Need Help Figuring Out Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spoke to me and I wrote it in a book over the course of about a months time, I was filled with peace when he visited in spirit. I later tried to share it and then I realized it was personal revelation for myself only. Just a story I wanted to share. And some of the revelation has already become true. It was about 7 years ago. It was very personal and I highly doubt he would want me to share it in a church setting.

Absolutely. It's like the thought of God speaking to someone personally is like anathema or something. The idea of what Christianity turns into if God cannot speak to His people personally is just horrifying to me. It's not even Christianity anymore. It's like a cult where the Spirit never speaks any more. He did all His speaking 2,000 years ago, and whether He is even real should not be questioned. We should just accept the fact that He spoke to His people once, but not now.

How... dare I use the term... ridiculous? :)

Reactions: dev553344

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm already starting to get dizzy from going around in circles with the posters on this thread, I may have to pull myself out for a while, I'm working on personal stuff at home that might be more important at this point... but yeah, I don't think all of the following is meant for everyone:

Absolutely it's more important. Almost anything would be, LoL.

I think the only thing important going on atm is that I just added you to my following list. :p

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely it's more important. Almost anything would be, LoL.

I think the only thing important going on atm is that I just added you to my following list. :p

Thanks I did the same, I saw that your prophecy on voter fraud became a big issue and must have been correct. And therefore from God.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are you stating, God spirit visits you and then leaves, in my opinion this is in total opposition to what Christ says He’s accomplished, mocking and calling Him a liar.
Hebrews 13:5 KJV
[5] Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Good heavens...
With special revelation? No. That is not how He interacts with us today. He speaks to us through His Word.

Through his word only, Reformed? So He never speaks to us while in prayer?
we can’t hear Him over all the alleged prophets (crowd)

Waiting, if you can't hear Him over anyone else's voice, you have a serious problem, and I don't mean it as an insult but as a warning. What sort of Christian has so weak a relationship with God that they can't hear Him because of something someone types on an internet page?

The word ridiculous keeps coming to mind with these posts.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks I did the same, I saw that your prophecy on voter fraud became a big issue and must have been correct. And therefore from God.

Yeah. I'm somewhat regretting not taking my time with this dream. I jumped out too fast on the part about her wanting to see signs, and that threw her off. Then the whole world came out like it was some sort of party or something, LoL. But that comes with experience. The last three of these (personal dreams) I did publicly I nailed it, and they said so. But it's like anything else; if you aren't careful and take your time, you can miss it.

Lesson learned. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. I'm somewhat regretting not taking my time with this dream. I jumped out too fast on the part about her wanting to see signs, and that threw her off. Then the whole world came out like it was some sort of party or something, LoL. But that comes with experience. The last three of these (personal dreams) I did publicly I nailed it, and they said so. But it's like anything else; if you aren't careful and take your time, you can miss it.

Lesson learned. :)

I think that's why God says try the spirits also. I think we learn when he speaks to us. He guides us in interpretation and lets us make mistakes too. At least I've found that to be true. It's all for our spiritual growth in him.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're grasping at straws. See my earlier post of the messages of the Holy Spirit promised in 1 Corinthians 12:1-11. I have proof from scripture.
Apparently you do not know what a strawman argument is.

With regard to your post about 1 Cor. 12:

This seems contrary to the scriptures in my opinion. Now I'm wondering do you think that the holy spirit gives messages to his children as it says in the Holy Scriptures. Messages to both men and women?:

1 Corinthians 12

1 Brothers and sisters, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 2 You know that at one time you were unbelievers. You were somehow drawn away to worship statues of gods that couldn’t even speak. 3 So I want you to know that no one who is speaking with the help of God’s Spirit says, “May Jesus be cursed.” And without the help of the Holy Spirit no one can say, “Jesus is Lord.”

4 There are different kinds of gifts. But they are all given to believers by the same Spirit. 5 There are different ways to serve. But they all come from the same Lord. 6 There are different ways the Spirit works. But the same God is working in all these ways and in all people.

7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. 8 To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. 9 To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages. 11 All the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives gifts to each person, just as he decides.

You have posted a passage with no exegetical work at all. You have bolded things like "the ability to prophesy" and I am guessing you don't even know what that actually means in the Greek.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good heavens...

Through his word only, Reformed? So He never speaks to us while in prayer?

Waiting, if you can't hear Him over anyone else's voice, you have a serious problem, and I don't mean it as an insult but as a warning. What sort of Christian has so weak a relationship with God that they can't hear Him because of something someone types on an internet page?

The word ridiculous keeps coming to mind with these posts.
I see, my relationship with God is weak because I don’t receive or interpret dreams.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. A couple weeks ago I was praying for a hug from Jesus or something like that.
2. I may have gone to bed this time angry and praying at God for giving me experiences that make me look crazy and that prayer might have been really intense and I don't know if the dream is a rebuke, an attack, or if it is a good thing
Here are questions I have:

1. Why are you praying for a hug from Jesus who does not walk on this earth at this time?
2. God giving you experiences that make you look crazy? Or are you turning normal everyday experiences into something they are not that make you look crazy? There is a difference.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have posted a passage with no exegetical work at all. You have bolded things like "the ability to prophesy" and I am guessing you don't even know what that actually means in the Greek.

OK, so what do you think it means?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s to profess Christ before men.

Reactions: reformed1689

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's why God says try the spirits also. I think we learn when he speaks to us. He guides us in interpretation and lets us make mistakes too. At least I've found that to be true. It's all for our spiritual growth in him.

YES! And it actually ought to be group effort in trying to discern what the Spirit is saying. It's the same thing with prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:26-30).

I have zero problems with others participating with me in interpretation. But like with scripture, I get very exacting about it, so many don't want to participate. I'd rather more people interpreted with me, however, because we'd get to the bottom of things more accurately. But I think that starts with at least believing God can and will speak through dreams and visions today. Maybe the fact that so many question that is why so many others dare not speak up.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES! And it actually ought to be group effort in trying to discern what the Spirit is saying. It's the same thing with prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:26-30).

I have zero problems with others participating with me in interpretation. But like with scripture, I get very exacting about it, so many don't want to participate. I'd rather more people interpreted with me, however, because we'd get to the bottom of things more accurately. But I think that starts with at least believing God can and will speak through dreams and visions today. Maybe the fact that so many question that is why so many others dare not speak up.
There’s no scripture stating He speaks through visions and dreams. It would be like me stating God speaks to us today with coloring books.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s to profess Christ before men.

No, Waiting. That is a man-made concept created by traditional religious leaders to excuse way the fact that they do not move in gifts the way the early church did. Everyone but those who cauterize their own consciences knows that the purpose of prophecy is a lot more than just to "profess Christ before men."

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to call a spade a spade there.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s no scripture stating He speaks through visions and dreams. It would be like me stating God speaks to us today with coloring books.

Ugh... always the same old argument. Ok, I'll play. Tell me what your interpretation of Joel 2:28 is. Was it completely fulfilled, or is its ultimate fulfillment still future tense?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:15-17 KJV
[15] For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. [16] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; [17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Only an acknowledgment of God having fulfilled Old Testament prophesy.
Jesus said He was come to fulfill the law and the prophets.

my problem is everyone stating He didnt.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, my relationship with God is weak because I don’t receive or interpret dreams.

Who on earth said this? Waiting, that's not fair. I said no such thing. If you heard this, you heard it from your own conscience bothering you about something, because I never said anything of the sort.

Cut it out.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:15-17 KJV
[15] For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. [16] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; [17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Only an acknowledgment of God having fulfilled Old Testament prophesy.
Jesus said He was come to fulfill the law and the prophets.

my problem is everyone stating He didnt.

Until He returns, there is still plenty to be fulfilled. Or do you believe the Book of Revelation has all been fulfilled as well?

But since you answered yes to the first question, my next question on that line is: Has Joel 2:31 been fulfilled?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah no, it turned into a debate on how God speaks and
You people are ridiculous. If you don't want a debate, don't post a controversial question.

Not everything is a controversy. "What do you think this means" shouldn't invite naysayers. This is a spirit filled site and a lot of people on here believe in these gifts for today. She asked for help to figure a dream out, and from what I observe, you turned it into the discussion on how God speaks to people and all that.

I don't know what @FluffyYellowDuck thinks about it, but no, I do not think every discussion on site offers a mind set B debate on the legitimacy of a common belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.