1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Need Help Figuring Out Dream

Discussion in 'Christian Spirituality Forum' started by FluffyYellowDuck, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNB

DNB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    That's cool FYD, sounds like you're keeping it in its place.
    ...if you're getting stressed and having doubts, a break is ok, but not for too long. It sounds like you have a good support team here, and being alone can really play tricks on one's mind. Solitude can detach you from reality, try and balance your hiatus.

God is good, and everything that He created expresses that. There is no way under the sun that this universe came together by chance, nor these conversations that we're having are the sentiments of non-spiritual beings (in His image).

Jesus did everything that God expected from us, he loved God with all his heart, and loved his neighbour as himself., and was exalted accordingly for it.
    It's that simple and accessible. I hope that you keep the faith FYD!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  2. Ronald Nolette

Ronald Nolette Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

Most of us have dreams that can wake us, stir us and even "haunt us" due to their vividness, or "strangeness. sometimes they are just a dream, sometimes they are of the enemy to bother us, and sometime they are of the Lord. If it is of God, do not fret! You want to know and He will tell you if it is of Him and what it means. Until then, just cast your care on Him, for He cares for you and live your life.

TLHKAJ and Devin Wintch like this.
  3. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Spiritual Warrior Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This was on my YouTube feed this morning. The title caught my eye and I was reminded of your thread.
    Check it out.

4. reformed1689

reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It was just a dream. Nothing more. Look to Scripture not mystics.

DNB likes this.
  5. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Isn't this something like an oxymoron or contradiction to each other?
    Scripture says we will dream dreams and prophesy...
    Nebuchadnezzar's dream was so prophetic that it is still referenced to when talking about nations and world events.
    Jacob had a dream and today the whole world has heard of :"Jacob's ladder".....although some may be referring to the string and finger act.
    Joseph had a dream and was told to take Mary as his wife...

So @FluffyYellowDuck....pray and ask God to show you if there is an interpretation of the dream and ask Him to reveal it to you.

6. reformed1689

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Last I checked, it only says the men will dream dreams.

7. Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

Not a subject I get into heated debates with people about, so don't misread my responding. But I think you may be reading into the passage a little too strictly. For one thing, it says, "I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, etc." Now in context, "all flesh" is talking about Christians of all ages, in order that they may move in the operations of the Spirit that the Lord describes. But "all flesh" couldn't be taken literally as "even those who are born to Christian parents the minute they exit the womb." Infants don't even understand language until they have grown a little, and even then it's only "Dada," and "Mommy," and stuff like that. No way they would be able to prophesy, and if they saw visions or dreamed dreams, they'd have no way to communicate what they saw.

I just think you're taking the whole passage too strictly to interpret it as "and your old men shall (exclusively be the ones to) dream dreams." All believers can receive dreams from the Lord, just as all believers could receive visions, or even prophecy for that matter (1 Corinthians 14:1). The point of the passage is that dreams may be the particular niche of older believers, while visions and prophesying will be more the purview of younger ones.

God bless, and good to see you on the forum again.

8. Truther

Truther Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Try to rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ.

If you feel your vocal chords not working properly, it was evil.

Mayflower and FluffyYellowDuck like this.
  9. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So you do believe in dreams having significance in receiving messages from God? So then your response above has no basic meaning other than to try to persuade @FluffyYellowDuck to disregard it.
    Or maybe your belief just doesn't agree with scripture about dreams.
    I any case, I believe we shouldn't tell people to disregard things but rather suggest they pray and ask God to reveal it or to help test and discern it.

amadeus, TLHKAJ, Mayflower and 3 others like this.
  10. FluffyYellowDuck

FluffyYellowDuck Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hey I had to come back to say this is REALLY good advice. I did feel like that in the dream and I appreciate you bringing it up - because I forgot about that part.

To give an example of confirming that -

About a year or so ago, I was cleaning my bathroom and I heard something in my ear say in kind of a reverb type voice "Gonna send you a nightmare." I was like ??? and just went off doing my own thing.

Well that night I had a nightmare and heard in my left ear in that same reverb kind of voice, "Gonna send you a nightmare." Then I tried to call out Jesus name but I had sleep paralysis and couldn't speak - so I thought it and I started quoting scripture in my head. I was instantly let go and it was gone - then heard in my head that song, "Yes, Jesus loves me..."

Every time I quote scripture like Jesus in the desert against Satan it leaves.

11. Paul Christensen

Paul Christensen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    New Zealand
    I have some pretty crazy dreams at times. I never try to interpret them because I know they don't come from the Holy Spirit. I have a book that the Holy Spirit wrote that gives me all the answers I need. If the Holy Spirit decided to give me a dream to show anything that He wanted me to know, it would be clear cut with no mystery about it. The fact that a dream is obscure, confused, and needs someone to interpret it, shows that it did not originate from the Holy Spirit.

But if you want to interpret your dreams, Sigmund Freud wrote the best book about it called "The Interpretation of Dreams". Problem is that he wasn't born again and so his interpretations may be oriented to the world, flesh or the devil.

FluffyYellowDuck likes this.
  12. FluffyYellowDuck

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thanks, Paul! I do know that when I did have a dream from the Lord it has always been clear to me and I *knew* what it meant. That's why I was skeptical of this one. It was just super vivid and sketched me out. That doesn't mean what was said later wasn't true.

TLHKAJ likes this.
  13. Paul Christensen

Paul Christensen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    New Zealand
    If I had a dream and someone I know is part of it, I take it as a prompt to remember them in prayer that whatever their need is which prompted me to dream about them, God will take care of.

TLHKAJ and FluffyYellowDuck like this.
  14. FluffyYellowDuck

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thanks! I watched this one a few days ago, too.

For anyone that hasn't seen this stuff in relation to that video:

And also as for the volcanoes - (and this has happened before but I think it's interesting)

Heart2Soul likes this.
  15. Truther

Truther Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Amen.

I used to have those kind of dreams as a new convert, as I tried to rebuke the devil in Jesus' name and could not speak.

These are real attacks.

They stopped prolly about 30 years ago.

16. reformed1689

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I interpret it strictly because it is WRITTEN strictly. I know that doesn't seem to matter to some people which is how we end up with women pastors.

17. reformed1689

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No, she is a woman. Therefore, even if she did have dreams it doesn't fall within anything that should be paid attention to based on Scripture. The Bible says MEN will dream dreams, not women.

18. FluffyYellowDuck

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    While I won't say that I guarantee this dream is from God I think you're narrowing things down a little bit too far. I am a complementarian - but again, you're wrong.

In fact a woman being given a dream is so Biblical it happened during the time of Jesus- in a woman warning a man to not harm him.

Matthew 27:19 While Pilate was sitting on the judge's seat, his wife sent him this message: "Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."

I hope you didn't forget about Deborah, too.

19. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is not a debate thread

downloadfile-31.jpg

amadeus and FluffyYellowDuck like this.
  20. reformed1689

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    If you are going to build a whole doctrine out of isolated verses, well, we are in more disagreement than I thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.