My theory about the "Word" in John 1:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father and the Son are distinct Persons according to the Trinity.

but what do you believe? or is you in agrement with the Trinity that you quoted?

for John 1:1 states the Word was God. if God how are you certifying "distinction?".

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but what do you believe? or is you in agrement with the Trinity that you quoted?

for John 1:1 states the Word was God. if God how are you certifying "distinction?".

PICJAG
God is a Spirit (John 4:24); and the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The Father is distinct from the Son is that the Son exists in flesh as a human being and the Father does not; except in the Person of the Son.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is a Spirit (John 4:24); and the same Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The Father is distinct from the Son is that the Son exists in flesh as a human being and the Father does not; except in the Person of the Son.
just saw this response,
First thanks for the reply, second, since you said God have come in the flesh and the only distinction is that God now exists in flesh... ok good so far. now I have a question which I have been asking for years now is this. listen,

God in flesh was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.
1. to make empty.
2. (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify.
[from G2756]
KJV: make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain
Root(s): G2756

justbyfaith if your statement is true, (which it is, for God was in the flesh as a man), then tell us how almighty God in a G2758 κενόω kenoo states...in flesh as a man, not having his Omni powers, upholds the universe?

remember you said it's the SAME Spirit, so how did God stay in "Spirit" as the Father, and in Flesh as the Son, again was some of the Spirit in that flesh or all..... well the scriptures say all of God was in that flesh in a G2758 κενόω kenoo states. scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" and the term "Form" here is NATURE
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313
See also: G3445, G3446, G4832

so was all of God NATURE "Spirit" was in that body? yes, according to Phil 2:6. now you neeed to tell us how God was in that flesh on Earth, and still in heaven being the same Spirit. for if ONE Spirit, then what of the Spirit was G2758 κενόω kenoo, and what of the Spirit was not G2758 κενόω kenoo? this is the crust of the matter concering the Godhead.
your answer please.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have answered this many times, one more won't hurt.

God the Father exists in eternity and as such He is an eternal being.

And in the descending to become Jesus Christ, he cannot cease to dwell in eternity; for it is the nature of eternity that if anyone dwells there, they are there eternally.

So, God both went forward to incarnate as the Son and also stayed behind as the eternal Spirit to rule over everything sovereignly.

It is as though an imprint of Him stays behind in eternity; except this imprint is not an impersonal thing but is the Father Himself. The imprint of the Father who stays behind when He descends to incarnate is actually the Person of the Father.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, you said,
God the Father exists in eternity and as such He is an eternal being.
well we have a problem justbyfaith with that statement you just made, and here it is, 1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;"
1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

now the reference of the context is to the Lord Jesus. and if he's the "only one hath immortality", then he's the Father, or else there is two who have eternity, and that's anti bible. which negate you next statement,
So, God both went forward to incarnate as the Son and also stayed behind as the eternal Spirit to rule over everything sovereignly.
BOTH? both God went forth? but one stayed behind? that's two Gods, and that's polytheism. see you have two Gods. then you said,
It is as though an imprint of Him stays behind in eternity; except this imprint is not an impersonal thing but is the Father Himself. The imprint of the Father who stays behind when He descends to incarnate is actually the Person of the Father.
well imprints don't have a soul, and Jesus had a soul . and two an imprint is a copy, An image or representation. and again a copy is not the original.
so again you have two Gods.

see justbyfaith when you said the Father stayed behind, there you put yourself into a polytheistic situation. this is what I been trying to get you to see. listen, I'm not putting you down but to lift you up. listen, in the leaving behind, is not leaving and imprint in the earth, but consider this. what if God is an "equal Share" of himself instead of a copy of himself. it would be the same person, only a numerical difference of his "ownself" in flesh and blood.

see, you are on the right track, but instead of a copy he's the equal share of himself in flesh, in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state... chew on that for a while... ok.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOTH? both God went forth? but one stayed behind? that's two Gods, and that's polytheism. see you have two Gods. then you said,

No, I have one God. The Father and the Son are in fact the same Spirit.

well imprints don't have a soul, and Jesus had a soul . and two an imprint is a copy, An image or representation. and again a copy is not the original.

Sorry, I was using inadequate words to try to explain the reality. The fact of the matter is God Himself stayed behind and also went forward to incarnate as the Son.

see justbyfaith when you said the Father stayed behind, there you put yourself into a polytheistic situation. this is what I been trying to get you to see. listen, I'm not putting you down but to lift you up.

There is still only one God from my pov. Because the Father and the Son are the same Spirit and therefore they are the same Person.

It seems to me that you are also preaching polytheism when you say that God the Son is "another of the same sort."

what if God is an "equal Share" of himself instead of a copy of himself. it would be the same person, only a numerical difference of his "ownself" in flesh and blood.

I have not said that Jesus is a copy of the Father. In my view, Jesus is the Father (Isaiah 9:6).

The Father in fact descended to become a Man; and in this He could not cease to dwell in eternity because it is the nature of eternity that if anyone dwells there, they are there eternally. So God cannot cease to dwell in eternity when He descends and incarnates in the Person of Jesus Christ.

For the sake of others on here let me also say that the Son was not eternally begotten but was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35); while He also exists throughout eternity because He ascended into eternity when He ascended (Ephesians 4:10).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now that we have John 1:1 down as to the term "WITH", meaning that the title holder "Father" is the Title holder "Son", shared in flesh. meaning by definition of "with the title holder of "Father" and "Son" is the SAME ONE PERSON, only shared, or diversified in flesh.
do anyone not understand the term "with" fully in John 1:1 concering the Godhead?

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now that we have John 1:1 down as to the term "WITH", meaning that the title holder "Father" is the Title holder "Son", shared in flesh. meaning by definition of "with the title holder of "Father" and "Son" is the SAME ONE PERSON, only shared, or diversified in flesh.
do anyone not understand the term "with" fully in John 1:1 concering the Godhead?

PICJAG
I believe that Ephesians 4:10 will provide insight into the "with" of John 1:1.

Time is a created thing; so when Jesus ascended to fill all things, He rose to fill eternity as He existed before as the Father (Isaiah 57:15).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While He also continues to dwell in a finite body of human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Ephesians 4:10 will provide insight into the "with" of John 1:1.

Time is a created thing; so when Jesus ascended to fill all things, He rose to fill eternity as He existed before as the Father (Isaiah 57:15).
JBF, JBF. JBF... yes, time is a created thing, but think for a sec, if he, (a single person), existed before as the Father, please explain Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"

you're still missing the understanding of "diversity"/the Equal Share of God as a plurality of himself, in flesh. YOU HAD THE RIGHT SCRIPTURE, listen. Isaiah 57:15 "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."

see that "Also?" there in Isaiah 57:15. remember, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first,
I also am the last." the "ALSO" indicate that God is a plurality, or the diversity of HIMSELF. but notice the verse said "I", a single person that's why Philippians 2:6 is so true as to the diversity of God as his OWN EQUAL. meaning that he is the diversity, or the EQUAL share of himself that was made G2758 κενόω kenoo. not a separate Person, but God himself as his own "G243 allos, or Another of himself shared in flesh. see the Isaiah 57:15 scripture bare this out. not two separate person, but just ONE, who is his own "diversified" self to Come. just as he spoke in Genesis 1:26, the "US", and the "OUR", to come, the ordinal Last of himself which happen at John 1:1. and Romans 5:14b bare this out. "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come." BINGO, there he is, notice the figure "TO COME". who came? God himself as the EQUAL shared in flesh... per Phil 2:6. listen and understand, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you." so he who was sent is he who "CAME"... :eek: YIKES!

understand JBF, that's why God is a diversity of his own self in flesh. because of Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" notice if God is one person, (singular), then he would have G2758 κενόω kenoo himself out of existence, but because he cannot, as one poster said know the difference between the echad of God vs the yachid which God is not. in that Echad, he God is a diversity, or a plurality of himself in flesh, the ordinal Last to Come, which was SENT. that's why God is NOT a YACHID. so to that poster who said, "do I know the difference between "ECHAD", and "YACHID"... :D I hope you do to......... NOW.

that's why God in flesh can talk with, or pray with, or intercede with his "OWN" Spirit/Father, (Ordinal First)/God in heaven. listen and lets see your Ephesians 4:10 in action. John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." BINGO, did that answer your Ephesians 4:10? yes he first desended from heaven, and then EARTH, to its lower parts. and it is he, Son of man and Not Son of God... (smile), that asended.

there is so much to learn about God, and the Godhead, but fear not, it's easy, once you allow the Holy Ghost to re-new your mind. and get that false notion of any threepersons out of one's head.

so Ephesians 4:10, but John 3:13, and Isaiah 57:15 show this "diversity" or the plurality of God clear as day. one day men will learn... "God is a "diversity of himself in flesh.. aee Revelation 22:16.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so to that poster who said, "do I know the difference between "ECHAD", and "YACHID"...

Sorry to say but you still do not have the knowledge and the understanding of the difference between the words "ECHAD" and "YACHID". The technical term for "one only" or "one alone" is "YAHID" which was NEVER used in Deuteronomy 6:4 as well as in Deuteronomy 4:35!!

PICJAG

I just love and agree with your new slogan. Why would I argue with God Who is the Author of the Bible and already in Genesis 1:1; 26-27 has already declared there were at least three distinct persons involved in the creation as indicated by the plural Hebrew word "Elohim" and the plural "us" in verses 26 and 27.

Tell me, as a believer in the "oneness" doctrine, were you present with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as they planned everything before the foundations of the world?

I laid a question to you in the past which I believe you elected to evade to answer and that was, "do you believe 2 Corinthians 13:14 to be an integral part of Scripture?

Also, I like the new label you assigned to yourself. It suits you very well to a tee. Indeed you are a saboteur of Spiritual things in Scripture, if you "got" what I mean.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
Sorry to say but you still do not have the knowledge and the understanding of the difference between the words "ECHAD" and "YACHID". The technical term for "one only" or "one alone" is "YAHID" which was NEVER used in Deuteronomy 6:4 as well as in Deuteronomy 4:35!!
first thanks for the reply, second, your first ERROR of the Day. did I say God was a YACHID at Deuteronomy 6:4? no, I suggest you go back and look at any of my Post, and you want find any by me saying God is a YACHID at Deuteronomy 6:4. so that's dismissed.
I just love and agree with your new slogan. Why would I argue with God Who is the Author of the Bible and already in Genesis 1:1; 26-27 has already declared there were at least three distinct persons involved in the creation as indicated by the plural Hebrew word "Elohim" and the plural "us" in verses 26 and 27.
thanks for your agreeing with the slogon, but your second ERROR of the Day for you, there is never nor has ever been three distinct persons at Genesis 1:1; 26-27. the Lord Jesus himself put an end to that nonsense in Matthews 19 when he was talking with some Pharisees concerning divorcement, and in verse 4 our Lord put an end to any three distinct persons, (supposed to be God), at Genesis 1:1 or at Genesis 1:26 & 27. so that's dismissed.
Tell me, as a believer in the "oneness" doctrine, were you present with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as they planned everything before the foundations of the world?
your third ERROR of the Day, I'm not Oneness, but "Diversified Oneness", big difference. and as for planning anything, only JESUS is the Author of Creation, so ask him, and not 101G.
I laid a question to you in the past which I believe you elected to evade to answer and that was, "do you believe 2 Corinthians 13:14 to be an integral part of Scripture?
if you did I don't remember, but as for 2 Corinthians 13:14 "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. " that's scripture, and the Lord Jesus is God who have sent his OWN Spirit into our hearts... and?
Also, I like the new label you assigned to yourself. It suits you very well to a tee. Indeed you are a saboteur of Spiritual things in Scripture, if you "got" what I mean.
yes, I got what you mean.... :D now get what God ment in that Name for me. Jeremiah 1:10 "See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.". now I hope you got what God ment...

PICJAG