My weekend

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

doughty

Staff member
Admin
Jun 14, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
857B0199-CC47-4D4B-A42F-762291E6DABC.jpeg This is a good example of my best weekends with my family… at least for dinner! What do you guys typically do?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was at a wedding in a third world country and someone, from another culture to this third world country, said that the chefs had created all of the food that was laid out on the tables for the guests to eat. I reminded him that they had not created any of the foods, but had rather used what God had created to provide interesting tasting food mixtures with appropriate seasoning, for the guests to enjoy. But he did insist that the chefs had created all of the food themselves and could not understand what I was pointing out to him.

Sometimes you just cannot get through to people to bring correction at a Christian wedding.

LOL :rolleyes:

Reactions: Helen and Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I work on Saturday, have set shift days in the care home. Usually sundays are a rest day because my shifts really take it out on me physically. So I tend to have a relaxing day with my youngest son
However this Sunday ( today ) I will be chilling with my youngest son watching the women’s football team play Germany in the euro finals. I actually would like the women to bring football home as the men haven’t succeeded since 1966.
I guess that will all be wasted on most members as I am the other side of the pond !lol

Rita

Reactions: Lambano

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just hang out here & read or watch DVD's & T.V. or go for walks or go in the sprinklers & get wet

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I work on Saturday, have set shift days in the care home. Usually sundays are a rest day because my shifts really take it out on me physically. So I tend to have a relaxing day with my youngest son
However this Sunday ( today ) I will be chilling with my youngest son watching the women’s football team play Germany in the euro finals. I actually would like the women to bring football home as the men haven’t succeeded since 1966.
I guess that will all be wasted on most members as I am the other side of the pond !lol

Rita
@Rita So do you remember the 1966 England win? :)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, I was only 8 and I have no memory of the game at all. My dad played football so he definitely would have watched it…. Maybe my mum took me out as she hated football !! Lol

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, I was only 8 and I have no memory of the game at all. My dad played football so he definitely would have watched it…. Maybe my mum took me out as she hated football !! Lol
@Rita Yes, well, some things are memorable; others not.......Everyone is different, right?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it was an age thing , now jump ahead three years later and I remember watching the apollo13 mission and the moon landing

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think it was an age thing , now jump ahead three years later and I remember watching the apollo13 mission and the moon landing
@Rita That was 1969, right? I remember some of that too.....

This was also the year when Prince Charles was invested Prince of Wales at Canaervon, if I remember correctly.............

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol- probably, but that never comes to mind !!

Reactions: farouk