My Spouse Does Not Like To Hear This.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more we live in the reality of our heavenly life the more we will live.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is a very individual and personal choice that nobody can decide for you. After seeing some of the heartbreaking court cases there have been where terminally ill people have sought the court's permission to end their lives I think there should be more choice and compassion for those that decide it is the right course of action for them. At present they are forced to go to the clinic in Switzerland to die with the dignity they desire and deserve. But not all of us can afford that.

My mother died a horrific cancer death. No person should go like that - there was no dignity - waste escaped her body. My eyes tear thinking of it. I remember as life was leaving her we attempted to get her into the bathroom and couldn't. I heard cries from her that haunted me - deep cries of agony. She said "Oh help me!" I said "God's helping you mom." And she said: "No, He's not." I still can't come to terms with that with God. My mother never hurt anyone. She smoked - so she hurt herself. But no person should die like that - an evil person maybe, but not a person who has lived a life not hurting others.

One of my family members has a hard time dealing with patient deaths. She told me that one black man was dying and called her by her name and it hurt her so bad she couldn't eat that day. Another patient died screaming, and another died "a bad death." Does this glorify God? Does God want someone screaming - scaring everyone around him? What good does that serve? Do you really think that God would condemn the doctor who gave him a higher dose of morphine to allow him to slip out of his earthly body with dignity?

Please think of your animals - how many of you have allowed them to suffer?

I know that euthanasia is a slippery slope - like many other things. But if we put safeguards in place then a person should be able to choose the time when they leave their earthly body. It's barbaric how it is now. I just think it's an individual decision. I'm talking about only those people who are racked with pain or their prognosis isn't good or they're up in years - not young people who are depressed or who broke up with a boyfriend.

I think this is an important subject because it's been ignored - and barbaric - for far too long. Some people may not have seen a cancer death up close, so they can make the decision that euthanasia is bad (armchair quarterback). When you've seen a horrible death it stays with you.

I think that Christians inflict suffering on other Christians by acting like they are more noble somehow for letting "God decide" when they draw their last breath. We have to face those roots of pride because our attitudes can hurt others who are enduring the unendurable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My mother died a horrific cancer death. No person should go like that - there was no dignity - waste escaped her body. My eyes tear thinking of it. I remember as life was leaving her we attempted to get her into the bathroom and couldn't. I heard cries from her that haunted me - deep cries of agony. She said "Oh help me!" I said "God's helping you mom." And she said: "No, He's not." I still can't come to terms with that with God. My mother never hurt anyone. She smoked - so she hurt herself. But no person should die like that - an evil person maybe, but not a person who has lived a life not hurting others.

I really think THIS is one of those mysteries that we will never understand until -The Other Side. I don't even pretend to understand it all.

I know that Jesus tells us - John 10 "The Thief / Satan cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

So we know who it is who is doing this to God people during death.
Yet someone I can't see the "life more abundantly" bit here at all!!!

When my dad was dying of heart failure , on oxygen, struggling to breath.
I yelled at God- " What are You waiting for , TAKE him now."

Obviously we can't dictate to God...the scripture verse He gave me then was 2 Cor 4:17 " For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory "

So I took from that verse that even though their death seems long and dragged out to us who love them, once they are passed 'to them' and to God it was just a blink of time of their whole lifetime. AND works for them as an exceedingly ETERNAL weight ( anointing) of Glory!! A special anointing reward in the heaven...for "God is no man's debtor" in other words, it wasn't all for nothing.

My two cents ..

Reactions: marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I dream about being out of my earthly body (dead), as much as Paul probably did.
"to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" huh?
To be physically dead is to be in Heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ
so you say, yes
John 3:13 Lexicon: "No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.
In Death however, I'd rather be a Martyr though when I do die! My greatest fear is in my older age being sent to "Willow Creek", a retirement home/ assisted living center, where there is a huge possibility some medical personnel will just let me lay in my "poop!" I see this all the time in my profession. It tears me up inside.
yes, it is a sign imo. You get to choose how you will die; how you will live, not so much

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And yet this is only saying that no one has on their own ascended into heaven except the Son of Man.

But it does not say that no one has been, or will be brought into heaven.

So this verse doesn't really rule that out.

Much love!
go with that then, if you like, but you might read my sig, or rectify with There is only One Immortal, etc, ad nauseum very much.

seems to me that Writing No one has ever gone up to heaven in a God~Breathed Book meant to be accurate for the ages negates your desires there wadr

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I can say is that we don't actually have power over our life and death. Even suicide is successful only if God allow. I know, because I should have been dead, medically speaking. When I was 18, I took 4 times the amount of drug needed to kill myself, yet you can see the result. I didn't even get sick, or anything. God was not ready for me to be dead.

I don't counsel to attempt to take life and death into our own hands, as you never know what God will do with that situation. Sometimes it can be not at all what people expect.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
go with that then, if you like, but you might read my sig, or rectify with There is only One Immortal, etc, ad nauseum very much.
Been there done that.

Mortal shall be clothed with immortality. So that there is only one immortal does not mean that we shall not receive immortality in the world to come.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Been there done that.

Mortal shall be clothed with immortality. So that there is only one immortal does not mean that we shall not receive immortality in the world to come.

Much love!
the mortal must "put on" immortality, certainly; but as long as you evidence Satan's Dialectic the meaning of that is wadr hidden from you imo.
But you are free to make Jesus your Apollos if you like, friend; there is no judgement for beliefs, that i can find anyway (I have not seen such faith in anyone of Israel!)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so easy to just change a couple words and get what you want, huh marks?
You tell me.

Were words changed? I don't see it. Is there something in particular you think I'm wanting here? Or am I just going with what I read?

Easier to impugne me that address the statements?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the mortal must "put on" immortality, certainly; but as long as you evidence Satan's Dialectic the meaning of that is wadr hidden from you imo.
But you are free to make Jesus your Apollos if you like, friend; there is no judgement for beliefs, that i can find anyway (I have not seen such faith in anyone of Israel!)

Apollos? Come on.

You are free to know nothing if that is your pleasure.

I assume that by "Satan's Dialectic" you are refering to the practice of reading the Bible and believing what it says. You do not deter me in this. We each have our opinions, and God is the arbiter.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Were words changed? I don't see it. Is there something in particular you think I'm wanting here? Or am I just going with what I read?
so ill fix that to "what we want" then, my apologies, but the point was you cannot Quote "shall be" exactly, but rather "put on," which btw we have a perfectly acceptable current idiom for "put on" fwiw? I suggest you are maybe being fooled, ok.
1 Corinthians 15:53 Lexicon: For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

so iow we have to do this, and beware those reading Paul to their destruction

Were words changed?
i would say yes wadr
Apollos? Come on.
ya...hard to make the connection from inside the frame i guess. really hard.

Jesus is either "returning" to...take you somewhere, or to literally fulfill the "Zionist" (in our def) utopia, in your current understanding, yes? Not quite sure which, prolly? Right? I was taught by Paul's wolves too, ok.
You are free to know nothing if that is your pleasure.
ty, that is ezackly what i know!
("we're tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!")
He who says he knows, does not...

Last edited: