new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see these as admonitions and I see them as Exortations... encouragements. If you have given up on BB then you should maybe also give up on trying to convince me... as I shall not be moved.... I am SECURE in my SALVATION and I PRAISE my ALMIGHTY and SOVEREIGN LORD.

These exortations are like saying ... chin up... be of good cheer...
Look at them either way, but as we can see 'keep believing' is not adding to the atonement. If it was, the Bible would not be telling us to keep believing.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To which I would add......Grace spurs Freedom....Freedom spurs Love.....Love spurs Obedience .....Love is the “Engine” that Provides the Life Of everything that counts in one’s Christian Walk...
And so where we do not see obedience (ever increasing obedience), ultimately, that shows there is no grace present to drive that obedience. Pretty simple. But Osas type 2, the new Osas, erroneously says that's a works gospel.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Look at them either way, but as we can see 'keep believing' is not adding to the atonement. If it was, the Bible would not be telling us to keep believing.
NO... it is NOT the same thing... Looking at those with the title of admonitions is way different than looking at them as exhortations or encouragements... that is where the works come in.... to keep believing... to make sure you stay alert... it's all works. That is adding to the
ATONEMENT.... if you HAVE to do it... it becomes a command... an order.... Exhortation is to ENCOURAGE... Admonition is to WARN and CORRECT.... VERY different beasts...

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I gave up on YOU, lol. Not the real gospel of faith in Christ.

That would be a “ Gospel” That you are unfamiliar with....

The True Gospel is what God has done for Lost,Sinful Man.....

“ Your Gospel” is what Man does for God—- he gives up “ Willful Sinning” or perhaps if he can’t entirely abandon “ that”, he at least makes sure that he REPENTS of it before he dies, thus getting back to damnable beliefs of “ Lucky Repentance” That used to be preached by your religious buddy, justbyfaithplusluckyrepentance.....Looks like he left this place.....I thought you hinted around for a time that “ you” were leaving—— what’s the hold-up ?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were told in a pm that BB is a reprobate?? Is that not gossip ??
Was it God who told you what BB's spiritual condition is?? If so... WOW.
Yes, God has shown me who has ears to hear and who does not. And that people who contradict passages like Galatians 5:21 are to be considered unbelievers. I don't think Paul was lying in that verse, do you?

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm off to the beach.... Have a nice day... including BB the reprobate.... I want my steak medium rare... with baked potato... sour cream... and bacon bits... asparagus would be nice... but I will settle for broccoli too.... oh ... and a nice salad with fresh greens... THANKS.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so where we do not see obedience (ever increasing obedience), ultimately, that shows there is no grace present to drive that obedience. Pretty simple. But Osas type 2, the new Osas, erroneously says that's a works gospel.

No , it doesn’t , and I am sick of wasting valuable computer ink to try to explain it to “ blind Guides”

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO... it is NOT the same thing... Looking at those with the title of admonitions is way different than looking at them as exhortations or encouragements... that is where the works come in.... to keep believing... to make sure you stay alert... it's all works. That is adding to the
ATONEMENT.... if you HAVE to do it... it becomes a command... an order.... Exhortation is to ENCOURAGE... Admonition is to WARN and CORRECT.... VERY different beasts...
"I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:21

How is continuing to live in your old life, on purpose, even remotely represent the faith that justifies, the faith that "expresses itself through love" Galatians 5:6?

Isn't it rather the faith that expresses itself through obedience to God's commands, summed up in 'love your neighbor as yourself' that represents the faith that justifies? Of course it is.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is continuing to live in your old life, on purpose, even remotely represent the faith that justifies, the faith that "expresses itself through love" Galatians 5:6?

Isn't it rather the faith that expresses itself through obedience to God's commands, summed up in 'love your neighbor as yourself' that represents the faith that justifies? Of course it is.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That used to be preached by your religious buddy, justbyfaithplusluckyrepentance.....Looks like he left this place.
Look at the torment you're imprisoned by. Start living the faith you claim you have and let your grudge go. He hasn't been here in weeks and your rage is still evident, lol! You're a prisoner, friend. You know, I've heard the grace of God can set you free from that.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God has shown me who has ears to ear and who does not. And that people who contradict passages like Galatians 5:21 are to be considered unbelievers. I don't think Paul was lying in that verse, do you?

*Yawn*...... read the next chapter.....back in Pauls day , there WAS no chapter and verse....you need to continue reading ....you are quoting out Of context .....The very next Chapter talks about BELIEVERS that have “ been overtaken by Sin”.....

It’s nap time.....I’ll get back to this later....maybe....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*Yawn*...... read the next chapter.....back in Pauls day , there WAS no chapter and verse....you need to continue reading ....you are quoting out Of context .....The very next Chapter talks about BELIEVERS that have “ been overtaken by Sin”.....

It’s nap time.....I’ll get back to this later....maybe....
We know that any believer that goes back to 'living like this' needs to be restored so they can be saved when Jesus comes back (1 Corinthians 5:5). So what point were you trying to make?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB, you have to ask yourself why are you so defensive about sin. Don't give me that line about being a warrior for Christ, lol. Are you living in purposeful sin? You've got baggage and it shows. I'm guessing you haven't resolved some things in your life. If you're struggling with sin that's one thing. God has that. But if you're purposely living in unprovoked sin you're probably not saved. I'm just telling you the truth. Don't deceive yourself. Just get it right with God if you still can.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not going anywhere. I want to continue to be a source of torment to your hateful and unforgiving soul, lol!

You got baggage, dude. And it shows. And it's not good baggage, lol.

You think you “ torment” me? Now “ HERE “ is where I can Sincerely use your one and only faithful expression—— namely—— lol...lol...lol...lol...lol..lol...lol...lol... ad infinitum....lol.....

The only people you “ Torment” are Newbies to the Faith that you put Burdens upon that do not have the Scriptural Knowledge and AMMO to defend themselves and even realize that you lead them to “ Fall From Grace” and live out the Beggarly Life Of a mere Religionist.... I exist to give it to them....and God blesses me for it.....in a backwards way, you Enhance my Life....thanks! Lol....lol...lol...lol....lol...lol...