New Jerusalem A Pyramid?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gunther

May 9, 2009
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering if there was anything in scripture that would omit New Jerusalem being a pyramid. Zion is described many times as a mountain, which could be in pyramid shape. Christ is the Chief Cornerstone, which the top corner of the pyramid would be considered the chief of them all.I wonder if the angles of the Great Pyramid would correspond to New Jerusalem if they were calculated. We know the height, but it could be the length of the side going up to the top, couldn't it?I've been looking into the Great Pyramid and it is quite an amazing building, especially since it was built so many years ago and people really didn't have the technology to complete such an amazing structure.It is the most closely aligned building to true north that has ever been built. Man cannot duplicate its accuracy. The lengths are all propotionate to such measurements as the cirucmference of the earth, the distance to the sun, and many other amazing things. The weight is also propotionate to the earth. The more I study it, the more amazing it becomes.The inside tunnels could be seen to correspond to the Temple also.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006

gunther

May 9, 2009
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse most quoted is Is. 19:10, I think. The Great Pyramid is so amazing in many ways. I've been thinking about Christ being the chief cornerstone, and how would any of the cornerstones of a square building be considered "chief"? Unless He is considered all the cornerstones, or the reference could be to the top of the Pyramid which would naturally be the most important corner of the structure.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Jesus is also called the capstone (top) interestingly the capstone is missing from the top of the great Pryamid its made of Gold they found it but have never put it back on they were going to in the year 2000 to celebrate the millienial change but decided against it ...I found that curious as Legend has it when the capstone is returned to the Pryamid our Capstone (Christ)will returnAnd he is called the corner stone also the way I understand this is when they lay out the plan of a building they measure it out then place the Corner Stone the first and most important stone as it must be perfect the sucess of the building depends on it ...How like God this is first the plan of the ages was laid out measured then our corner stone (Christ) laid and he was perfect and the whole plan rests on him.

gunther

May 9, 2009
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had the verse wrong, It is Isaiah 19:19.Thanks for your input, it seems that in some verses, Jesus is the capstone and in some He is the cornerstone. How fitting that He would be the first and the last, The Alpha and Omega.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I had the verse wrong, It is Isaiah 19:19.Thanks for your input, it seems that in some verses, Jesus is the capstone and in some He is the cornerstone. How fitting that He would be the first and the last, The Alpha and Omega.
yep thats it and I love your observation of first and last The Alpha and Omega.
biggrin.gif

gunther

May 9, 2009
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem to go with the established pattern to have the Temple, which is the Holy One situated on top of New Jerusalem for that would be the natural place to light the whole city, our sun overhead being a type and shadow.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry for not posting on this topic quite yet, but I turned it over in my mind.New Jerusalem could certainly be a pyramid given the description. It is, firstly, described as having a square base with three gates on each side (for a total of 12 gates). Curiously, I almost immediately thought of a prism, which is well known for the spectacular way that light is reflected through it, symbolic of perhaps the Shekinah Glory of Father (remember the rainbow?).
Revelation 21:11Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Revelation 21:16And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
12,000 x 12,000 = 144,000(That would be the area of the square, baring God's hallmark with numbers, and the 144,000 aforementioned in Revelation.)I'm trying to work out the math in my mind, so let me verify that...

gunther

May 9, 2009
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your thoughts. Most people I've talked to immediately oppose the idea, probably because of a lot of negative or misunderstood information. I'm not completely sold on the idea but think it is very interesting. The most important things are how we treat our brothers and sisters and worship the Holy One, but I find it amazing and interesting to look at things that have been told to us in the Word.One thing I read was that the Great Pyramid originally had polished limestones as a covering that were very brilliant to look at. The people surrounding it took off the outer covering to use in building their cities. It was said that there were 144,000 stones that were used in this outer casing. Perhaps that represents the attack upon the people of the temple which will one day be restored.