!

New Testament

—————

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptism!

—————

Becoming a Disciple by baptism!

Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(Born again by baptism)

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit.

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism!

I don't think that anyone is reading this plethora of verses that are repeatedly posted. If anything, you're wearing yourself out. Posting 30 verses is not appealing (at least to me), and if anything, pushes people away from wanting to "listen."

Why not try to scale yourself down? I would be more willing to listen if you weren't so forceful. I mean, I had to delete much of your post just be able to reply (beyond 10,000 words).

My best.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
how do you know him?

you need baptism Mk 16:16 jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:21
For a good part of my life, from a child through to my twenties I went to church and Sunday school.

I had been christened/'baptised' as an infant and confirmed pre teen. I married in my local church and my babies were Christened/'baptised' in due course. I knew about God and creation, I knew about Jesus and the virgin birth, I knew the hymns and prayers and I thought I was a Christian.

Then one day somebody gave me a little booklet called. 'Journey into Life'. What I read in that little book changed my life. It showed me that I wasn't actually a True Christian because I knew about God and went to church. It told me I had to turn away from my old life (repent) seek forgiveness for my sin and make a commitment to follow Jesus. All of which I did asap. Up until that moment I had been taking tranquiisers (valium) on and off for years. After that day I never have had another. Everything seemed brighter and cleaner and I felt so fresh and new.

If I had hung on to my original belief that I was already a Christian then I would have missed out on the best part of my life. I am born again into God's family. I am undoubtedly his by adoption and nobody can take me from him. I am his and he is mine.

And this is something so wonderful and brilliant that I want everybody to experience for themselves.

If you think you are a Christian then can I urge you to make sure that you really are and not like I used to be, knowing the stories, saying the prayers but not having that one-on-one relationship with Jesus my Saviour.

And folks, it didn't stop there. I had the baptism of the Holy Spirit - the Christians 'power pack' if you like. And I had a full and proper baptism which was absolutely amazing.

Please don't pick my testimony to pieces. If you don't like it then please keep it to yourself as to me this is the most precious thing I could ever share with anybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a good part of my life, from a child through to my twenties I went to church and Sunday school.

I had been christened/'baptised' as an infant and confirmed pre teen. I married in my local church and my babies were Christened/'baptised' in due course. I knew about God and creation, I knew about Jesus and the virgin birth, I knew the hymns and prayers and I thought I was a Christian.

Then one day somebody gave me a little booklet called. 'Journey into Life'. What I read in that little book changed my life. It showed me that I wasn't actually a True Christian because I knew about God and went to church. It told me I had to turn away from my old life (repent) seek forgiveness for my sin and make a commitment to follow Jesus. All of which I did asap. Up until that moment I had been taking tranquiisers (valium) on and off for years. After that day I never have had another. Everything seemed brighter and cleaner and I felt so fresh and new.

If I had hung on to my original belief that I was already a Christian then I would have missed out on the best part of my life. I am born again into God's family. I am undoubtedly his by adoption and nobody can take me from him. I am his and he is mine.

And this is something so wonderful and brilliant that I want everybody to experience for themselves.

If you think you are a Christian then can I urge you to make sure that you really are and not like I used to be, knowing the stories, saying the prayers but not having that one-on-one relationship with Jesus my Saviour.

And folks, it didn't stop there. I had the baptism of the Holy Spirit - the Christians 'power pack' if you like. And I had a full and proper baptism which was absolutely amazing.

Please don't pick my testimony to pieces. If you don't like it then please keep it to yourself as to me this is the most precious thing I could ever share with anybody.

I’m not critical of your testimony or story we can give thanks to God His light and grace!

how do you become born again?