Moves Of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are some of the moves of God since the cross:

-- Salvation by grace..

The message was lost within a couple of hundred years of the church being established on this earth - the body of Christ.

Some 1300 hundred years lost, until a man that God would raise up to see Justification was by faith. Not by what another man (group of men..leaders) said what justication was. And they're word being gospel.. no more would it come by what this group had to say it was. Present truth gripped Luther. And the church was moved out of the damnable darkness of men controlling men. The abominable darkness that was on the church!

Another man was raised up in time to see Sactifcation came by the cross. Like rungs on a ladder, God was moving his people on in truth. We owe these men and women that suffered, and gave their blood for the sake of truth. It should not be the pay of going the way of what I believe, what I think and what truth is. We should know the truth!

Reactions: Nancy

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, Grace and truth came by Jesus (John 1:17) we are saved by grace alone through faith alone, and we are sanctified by the Spirit of Truth, God with us, Emmanuel. (John 16:13)

Reactions: soul man

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are some of the moves of God since the cross:

-- Salvation by grace..The message was lost within a couple of hundred years of the church being established on this earth - the body of Christ.

How would you know? Have you actually read the early church Fathers like Augustine? More mindless pontification by historically illiterate fundamentalist! One of the greatest examples of fundamentalist arrogance is their mindless assumption that the Holy Spirit deserted His church shortly after the apostolic age. Would a Holy Spirit who totally failed His church even be worthy of belief?

On the contrary, the Holy Spirit continued to honor Gospel preaching in Augustine's day that he could rejoice in great healing miracles (e. g. the healing of the blind man in Milan) that I'd wager you don't see in your church.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One of the greatest examples of fundamentalist arrogance is their mindless assumption that the Holy Spirit deserted His church shortly after the apostolic age.
Do you have any actual evidence regarding this absurd accusation? Do you even know the difference between Catholic arrogance and fundamentalist "arrogance"? The Catholic Church claims to be the only true church in the world. And those who know better understand that this is nonsensical arrogance. Even the Eastern Orthodox churches reject this arrogance.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you know? Have you actually read the early church Fathers like Augustine? More mindless pontification by historically illiterate fundamentalist! One of the greatest examples of fundamentalist arrogance is their mindless assumption that the Holy Spirit deserted His church shortly after the apostolic age. Would a Holy Spirit who totally failed His church even be worthy of belief?

On the contrary, the Holy Spirit continued to honor Gospel preaching in Augustine's day that he could rejoice in great healing miracles (e. g. the healing of the blind man in Milan) that I'd wager you don't see in your church.

Reading into .. no one said anything about the Holy Spirit leaving.. amazing. It is good place to see where people are at in their understanding. You have to like what media's bring out!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading into .. no one said anything about the Holy Spirit leaving.. amazing. It is good place to see where people are at in their understanding. You have to like what media's bring out!

I take that as a No, I'm pontificating from ignorance without having read the primary texts of the early Church Fathers!