new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The legalism...is that you must believe a particular doctrine...as OSAS

Some say “ Jesus Saves.Period.

Some say “ Jesus Saves— BUT”

The guy that includes that “But” is a Legalist.....They Have to ADD to Paul's Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing because even though they “ might” think that the Blood of Jesus is” Essential” for Salvation they can’t muster up the Faith and Trust to Believe that the Blood Alone is “ Adequate” for Salvation....

Listen friends.....the Song has it Right....it really is “ Nothing But The Blood” for Salvation..

If you go beyond that, you are in dangerous Territory....to borrow from Jeff Foxworthy—- If you go beyond “ Nothing But the Blood of Jesus”—- you just might be a Legalist!”

Reactions: HisLife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-Love the Lord with your whole heart and soul

Nobody does this— nobody “ CAN” do this.... best you go find a “ loophole” .....God provided one.....it’s called Paul’s Gospel Of Grace .....you can find it in 1Cor15:1-4.....don’t ADD to it ....REST in it, or God will declare you guilty of “ Disobedience and Unbelief”.....

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is a moral religion, a prescribed character that is defined by description and example throughout the New Testament.

Islam is Also a “ Moral Religion” ...why not just go with “ it” ....it could get you out if “ tithing” If nothing else.....and if your “ good” deeds outweigh your “ bad” deeds —- you are IN!
Hell will be Chock- Full Of “ Moral” people ....you know why? God ain’t looking for “ Moral” people —- he ain’t impressed with “,Good Neighbor Sam” .....

God Demands “PERFECT” People .....Nobody can be “perfect” except Jesus.....The only Hope Anybody has is to get that “perfection” Imputed to them ....Do That by RESTING in Paul’s Gospel, Found In 1Cor15:1-4.....( make sure you don’t add to it —- thats how one “Falls from Grace” .....that “ could” mean Damnation....MANY here need to pray that that is NOT the case..THAT “ Narrow Path” could turn out to be REaLLY Narrow.......

Wrong again! There is nothing in Christianity...the message of Christ and the Apostles does not suggest perfection. We are human. But that does not mean that we cannot try to be good as we can possibly be. That is the message. We do our best to be good and Christ will take up the slack. We try and we fail and we ask for forgiveness and He is faithful to forgive us. That does not mean we live evil and sinful lifestyles, that is not trying.

I do not sin much because I think it is stupid. God defines sin...not because He does not want us to enjoy life. Life is a series of decisions...we can make every mistake possible. Hurt ourselves and others without thought. God teaches us morals so that we do not have to make every mistake possible...The wisdom of God teaches us what we should not do, so that we do not have to suffer through every possible mistake. There is no up side to sin. It is possible to be good. Is is possible to lead a life with little sin. And that is all God can expect from any of us. But you have to try and we learn from out mistakes, not make it a lifestyle. Be Good and do good. It is a possibility and that is what we should strive for. Paul called us saints and we can be saints. All you have to do is be determined and make that a lifestyle. From the beginning God made it clear....sin sits at our door and its desire is for us...it is up to us to be the master of our lives. Be Good and do good.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you out of your mind! Or are you trying to lie to people again?
Colossians and Corinthians are Paul's letters to churches.
And then John and Peter backs him up.

So who do you think wrote these scriptures.....?
1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness,

2nd Corinthians 5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Rom:1:32: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Rom:6:12: Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Or do you discount them because they come from the proposed "legalist" section of the Bible?

Nope....your verses are taken out Of context —- as are ALL the verses that Legalists trot out to prove one can lose their Salvation ....either that or their “ proof verses” are not things being addressed to the Body Of Christ....Your side has roughly 200 verses that “ seem” to support your Doctrine—- all of them suffer from the Flaws that I pointed out. My side has roughly twice that amount ( 400 or so) that are clear and beyond dispute, I.e. “ Anybody that asks to be Saved WILL be saved”. How does a Sane man argue with that? He doesn’t.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope....your verses are taken out Of context —- as are ALL the verses that Legalists trot out to prove one can lose their Salvation ....either that or their “ proof verses” are not things being addressed to the Body Of Christ....Your side has roughly 200 verses that “ seem” to support your Doctrine—- all of them suffer from the Flaws that I pointed out. My side has roughly twice that amount ( 400 or so) that are clear and beyond dispute, I.e. “ Anybody that asks to be Saved WILL be saved”. How does a Sane man argue with that? He doesn’t.

Wrong again. Your thinking is stinking. Christianity is not a religion of sin. The Bible does not have a section that condones sinning or that sinning will be rewarded...evildoers go to hell. There is not a legalist section of the Bible. And you are right anyone can be saved but saved in not a ticket to heaven...that would mean that there is no reason for Judgment Day. Any "sane man" would understand that heaven will not be filled with evildoers....hell is reserved for those that do evil.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would question how much the writers of dictionaries understand the Ways Of God

Regardless, I think for our purposes we need to be more concerned about the Greek words that were translated to “ Repentance” by the translators....

“Metanoia” is the Greek Word That the translators chose to say meant “ repent” .....It’s a fact that “ metanoia” does NOT mean “ repent from sins” . The word literally means “ mind-change” .....The Unbeliever needs to “ change his mind “ about Jesus —— if you think He never existed.....if you think that “ maybe” He existed.....if you think that He was a man that was just a “ good and wise man”, But NOT the Savior Of Mankind who was God in the Flesh —— you had better “ change your mind” about that and become a Believer That Jesus was who He said He was....One can try to “ repent “ by being sorry for sins, having remorse for sins, doing your best to abandon sins or whatever else you want to do with them.....if you don’t believe that Jesus “ died” for those and that He rose from the Grave, you may have become more “ moral” , but you never became Saved.....
And your qualifications for translating Greek are? Let me guess, ZERO maybe?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's so hard about the Spirit of God moving out of a person as easy as He moved in to them?

Simple.....it would make God a Liar....” Those That come to me— I shall NEVER cast out?” or perhaps you would prefer “ this” one——“ I will NEVER Leave you or Forsake you”....

Wow, Ferris....you are really slipping....anybody could refute your silly position with their eyes closed....it really “ IS” like “shooting fish in a barrel” with you these days....are you okay? Try cutting the dosage in half, maybe....lol....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but saved in not a ticket to heaven.

Wow. How does anybody argue with something this Ignorant...

I ain’t wasting my time with ‘ this” guy anymore....

Waiter !! Check please !! .....lol....

.At the risk of repeating myself: wow.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your qualifications for translating Greek are? Let me guess, ZERO maybe?

You have guessed correctly .....I know even less about Greek than “ you “ do about the True Gospel Of Paul that saves....one does not have to be a Greek Scholar to read a Greek Translation—- you ever hear of a “ Lexicon”, Poindexter?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have guessed correctly .....I know even less about Greek than “ you “ do about the True Gospel Of Paul that saves....one does not have to be a Greek Scholar to read a Greek Translation—- you ever hear of a “ Lexicon”, Poindexter?
So stop trying to translate our Bibles to please you. Remember, your license to sin has been revoked.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but saved in not a ticket to heaven.

Wow. How does anybody argue with something this Ignorant...

I ain’t wasting my time with ‘ this” guy anymore....

Waiter !! Check please !! .....lol....

.At the risk of repeating myself: wow.
Not a ticket to heaven.
You have a whole life to live...at the end, Judgment Day....being saved is not a rubber stamp.
If you want to go to heaven...be good and do good...that only makes sense.
Heaven is for good people, hell is for bad people.
Not hard to understand.

Reactions: kcnalp

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again. Your thinking is stinking. Christianity is not a religion of sin. The Bible does not have a section that condones sinning or that sinning will be rewarded...evildoers go to hell. There is not a legalist section of the Bible. And you are right anyone can be saved but saved in not a ticket to heaven...that would mean that there is no reason for Judgment Day. Any "sane man" would understand that heaven will not be filled with evildoers....hell is reserved for those that do evil.

Lost people “ want” to be Judged....that’s why God gives them a “ Judgement Day”.....Countless Multitudes Of Fools think they are “ good enough” because they Lived “ good “, lives. At least they were not as bad as those guys that sit in Jail Cells...... They will be shouting, “ I did this and I did that ! —- give me what I deserve! God will accommodate all of them....He will give them what they “ deserve”...... can you say “ Hell?”.... If so, go to the head of the class.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the message of Christ and the Apostles does not suggest perfection

Think again, Chester,......Jesus Speaking: “ You are to be PERFECT, even as your Father in Heaven is Perfect.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again! There is nothing in Christianity...the message of Christ and the Apostles does not suggest perfection. We are human. But that does not mean that we cannot try to be good as we can possibly be. That is the message. We do our best to be good and Christ will take up the slack. We try and we fail and we ask for forgiveness and He is faithful to forgive us. That does not mean we live evil and sinful lifestyles, that is not trying.

I do not sin much because I think it is stupid. God defines sin...not because He does not want us to enjoy life. Life is a series of decisions...we can make every mistake possible. Hurt ourselves and others without thought. God teaches us morals so that we do not have to make every mistake possible...The wisdom of God teaches us what we should not do, so that we do not have to suffer through every possible mistake. There is no up side to sin. It is possible to be good. Is is possible to lead a life with little sin. And that is all God can expect from any of us. But you have to try and we learn from out mistakes, not make it a lifestyle. Be Good and do good. It is a possibility and that is what we should strive for. Paul called us saints and we can be saints. All you have to do is be determined and make that a lifestyle. From the beginning God made it clear....sin sits at our door and its desire is for us...it is up to us to be the master of our lives. Be Good and do good.

You are preaching to the choir, friend..Nobody is a bigger fan of “ doing good” than ol’ BB.....it is the Main Reason that God crested us ! The Wiser a man is , the more Obedient and Good he will try to be....God will bless him for it !

Obedience and being good are Great! It just is not on the Menu as Far as Salvation is concerned....we are not Saved by “ being good”......we are Saved by Turning to God ( the repentance that saves) with Faith in Jesus Christ Plus Nothing...

RESt in the Gospel Of Grace.....That will get the Holy Spirit in you....that Indwelling Spirit , If you let it hang around long enough, will Transform you into a person that “ finds” himself being and doing “ good” ....
Without even trying..it will come naturally....just quit “ trying” and start “ trusting”.... the difference-is Everything....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be Good and do good.

You nailed it .....just don’t do it to Get Saved .....don't do it in order to STAY Saved....Faith in Jesus will take care of that...

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The legalism...is that you must believe a particular doctrine...as OSAS

Some say “ Jesus Saves.Period.

Some say “ Jesus Saves— BUT”

The guy that includes that “But” is a Legalist.....They Have to ADD to Paul's Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing because even though they “ might” think that the Blood of Jesus is” Essential” for Salvation they can’t muster up the Faith and Trust to Believe that the Blood Alone is “ Adequate” for Salvation....

Listen friends.....the Song has it Right....it really is “ Nothing But The Blood” for Salvation..

If you go beyond that, you are in dangerous Territory....to borrow from Jeff Foxworthy—- If you go beyond “ Nothing But the Blood of Jesus”—- you just might be a Legalist!”
Christ's death and resurrection is what he did for us, but you forget the 50 commandments he gave us in the Sermon on the Mount. Why did he do that?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Christ's death and resurrection is what he did for us, but you forget the 50 commandments he gave us in the Sermon on the Mount. Why did he do that?

He was Teaching His Heavenly kingdom to his people, Did they accept it? He also told his disciples after to Buy a Sword

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@HisLife EXCUSE me... but did you break your sunglasses?? Why would you deny me the glorious view of you??

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Never mind... found a photograph.... LOL
iu