Need Help Figuring Out Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that if God spoke it would be profound enough to warrant writing it in a book, for all the body to be edified.

God spoke to me and I wrote it in a book over the course of about a months time, I was filled with peace when he visited in spirit. I later tried to share it and then I realized it was personal revelation for myself only. Just a story I wanted to share. And some of the revelation has already become true. It was about 7 years ago. It was very personal and I highly doubt he would want me to share it in a church setting.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spoke to me and I wrote it in a book over the course of about a months time, I was filled with peace when he visited in spirit. I later tried to share it and then I realized it was personal revelation for myself only. Just a story I wanted to share. And some of the revelation has already become true. It was about 7 years ago. It was very personal and I highly doubt he would want me to share it in a church setting.
So what are you stating, God spirit visits you and then leaves, in my opinion this is in total opposition to what Christ says He’s accomplished, mocking and calling Him a liar.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are you stating, God spirit visits you and then leaves, in my opinion this is in total opposition to what Christ says He’s accomplished, mocking and calling Him a liar.

Woe there fella, you keep kicking the donkey on that one. A little more pepper on my birthday cake? No thanks :(

I am in Christ and Christ in me, but yes he visited me externally also and spoke to me and I wrote it down. Dictated his word.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 13:5 KJV
[5] Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woe there fella, you keep kicking the donkey on that one. A little more pepper on my birthday cake? No thanks :(

I am in Christ and Christ in me, but yes he visited me externally also and spoke to me and I wrote it down. Dictated his word.
My apologies I forgot you said you suffer from schizophrenia.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reformed, I am simply telling you that by interpreting things according to what is "written strictly" (and those were your words, not mine), you will miss what the Spirit is saying. Nothing more.
Except that is not true. By not interpreting strictly (there is only ONE correct interpretation of any passage) you miss what the Spirit has ACTUALLY said.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies I forgot you said you suffer from schizophrenia.

What I would be careful about here @Hidden In Him is thinking that God doesn't speak to his children, and if not why doesn't a loving God speak to his children, doesn't sound loving to shun the children of the wedding of Christ. That's not very inviting to a wedding party for Jesus and his children. I think more likely is there is something strange about the way you think about God and what kind of person he is. Did he not have an entire discourse on loving God and loving one another, and you think he shuns his children with silence?

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ri·dic·u·lous
/rəˈdikyələs/

Learn to pronounce

adjective
adjective: ridiculous
deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd.

19789999.jpg

mock·ing
/ˈmäkiNG/

Learn to pronounce

adjective
adjective: mocking
making fun of someone or something in a cruel way; derisive.
"the mocking hostility in his voice made her wince"
If you read the context in which I used the word you will know I know EXACTLY what it means.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well to be honest, when someone brings a vision, dream or prophecy they had, and they're told they're a liar, which has happened to me on forums like this. Then that would be something close to what @reformed1689 said we deserve.
Yeah we don't have prophets today with special revelation. Or should we put all of these "prophets" to the test prescribed in Scripture? We would have a lot of dead "prophets" then.... Just saying.

Reactions: dev553344

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I would be careful about here @Hidden In Him is thinking that God doesn't speak to his children, and if not why doesn't a loving God speak to his children, doesn't sound loving to shun the children of the wedding of Christ. That's not very inviting to a wedding party for Jesus and his children. I think more likely is there is something strange about the way you think about God and what kind of person he is. Did he not have an entire discourse on loving God and loving one another, and you think he shuns his children with silence?
That’s what I was referring to earlier in a post. The empty wells of this paradise lost will never say what can only be heard of Him.

we can’t hear Him over all the alleged prophets (crowd)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah we don't have prophets today with special revelation. Or should we put all of these "prophets" to the test prescribed in Scripture? We would have a lot of dead "prophets" then.... Just saying.
Very true, there are many false prophets, but my beliefs allow for true prophets whenever God decides. I highly doubt he is restricted to @reformed1689's demand that he shuns his children. Which is sort of what you are demanding people believe. See post #130.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also it is good to try out the spirits and learn for one's self, seeking God:

1 John 4:1-5

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

“beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God...”

1 Corinthians 4:1-7 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. [2] Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. [3] But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. [4] For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified (1 Corinthians 6:11)(1 Timothy 3:16): but he that judgeth me is the Lord. [5] Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. [6] And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. [7] For who maketh thee to differ from another ? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it ?

Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Proverbs 16:1-2 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord. [2] All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the Lord weigheth the spirits.

“beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God...”
...he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,

1 Thessalonians 2:3-8 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile: [4] But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. [5] (he that searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit...is not what follows here “the mind of Christ”? ...For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness: [6] Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ. [7] But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children: [8] So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does speak to his children through His Word.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think that if God spoke it would be profound enough to warrant writing it in a book, for all the body to be edified.

You think that if God speaks something to you in prayer that it should be written in a book for everyone else to read? The same thing is going on with personal dreams.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think that if God speaks something to you in prayer that it should be written in a book for everyone else to read? The same thing is going on with personal dreams.

I'm already starting to get dizzy from going around in circles with the posters on this thread, I may have to pull myself out for a while, I'm working on personal stuff at home that might be more important at this point... but yeah, I don't think all of the following is meant for everyone:

Acts 2:17

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"

Status
Not open for further replies.