Movements Of God 4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: - Isaiah 28:10.

In all the moves of God we see God giving line upon line here a little and there a little. What we want to take as a lot, and say "this is it, this is all God has," turns out to be 'here a little and there a little.' For the growing up of the saints to the point where we are at today.

The 'charismatic movement' carried over into another what seems more of a maturing in the things of God the was called 'the word of faith.' The word of faith move had a few men that were used of God in a great way. They brought back the understanding we needed faith, by faith you could believe God and things happened ... worked out. It was a great move. I want to say this about a move of God.. in all moves of God men become disgruntled with the move and fall out quit the church, quit each other, and stop serving God. Why do those things happen in a move of God, after all it is a move. It is never God's intention you stay in a movement, but his intention is moving you closer to his intention. Aww his intention, what is his intention. We must know what the intent and purpose of God is before creation. The reason for creation. Eph. 1:4.

The word of faith brought on what we call Kingdom. Kingdom is only partially scriptural, so making it not so much of a move but men trying to place in this world they're authority in a scriptural backing. It is almost a full cirlce of where the church started coming out of in the 1500's.

What we see now is:

Now I say all that because what we are seeing now is something that is not mainstream. It is world wide but not mainstream. No media coverage, no magazines, no large groups (if they came together as one group in one place, only the Lord knows), no fanfare of sorts, no large building to hinder, has no overseers, only leaders of groups. But the spiritual value is like nothing else you have ever experienced.. if you have ever experienced a move of God. The progenitors of it are like pioneers (as I have talked about in a few articles).

God has never stopped moving and we can move with him. He will move me in my understanding.. teaching me, and growing me up into him, as we learn him who is our life.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we read carefully Isaiah. 28 what we read is a warning for people not to build their theological understanding line upon line or precept upon precept.

Isaiah 28:5-15: -

5 In that day the Lord of hosts will be
For a crown of glory and a diadem of beauty
To the remnant of His people,
6 For a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment,
And for strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate.
7 But they also have erred through wine,
And through intoxicating drink are out of the way;
The priest and the prophet have erred through intoxicating drink,
They are swallowed up by wine,
They are out of the way through intoxicating drink;
They err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
8 For all tables are full of vomit and filth;
No place is clean.
9 "Whom will he teach knowledge?
And whom will he make to understand the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just drawn from the breasts?
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little.
"
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue
He will speak to this people,
12 To whom He said, "This is the rest with which
You may cause the weary to rest,"
And, "This is the refreshing";

Yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the Lord was to them,
"Precept upon precept, precept upon precept,
Here a little, there a little,"
That they might go and fall backward, and be broken
And snared and caught.

14 Therefore hear the word of the Lord, you scornful men,
Who rule this people who are in Jerusalem,
15 Because you have said, "We have made a covenant with death,
And with Sheol we are in agreement.
When the overflowing scourge passes through,
It will not come to us,
For we have made lies our refuge,
And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves.
"​
NKJV

The dominate understanding of the people today is that the Lord God will take them out of harms way when the scourge comes our way because we will be raptured before hand. As such, those who are raptured before the scourge, will not be refined by God to conform with His ways forever more.

God is warning His Saints, His Earthly Hosts, that they do not build "Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept, Here a little, there a Little," because if we do we will become snared and caught in Satan's lies and our final destiny will be the Lake of fire.

Shalom

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we read carefully Isaiah. 28 what we read is a warning for people not to build their theological understanding line upon line or precept upon precept.

Isaiah 28:5-15: -

5 In that day the Lord of hosts will be
For a crown of glory and a diadem of beauty
To the remnant of His people,
6 For a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment,
And for strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate.
7 But they also have erred through wine,
And through intoxicating drink are out of the way;
The priest and the prophet have erred through intoxicating drink,
They are swallowed up by wine,
They are out of the way through intoxicating drink;
They err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
8 For all tables are full of vomit and filth;
No place is clean.
9 "Whom will he teach knowledge?
And whom will he make to understand the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just drawn from the breasts?
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Here a little, there a little.
"
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue
He will speak to this people,
12 To whom He said, "This is the rest with which
You may cause the weary to rest,"
And, "This is the refreshing";

Yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the Lord was to them,
"Precept upon precept, precept upon precept,
Here a little, there a little,"
That they might go and fall backward, and be broken
And snared and caught.

14 Therefore hear the word of the Lord, you scornful men,
Who rule this people who are in Jerusalem,
15 Because you have said, "We have made a covenant with death,
And with Sheol we are in agreement.
When the overflowing scourge passes through,
It will not come to us,
For we have made lies our refuge,
And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves.
"​
NKJV

The dominate understanding of the people today is that the Lord God will take them out of harms way when the scourge comes our way because we will be raptured before hand. As such, those who are raptured before the scourge, will not be refined by God to conform with His ways forever more.

God is warning His Saints, His Earthly Hosts, that they do not build "Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept, Here a little, there a Little," because if we do we will become snared and caught in Satan's lies and our final destiny will be the Lake of fire.

Shalom

Hi Jay,
I used to think of that verse differently too, until I read the whole thing!
Good clarification.