• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
It seems strange that this is at the bottom and not the top. An introduction should be the first thing a new member does. Anyway, I'm a 61-year-old grandpa transplanted from Michigan to Florida. I've been a born again Christian since May 18, 1963. I've been to Bible college but ran out of money and had to leave after three semesters. I've been in the Air Force and wish I had stayed in and retired. As it is I'm retired from the VA Medical Center in Battle Creek, Michigan with 35 years of federal service. I got tired of the cold in Michigan and moved to Florida in 2005. I have no intention of going back except to visit in the summer.I was just in what I thought was a Christian forum. I made that mistake because of the name faithspace. I was asked why I thought it was Christian. I forgot that people have faith in a lot of things other than God and His word. I guess we're never too old to learn.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Jon-MarcWelcome to CB glad to have you join us. Must admit I a little confused as to why someone would swap a little cold for bugs, gators, and hurricanes (lol) But each to his own:)The good news is we are a Christain web site. Please let me know if you have any questions just click my name and send private message Hope to see you around the boardGod Bless kriss

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Welcome Jon-Marc to Christianity Board. Hope thou enjoy thy stay here and learn the Word more.
smile.gif
Lovest thou in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.
smile.gif

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I haven't seen a gator or a hurricane since I've been down here (two years this August). I have seen bugs I never saw before., and they have awful big cockroaches. They have the most irritating (but harmless) bugs called Lovebugs. They're called that because you usually see a male and a female hooked together (use your imagination as to what they're doing:rolleyes: ) and flying rather clumsily. However, what I traded the cold for was warmth. I have been in an outdoor swimming pool in the winter. I could never do that in Michigan without breaking the ice first.:eek: I can even go for a walk in the winter in shorts and a T shirt. Try that during a Michigan winter.:eek: Mosquitoes are terrible in Michigan during the summer, but I have yet to see (or feel) any here. One just has to weigh the pros against the cons, and there are far more pros than cons to living in Florida vs living in Winter Wonder Land--where winter lasts 6 months, and you wonder if it's ever going to end.