My dreams keep repeating...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dream the night before last about my ex wife again. I have had several dreams about her. And the night before last we were joined by my mother who is now deceased. I keep dreaming about my ex-wife. Can anyone explain these dreams?

My ex-wife remarried and is living in another state with my two children who I don't get to see because she had them adopted by their father in law.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dream the night before last about my ex wife again. I have had several dreams about her. And the night before last we were joined by my mother who is now deceased. I keep dreaming about my ex-wife. Can anyone explain these dreams?

My ex-wife remarried and is living in another state with my two children who I don't get to see because she had them adopted by their father in law.
Sounds like you may be troubled about something. I read once that the people you see in your dreams may not really be them but because they are familiar your subconscious mind sort of latches onto them so that in your dream they may represent somebody else.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you may be troubled about something. I read once that the people you see in your dreams may not really be them but because they are familiar your subconscious mind sort of latches onto them so that in your dream they may represent somebody else.
Yeah it's the same type of dream and the same person. So they may be someone else?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you may have old wounds to heal and talk to God about.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think you may have old wounds to heal and talk to God about.

Perhaps, however, God MAY BE drawing @evin55343 ATTENTION to his children so that he can pray for their well being and for God to keep them safe until such time as they seek him out in the future. Perhaps d. can ask God to include his two children in those whom he will draw to Himself.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, however, God MAY BE drawing @evin55343 ATTENTION to his children so that he can pray for their well being and for God to keep them safe until such time as they seek him out in the future. Perhaps d. can ask God to include his two children in those whom he will draw to Himself.
Yes I pray for them often, but recently with everything going on in my family forgot to pray for them.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there are old wounds. Not that I can fix them though. The ex is being very definite about keeping me out of my children's lives.
I know that pain with my oldest. I won't say much about that here... But look.

Psalm 147:3
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

You don't have to do anything but take it to Jesus. We may not know what to do, or how to recover, but God does. I will say a prayer for you that you will be able to trust Him with it and have a sincere feeling of peace.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Indeed. I agree with what @FluffyYellowDuck has said. There is a strong feeling of loss in your dream but the presence of your mother brings a sense of comfort and stability in amidst of it all. I would bring this up to the Lord and ask if he would intervene in such a way that the outcome would bring peace to you and your estranged family. I will be praying for you also....Blessings and Peace!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Still having those dreams, Devin?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I had other dreams that kept repeating and they came to pass. Plumbing problems with my place. But the ex-wife thing went away for now.

Alright. Depending on the content of the dreams, it can be a call to pray for her, even though you're not married to her anymore. She is still the mother of your children. It could also be an issue that ultimately effects the children somehow. But if they have stopped for now, then there's likely no need to worry about it at this point. If they were affectionate dreams, that's a whole other kettle of fish, but I was just curious.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright. Depending on the content of the dreams, it can be a call to pray for her, even though you're not married to her anymore. She is still the mother of your children. It could also be an issue that ultimately effects the children somehow. But if they have stopped for now, then there's likely no need to worry about it at this point. If they were affectionate dreams, that's a whole other kettle of fish, but I was just curious.
Yes I started praying for them again as I had forgot for some reason, out of sight out of mind perhaps. But now I'm praying for them again. I think you may be right.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes my mother was a Christian. I think my dream must have happened because I stopped praying for them.

Very possible, because we have a cloud of witnesses in Heaven, and if your mother appeared together in one, it could mean she is watching, and doesn't wanting you giving up on your kids. She also may not want you giving up on your wife spiritually either, because as your ex-wife goes, so will the children likely go.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very possible, because we have a cloud of witnesses in Heaven, and if your mother appeared together in one, it could mean she is watching, and doesn't wanting you giving up on your kids. She also may not want you giving up on your wife spiritually either, because as your ex-wife goes, so will the children likely go.
I had a vision and saw my mother above us at her burial and she was checking to see who all came. I was feeling sick about her death. But after I saw that visitation appearance I felt peace about her again. It was nice.

She didn't like the fact that my ex moved away and hid the children from me till it was too late and they legally went to her husband. At which point she denied me access. I was homeless for a time and tossed around from group home to group home and couldn't contact them for a few years. I'm schizophrenic and she won parent rights in our divorce because of it. So I had no say in her raising them and where she went with them. She fought me every step of the way from the divorce up till she had her husband adopt them. My mother took it hard as she is a very kind woman and loves her children and grand children.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mother took it hard as she is a very kind woman and loves her children and grand children.

That's what I sensed.

So are your ex-wife and her husband Christians? If so, how serious are they about the Lord? If you want to talk about this but would be more comfortable in private, just send me a conversation.