Was Noah's flood global?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I’m kind off on an island with this, but observe the following…

The Differences between the two creation events​
In Genesis chapter One
They all (plural) were CREATED.
Created is Hebrew word #1254 bara'
"...male and female created he them"
(Gen 1:27)​
But in Genesis chapter Two
Adam alone (singular) is FORMED
Formed is Hebrew word #3335 yatsar
"...in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed."
(Gen 2:8)​
They are created male and female at the same time. No 'Adam's Rib' here!​
Adam is formed some time before Eve.
She later being made from him.​
They were simply created, human and mortal.
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"(Heb 9:27).​
Adam given the breath of life, became a living soul.
(Adam would have lived forever had he not fell - see Gen 6:3 "for that he also is flesh"). Ask yourself, "also," as in whom else?​
They are told to multiply.
"...Be fruitful and multiply..." (Gen 1:28)
No such command is given to Adam and Eve
(Adam's family was told to multiply after the flood; i.e., Noah's family was told in Gen 9:1).​
Mankind given dominion over animals and fish.​
Adam was a farmer.​
The animals were wild animals and the plants were wild plants. No names given.​
They were domestic animals and crop plants.
Adam named these.​
There was not yet rain.​
"...went up a mist from the earth..."(Gen 2:6)​
The creation was completed. All the various
races, men and women alike, were created.
THEN ------ >>>​
But after that, in Gen 2:5, God saw that He "did not have a man to till the ground" (farmer).
So God then FORMED Adam.​

But probably the most striking evidence that Genesis chapter Oneand Genesis chapter Two are not speaking of the same event would be:

This immediately dismisses the misconception that the account in Gen 2 is merely a deeper explanation of the events in Gen 1, as many will say and teach. For if it were, then God 'messed up' on the order of His creation, which is of course impossible. When God and man are at variance, man is always wrong and God always right. Let's now go to the Creation Scriptures themselves for further evidence and documentation.

Will disagree…
Considering the Big Picture…
Who, what, when, why, how….

Reactions: The Learner

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truthnightmare ~
Side note. Some years ago I located a diary of my G+ grandfathers brother, he wrote during his participation the Us Civil war. Personally it was interesting to me since much was detailed about the entire family (parents, 16 children, 5 sons in the war.)…
point being, the writing was in pencil, in a small booklet, in primitive cursive….with Zero punctuation, and at times difficult to keep straight one event from another, in the war, and folks at home. For my own pleasure, I kept the original copies of the diary along with 137 pages I typed on full page paper…making paragraphs and punctuations….and additionally added graphs to my pages specific to each family member, and photos as I was able to secure.
Today we simply have to take writing styles from hundreds of years ago, as they saw fit in what manner to reveal the knowledge.

God Bless you,
Taken
I’m not going to read this until I get home, have a feeling it’s rather interesting…
God bless TTYL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who….

Who was Cain afraid of when he was kicked off the land? Adam? Eve?

Cain was afraid of his own relatives, (brothers, sisters, nephews, and nieces,), who at any time might see him, seek after him, take revenge against him, plot his demise.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain was afraid of his own relatives, (brothers, sisters, nephews, and nieces,), who at any time might see him, seek after him, take revenge against him, plot his demise.
And when he; Cain got to Nod (ancient Mongolia) found a wife and built a city with those same family members?

The Hebrew is very clear on this, and within its clarity we are told God created mankind and later God formed, not created a special man the haa-adam.

How do you justify the following which was presented…

In Gen 1, the plants and animals were created BEFOREman(kind) was created.

In Gen 2, the plants and animals were formed AFTER the man Adam was formed.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many years passed from the flood and that event?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when he; Cain got to Nod (ancient Mongolia) found a wife and built a city with those same family members?

The Hebrew is very clear on this, and within its clarity we are told God created mankind and later God formed, not created a special man the haa-adam.

How do you justify the following which was presented…

In Gen 1, the plants and animals were created BEFOREman(kind) was created.

In Gen 2, the plants and animals were formed AFTER the man Adam was formed.
interesting says very tired one.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am in a lot of shoulder and back pain ---- fell out of bed last night and injured top of my head.

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Hope you can find relief for your physical discomfort. Maybe consider some solutions/ options to prevent another occurrence of falling out of bed from happening again??

God Bless you,

Taken

• Love

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many years passed from the flood and that event?

Flood, and “that event” (Cain killing his brother Able, then leaving Noah’s clan)…

How many year’s having passed?
I don’t know.

Scripture does not directly highlight that information.

I suppose one could do a study and try to figure out “years time span”, buy what years are mentioned, and conclude a speculative answer.

Not my interest. Don’t think that was the point, rather the point being Cain being separated from Noah’s Clan….which would mean Cain being separated from Noah’s teaching of Gods Word.

Glory to God,
Taken

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a global Food. If it had been local, would Noah & his family have been in the Ark for a year? The waters would have drained off, if it were local.
Also, if it were local, Noah & his fam could have just moved to another area.

Here is a thread from another website:

• Wow

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a global Food. If it had been local, would Noah & his family have been in the Ark for a year? The waters would have drained off, if it were local.
Also, if it were local, Noah & his fam could have just moved to another area.

Here is a thread from another website:

As I can understand how many see a global flood, the text and the narrative seems to indicate local. And this is accompanied by things we now know.

Noah and his family was a specific race, a pedigree if you will. If what you state is true would mean two people of one race can create another.