new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodness.. a ten minute walk along the beach and lookie what has transpired...

It's funny @Ferris Bueller how the two of us see BB in such a different light...
I admit he is sarcastic and sometimes goes over board with his wit... I believe he will admit
that himself... HE is passionate about sharing the gospel of GRACE...
I find him to be absolutely delightful... so I guess that makes me a reprobate also.

I do not see a defensive person... this is not the proper arena to judge the walk... this is a debate forum...both sides in this thread
have hit below the belt... It is the legalists who live their TRUE lives FOCUSED on sin... everything is about being good... doing right... and watching how all the other Christians behave... busy bodies I call them... snoopy cops... sometimes I call them Pharisees.

You have not spoken truth to BB.. you have spoken death and a curse. That is what legalists are famous for. It makes them feel better about themselves somehow.

I think it's time to go for a long walk .... and turn off my computer.... This negative vibe of judgement is not a good place to be.

I have to admit that this is a site where I am constantly learning something every day ! Canada has beaches? Who would have thunk it, eh?

Reactions: HisLife and marks

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin and it's consequences. The curse.....

17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.”
Genesis 2:17​

"16To the woman He said: “I will sharply increase your pain in childbirth; in pain you will bring forth children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”17And to Adam He said: “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat, cursed is the ground because of you; through toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.18Both thorns and thistles it will yield for you, and you will eat the plants of the field.19By the sweat of your brow you will eat your bread, until you return to the ground—because out of it were you taken. For dust you are, and to dust you shall return.”
Genesis 3:16-19​

"...to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds." Titus 2:14​
Thank you!
Now in EPHESIANS 2:8

What is the unmerited favor?(grace)
And what are you saved from?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2....in verse 30

Peter says Save yourself from this untoward(crooked) generation...

What is it that they would be saved from?
Explain if you know.

All I can think about is anything outside of Christ....is not a life of peace

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe you. I really don't. I think you got lots of baggage you aren't admitting to. After all, you did plainly say you purposely sin.

I mean, let's be fair. If you can say I'm a sinful legalist......

We ALL got “ baggage”...... yours is a VERY dangerous one—— SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS ! Get over yourself....you are a MUCH worse Sinner than you think you are.....

90% of our sins are done on purpose....a man with ANY brains or Spiritual Insight KNOWS that....that is why I say I sometimes willfully sin....

Why do you always have to take these exaggerated “ leaps”...... do you really think that I go around murdering and raping people ? When I claim to commit “ willful sins” I am saying that most of the time when we say or do something wrong, many times there is a nano- Second that exist right before we do it that we inwardly know that it is wrong, yet we do it anyway—- sometimes , like Paul admitted—- we just can’t help ourselves....we want to do right , yet we are weak and do what is wrong....Every time you exceed the speed limit....every time you don’t stop completely at a stop sign.....every time you eat junk food that you know is slowly hurting your+body with too much salt, fat, or sugar ....every time you tell “ a little white lie” or in haste say something unkind to somebody—— you pretty much “ sin and know it” , in other words, you “ Sin Willfully”

This is the stuff I am talking about.....God help the man like me that says certain things simply to make a point and then those that have limited intelligence and have immature , wild imaginations that are eager to “ accuse the Brethren” take something and “ make a mountain out of a molehill “

It’s like when I call myself “ The Chief Of Sinners “ in here.Do you think that I Really believe I am worse than Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer or Adolf Hitler? Cant you see that I am trying to MAKE A POINT ! I am simply saying that I am a Sinner and I know that I am a Sinner and I have the brains and the humility to admit it...how about you?

My big mistake that I commit in here is that I overestimate the intelligence of some of the people in this audience ....some people just don’t understand irony or nuance .....they don’t “get “ me just like they dint “ get” the Gospel... I do not post for those types, anyway...... I post for “ uncommon people”..... especially for Newbies that come in here that have yet to be ruined by shallow- thinking Legalists that reject the Grace of God mainly because it has not been extended to them .....If you take all of this to be “ arrogance” , I can’t begin to tell you how little I care what label you put on me....all I do is fight for the Truth Of The Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing ....you are either with me or you are against me—— as I have said before — I believe and fight for the Doctrine Of “Nothing But the Blood” and I thank my Lord that I don’t find myself on the Wrong Side Of “ That” argument.....May God have mercy on those of you that do.....

Oh yeah, and as far as being “ nice and sweet” to my enemies like poor old jbf.......Did I ever accuse him of being a “ snake” or a member of a “ brood Of vipers !” Jesus accused HIS enemies of these things.....jbf’s “ mental problems” were probably demonic in nature.....he preached an “ Accursed” Gospel as do others in here....what do you expect to happen to them ? I keep telling you Religionists—- God won’t have it...

Having said that.....I do feel sorry for him.....I pray for him....and I hope the best for him....he just needs to do what he is always telling others to do—- “ Repent”......and I do NOT mean fir him to “ repent of sins” ..... he needs to “ change his mind” about his “ Gospel” Of “ Lucky Repentance”.... He will continue to live in torment until he abandons this folly ....

Reactions: HisLife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't mean we have carte blanche to do as we like, we are meant to separate ourselves from wordly things, but I do like your faith.
The problem is, we DON'T have carte blanche to do what we want. The body of flesh is always trying to get it's own way. What we want is righteousness and goodness and love. Isn't that true?

But the flesh wants what it wants, and so we have to sort out what's flesh and what is spirit, the new me.

You speak in terms of the permissibility for our contrary will to defy God. But what I see in the Bible, and it sure makes sense when I look at myself, is that my will has been restored to godliness, while my flesh hasn't. And from the time spent living in flesh, living the flesh life, the flesh mind sounds like my mind, because it used to be me, before I was reborn. And even now it sounds like me, except the thought of the mind of the flesh are not like my thoughts.

My thoughts are, I trust God, I know He loves me, I know He is here with me right now as I'm typing, taking an active role in my life. I'm not alone, I am loved by my Creator. He's promised to always be with me and I believe that.

My thoughts are meditations on His Word, and prayer, conversation with my Creator, rejoicing with thankfulness in my heart for my life and my day, like that.

Thoughts of the flesh mind are, how will I manage, what's going to happen, I don't want to do that again, how can I stop, I have to do something, get something, I need something so bad! This will never end, This is horrible, all wrong, I hate this, I can't stand this, I have to have that, like that. Of course there is so much we can add!

And we are to sort that out, recognizing which are spiritual and which are fleshy, and not let the fleshy thoughts captivate our minds and so lead us into sin.

He will remain in perfect peace, who's mind is anchored on the LORD. If I set my mind on Him, then I'm in the flow with His mind, the mind of Christ. I've found I don't need to take such an active role in my own life as I'm actively setting my mind on God. Simple things, like reminding myself He's here with me in His love for me. I'm His project, I'm being made to show God's glory and grace as He forms my eternal life.

I so look forward to when we do have the carte blanche to do what we want. What we, the children of God, want, more than anything! To be pleasing in the presence of God.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's really very simple... Christ died for my sins... all of them... I will praise HIS HOLY NAME... for HIS finished work on the cross...
He is the ONE who bore my sin... it has nothing to do with WHAT I DO.... What HE requires of me is not tied up in legalistic nonsense.
My devotion is to HIM and HIM alone... I am not so arrogant as to think that I could possible be GOOD enough to even sit in HIS SHADOW... let alone approach the Throne room with full permission.
I love God too much to INSULT the ATONEMENT by thinking I need to ADD to it... THAT is simple... and well understood... Sadly... far too many Christians have fallen for the lies of legalism.
Again, very well stated!

These others preach a form of self-effort to "maintain salvation". Oh, no, it's not works, they say, yet still maintaining that it's their own responsibility to keep hold onto Christ.

I find the same arrogance if I begin to presume that Jesus has not already fully rescued me, because no matter how you word it, or what you've become focused on, IF someone is saying this gift of grace may or may not save at the end, then God's not saved you, He's waiting to see if you're going to qualify yourself for that actual salvation.

Yes, I find it completely arrogant this idea that we are not fully and completely forgiven, all sin for all time, as if God would tolerate "some" sins, but not others, of as if I'm making up for my continued sins by my continuing repentence and confession. As if God would save part way and them maybe revoke that, based on something you did or didn't do? As if being saved by grace, we'd be completed in the flesh? Thinking we "complete" our faith?

Whether it's the "big 10" or your own private list of rules, living according to what you must and mustn't do, including, "You mustn't 'stop believing'" is living according to law, it incites the flesh, is contrary to faith, denying the gift of grace through Christ.

Rather, we rest . . . rest in the finished work of Christ on the cross.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to proceed to guess what anyone is thinking... I am responsible only for my thinking... This issue of OSAS vs You can lose your salvation ( I don't even know what they call it Conditional Salvation maybe ?? ) That to me is the corner stone of FAITH... Salvation is either a free gift or it isn't... It is either secure or it's not... I have spent 20 years agonizing over the threat and thought that Salvation can be lost...
It's a NASTY doctrine to state that Salvation is conditional to our behaviour.

I really think this pull between the two camps stems out of absolute RESENTMENT and JEALOUSY... Those who hold fast to the notion that they have to BE GOOD and DO GOOD to be approved and accepted are simply NOT happy with those of us who simply ACCEPT the Gift of Salvation.
In all honesty.... Sanctification is a SACRED place.... one that is between each believer and God... But the legalists are like those terrible helicopter parents... always hovering... always tampering... always correcting... it's a nasty affair.
Yes, this is again very Biblical. Those who have liberty in Christ, and those who want to put them back under subjugation. If they can take away your pure faith, they add a notch to their belts.

The child of promise is the son.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe you. I really don't. I think you got lots of baggage you aren't admitting to. After all, you did plainly say you purposely sin.

I mean, let's be fair. If you can say I'm a sinful legalist......
As if you don't sin on purpose? I'd don't believe that, just from what I've seen.

Yeah, let's DO be fair, shall we?

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I claim to commit “ willful sins” I am saying that most of the time when we say or do something wrong, many times there is a nano- Second that exist right before we do it that we inwardly know that it is wrong, yet we do it anyway—- sometimes
That's not the willfully sinning of Hebrews 10:26.

Willfully sinning is when you turn your back on Christ and you purposely sin because you don't care about Christ and his grace anymore. I believe God will check in with that person to make sure that's what they really want to do, and if it is, they're done. God removes his grace from them and all they have left to look forward to is the judgment of God's enemies.

.... do you really think that I go around murdering and raping people ?
Yes.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were Son conscious as you claim you would not be purposely living in sin as you claim you do (out the other side of your mouth, that is, lol).
"purposely living in sin"?

There's one for you.

But I suppose you didn't choose to write this?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As if you don't sin on purpose? I'd don't believe that, just from what I've seen.
↓↓↓
Willfully sinning is when you turn your back on Christ and you purposely sin because you don't care about Christ and his grace anymore. I believe God will check in with that person to make sure that's what they really want to do, and if it is, they're done. God removes his grace from them and all they have left to look forward to is the judgment of God's enemies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ferris... you are setting traps... We all sin... BB stated that when he sins... he places them on the cross... He has never stated that HE takes sin lightly... or feels that GRACE gives him permission to just sin because he is saved anyways.... THIS is an inaccurate accusation that is being thrown.. and it is very serious.

We need to listen and understand about people who act this way. He's been doing this consistenly all along. The fact that this is his behavior is significant towards understanding what's behind his behavior. This is not spirit.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then find a passage that states what one is saved for?
Saved from the Law of Sin and Death.

Romans 8:2 KJV
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks, you need not waste your time posting to me. I've given up on you, too.
And of course I realize you have a real issue with responding to my content, so I don't really have any expectation that you will actually engage with what I'm saying. Don't feel like you have to for my sake!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not the willfully sinning of Hebrews 10:26.

Quite the unbiblical definition of sin.

You may want to explore the matter more. All that is not of faith . . . the good you know to do and don't . . . these are sin. Even if we're talking about wearing the red shirt instead of the blue shirt, if your faith is telling you to wear the blue shirt, because you think the red one makes you look more attractive to the ladies.

Your misapplication of the Hebrews passage forces you to redefine sin to allow you to continue to call yourself a Christian. As if there were only one sin, when sin is actually the entirety of flesh life. Every thought of the flesh mind is sinful. Every act that follows is sin. All of it.

When you become reborn, you will have the power from God to not sin by trusting Him if you so choose, and to live the mind of Christ instead of the flesh mind.

Much love!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB is an arrogant, obnoxious, hateful person

I can’t “ STAND” people that “ beat around the bush “ ..... you need to find some backbone and tell us all what you “ really” think.......lol....

And he gets on “ me” because he thinks I was not sweet enough to a Gospel Perverter? Lol.....I made fun of justbyfaithplusluckyrepentance , but I’m not sure that I was “ this” mean to him.....can we all say..... “ hypocrisy ?” Lol...lol....lol....

Reactions: HisLife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB is an arrogant, obnoxious, hateful person

I can’t “ STAND” people that “ beat around the bush “ ..... you need to find some backbone and tell us all what you “ really” think.......lol....

And he gets on “ me” because he thinks I was not sweet enough to a Gospel Perverter? Lol.....I made fun of justbyfaithplusluckyrepentance , but I’m not sure that I was “ this” mean to him.....can we all say..... “ hypocrisy ?” Lol...lol....lol....
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

We do tend to reveal ourselves.

Much love!