new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and I have communicated with you from the get go that I feel your respect... in how you carry yourself. You appear to be humble in your approach... I have no beef with you... we are good you and me.
I appreciate that, a lot. I love and respect you, too, in the Lord. And I'm making it a point to guard our relationship carefully. Because that's what's important. That's what counts above and beyond our theological differences.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't like what you are selling... LOL
Surely, you agree with me that the believer must continue to believe, right? That used to be so foundational and beyond debate in the Christian faith, but somewhere around in the '90s it got popular to think grace meant you don't even have to continue to believe in Christ to be saved when he comes back.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not so arrogant as to think that I could possible be GOOD enough to even sit in HIS SHADOW... let alone approach the Throne room with full permission.
None of us think that. Only the righteousness of God put in place of our guilt makes us worthy to enter God's presence. Lost people inhabiting the lost churches of the world are the ones who think they are doing things that earns them a place in the presence of God. I attended those churches growing up. Then I got born again and now I rub shoulders with other real Christians. Not perfect ones. Not ones who agree with me theologically on all the stupid issues we argue about. But ones who know the difference between being saved by having your sins forgiven, and earning salvation through doing works.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Surely, you agree with me that the believer must continue to believe, right? That used to be so foundational and beyond debate in the Christian faith, but somewhere around in the '90s it got popular to think grace meant you don't even have to continue to believe in Christ to be saved when he comes back.
OH Ferris.... You beckon me to keep talking... LOL
What I believe is that God has promised to finish within me what HE has begun... which is a GOOD WORK. I don't focus on me... It's all HIM... HE sees everything...knows everything...has a perfect time for everything... and while on earth... we are all works in progress... People do not understand the supernatural event that takes place at the time of conversion... when the sinner becomes a Child of God... by adding what you are stating this thing... a believer must "keep" believing... you are tainting the ATONEMENT... you are ADDING to it.

I am not able to do that... it is mocking what CHRIST has done... That is how I see it... God is the one who will finish me... IT is HIS promise.
What I give to HIM is my gratitude... praise... thanksgiving ... devotion... love... None of that is based on ME... but on my AWE of HIM.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about the original Osas from the 1500's, and the new Osas. The original Osas taught that if you really are saved you will never stop believing and you will never go back to your old life of sin. If you do you are showing yourself to have never been born again in the first place. The new Osas teaches you can go back to your old life of sin in complete unbelief and you are still saved. BB uses 1 Corinthians 6:12 to prove that you can go back to the willful sin of your old life in unbelief, as bad as that is, and you remain saved.

This is a Lie.

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I've understand the argument correctly to be, 'It's bad, and you shouldn't do it, but you can sin all you want, and even not believe anymore and you are still saved'.

Another Mischaracterization of what I teach..... Bastardized to the point of just being another one of his lies...

Reactions: marks

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love God too much to INSULT the ATONEMENT by thinking I need to ADD to it.
Me too. But I also love God too much to insult the atonement by purposely doing the things he saved me from. Sometimes I do them because I get deceived, or I'm enticed unwillingly to do them again, or I'm just tired and not on guard, but one thing I do not do is show contempt for God's grace by purposely and willingly without the devil's enticement live in my old life. I HATE my old life. I never want to go back there. There's no joy of the Lord there. It's a bleak desert. I don't know why some real Christians do choose to do that, except that perhaps they have yet to really experience the much more attractive land of the love and joy of the Holy Spirit.

THAT is simple... and well understood... Sadly... far too many Christians have fallen for the lies of legalism.
Not real Christians. Not for long anyway. Ultimately, only unbelievers think salvation is earned by the merit of good works. That's why I don't get overly concerned about them. They exist in their version of Christianity far from ours in their easily identifiable Church names. But the sneakiness of the hyper grace gospel is what has slipped in unawares in the true church in these last 30 years or so....

"...certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you." Jude 1:4
It happened in Jude's day. It's happening again.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB is in the house... THANK you for rescuing me... LOL

Who needs “ me” when you have God’s Word and God's Spirit In you? “ If God be for you— who can be against you?” “ No weapon formed against you shall prosper” Give some people enough rope and the will hang themselves.

The Confused and possibly “ Lost” “ justbyfaithplusluckyrepentance“ appears to have been driven off of this site, thanks to the Truth Of The Gospel Of Grace That He could not handle..... “good riddance” to another “ Accursed” preacher of False , Perverted ” Gospels” and even Mr. Bueller appears to grow weaker each day....perhaps he will go to the “ Religionist’s Paradise” —- The “ Narrow Way “ where he will feel more at home—- it’s a great place for Legalists to gather and “ preen”...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by adding what you are stating this thing... a believer must "keep" believing... you are tainting the ATONEMENT... you are ADDING to it.

I am not able to do that... it is mocking what CHRIST has done... That is how I see it.
So the Bible is telling us to add to the atonement? ↓↓

"...let us hold firmly to what we profess." Hebrews 4:14

"...let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you." 1 John 2:24

"Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess..." Hebrews 10:23
I don't think any of these admonitions in the Bible to keep believing is tainting the atonement or adding to it.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who needs “ me” when you have God’s Word and God's Spirit In you? “ If God be for you— who can be against you?” “ No weapon formed against you shall prosper” Give some people enough rope and the will hang themselves.

The Confused and possibly “ Lost” “ justbyfaithplusluckyrepentance“ appears to have been driven off of this site, thanks to the Truth Of The Gospel Of Grace That He could not handle..... “good riddance” to another “ Accursed” preacher of False , Perverted ” Gospels” and even Mr. Bueller appears to grow weaker each day....perhaps he will go to the “ Religionist’s Paradise” —- The “ Narrow Way “ where he will feel more at home—- it’s a great place for Legalists to gather and “ preen”...

I gave up on you, BB.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think any of these admonitions in the Bible to keep believing is tainting the atonement or adding to it.
You see these as admonitions and I see them as Exortations... encouragements. If you have given up on BB then you should maybe also give up on trying to convince me... as I shall not be moved.... I am SECURE in my SALVATION and I PRAISE my ALMIGHTY and SOVEREIGN LORD.

These exortations are like saying ... chin up... be of good cheer...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us think that. Only the righteousness of God put in place of our guilt makes us worthy to enter God's presence. Lost people inhabiting the lost churches of the world are the ones who think they are doing things that earns them a place in the presence of God. I attended those churches growing up. Then I got born again and now I rub shoulders with other real Christians. Not perfect ones. Not ones who agree with me theologically on all the stupid issues we argue about. But ones who know the difference between being saved by having your sins forgiven, and earning salvation through doing works.

Blind guide. You “ Earn” your Salvation because you think you avoid “ willful sins”...... simply because you can’t or won’t relax that stiff- neck of yours and try to understand Hebrews 10.....your entire doctrine of the Bible is “ turned on it’s head” because of one “Humongous” Error.....It has turned out to be your big “ stumbling block”, and it has you in more jeopardy than you realize...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave up on you, BB.

PRAISE THE LORD! Now, hopefully Newbies will no longer have to be exposed to your False, Perverted “ Gospel” and they won’t have to endure the consequences from “Falling from Grace”...They can graduate to actually BELIEVING the Gospel Of 1 Cor15:1-4—- you know.....that first little part that says that “ Jesus died for your sins”..... God says if you don’t Rest in that Truth, you are guilty of “ UNBELIEF” ......and “ DISOBEDIENCE”........ Serious stuff....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PRAISE THE LORD! Now, hopefully Newbies will no longer have to be exposed to your False, Perverted “ Gospel” and they won’t have to endure the consequences from “Falling from Grace”...They can graduate to actually BELIEVING the Gospel Of 1 Cor15:1-4—- you know.....that first little part that says that “ Jesus died for your sins”..... God says if you don’t Rest in that Truth, you are guilty of “ UNBELIEF” ......and “ DISOBEDIENCE”........ Serious stuff....
No, I gave up on YOU, lol. Not the real gospel of faith in Christ.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blind guide. You “ Earn” your Salvation because you think you avoid “ willful sins”...... simply because you can’t or won’t relax that stiff- neck of yours and try to understand Hebrews 10.....your entire doctrine of the Bible is “ turned on it’s head” because of one “Humongous” Error.....It has turned out to be your big “ stumbling block”, and it has you in more jeopardy than you realize...
See? After all this time you still think not going back to your old life of sin is working to earn your salvation. Instead of what it actually is.....faith in Christ. But I was told in a PM that you are a reprobate which means you are incapable of seeing the truth. What God has closed no one can open. You are what you are.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the new believer...

GRACE = FREEDOM = ETERNAL LIFE

WORKS = SLAVERY = DEATH

To which I would add......Grace spurs Freedom....Freedom spurs Love.....Love spurs Obedience .....Love is the “Engine” that Provides the Life Of everything that counts in one’s Christian Walk...

Reactions: Addy