My husband has asked for prayer.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My husband,Ray, has asked for prayer. He is 84 and was always very active, always with a project on the go - gardening, model engineering and model railway. When he retired we used to go out almost every day the weather was good enough, even if it was only into town on the bus. Sadly he is no longer able to do any of those things as he has no feeling in his hands and is very unsteady on his feet, using a mobility aid even in the house. He can't even shave himself anymore.

Tonight he asked if I would ask for prayer for him as he gets so frustrated, the only things he can do is read or watch TV. I pray for him all the time to be able to enjoy his life even though it has shrunk so much. So please pray. God will give you the right words. He needs a bit of spiritual lifting. Thank you in advance for your recent prayers for my family.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for him. May God bless him with peace in his struggles. And may God heal him and lift him out of these troubles.

Reactions: Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband,Ray, has asked for prayer. He is 84 and was always very active, always with a project on the go - gardening, model engineering and model railway. When he retired we used to go out almost every day the weather was good enough, even if it was only into town on the bus. Sadly he is no longer able to do any of those things as he has no feeling in his hands and is very unsteady on his feet, using a mobility aid even in the house. He can't even shave himself anymore.

Tonight he asked if I would ask for prayer for him as he gets so frustrated, the only things he can do is read or watch TV. I pray for him all the time to be able to enjoy his life even though it has shrunk so much. So please pray. God will give you the right words. He needs a bit of spiritual lifting. Thank you in advance for your recent prayers for my family.
Praying for Ray with these needs and for you as his wife.

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praying for Ray with these needs and for you as his wife.
Thank you. I really appreciate your prayers. We can often underestimate the power of prayer. How are you now John? I will continue to pray for you and Kathy.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I really appreciate your prayers. We can often underestimate the power of prayer. How are you now John? I will continue to pray for you and Kathy.
Doing fairly well today. I am approaching the end of this chemotherapy thing. Just one more treatment on March 9. However before that [now!] and even after that... is it not all in God's hands? I am trusting Him to know the Way I need to go. Do I trust me to follow as He leads me? I talk with Him each day asking always for His will...

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Doing fairly well today. I am approaching the end of this chemotherapy thing. Just one more treatment on March 9. However before that [now!] and even after that... is it not all in God's hands? I am trusting Him to know the Way I need to go. Do I trust me to follow as He leads me? I talk with Him each day asking always for His will...
Good to hear that. He is always with us whatever we are facing.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so praying for Ray right now Pearl, it's a very difficult thing to become unable to do the things that once filled our lives.
He has been blessed to have you sister.