new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Ferris Bueller I was commenting on the FREQUENT accusations that are thrown about CONDONING sin... or having as Cooper suggested... Carte Blanche... It's in so many posts.... It doesn't matter how many times someone says WE DON'T condone sin of any kind... it gets ignored and back for the next round of fighting...

In my opinion separating sin into categories... of small... medium... and BIGGIES ... or willful is in itself a problem and a convenient excuse for the legalists to REST in.... ALL sin is the same... and that is what part of the problem is here.... Many think some sins are worse than others... IN God's eyes... sin is sin... and none of it is ACCEPTABLE... so all these do gooders and law keepers.. are actually hypocrites because they end up hiding their sin... It becomes a huge cover up.... as long as I look good to the outside world... I must be good. SIN... SIN... SIN.... gotta watch out not to SIN SIN SIN... It's a nasty focus... and has most negative effects.

It seems the legalists really have a huge chip on their shoulders about HAVING to be GOOD..... they resent those who are resting and not hovering over everyone... simply enjoying the good life that Christ has given us.

My Sunday thoughts...

BBQ at BB's house.... BYOB ( Bring your own BIRD... .LOL )

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ferris Bueller I was commenting on the FREQUENT accusations that are thrown about CONDONING sin... or having as Cooper suggested... Carte Blanche... It's in so many posts.... It doesn't matter how many times someone says WE DON'T condone sin of any kind... it gets ignored and back for the next round of fighting.
I'm pretty sure I've understand the argument correctly to be, 'It's bad, and you shouldn't do it, but you can sin all you want, and even not believe anymore and you are still saved'.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do gooders and law keepers.. are actually hypocrites because they end up hiding their sin.
I personally don't know any Christians that believe their good works are earning their salvation. And as to the matter of hypocrisy, where I see it is in Christians of all denominations and beliefs who say they are Christians but who don't display any fruit of the Spirit. That is a problem across the board in all beliefs and all theologies. IMO, that is THE problem with the church today. While the church is busy arguing about meaningless doctrines it remains oblivious to that which actually counts—godly character. They don't know that their doctrines don't constitute real believing, how you act according to the qualities of the Spirit does. IOW, a lot of people take false comfort out of thinking they really do have genuine saving faith because they have accurate doctrine, while the Bible says you know if you are really saved by if you have the qualities of the Spirit in your character.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well then... It's all good... Addy just had her usual ONCE per week blow up... .and on Sunday no less...

I'll choose the BBQ at BB's house... I might even bring a beer...

Have a nice Sunday.... It's actually a nice day out there.. NO rain today.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't know that their doctrines don't constitute real believing, how you act according to the qualities of the Spirit does. IOW, a lot of people take false comfort out of thinking they really do have genuine saving faith because they have accurate doctrine, while the Bible says you know if you are really saved by if you have the qualities of the Spirit in your character.
BB thinks he's alienating people with his doctrine, well this teaching above ↑↑↑ will make sure you have no friends in the church. The church at this time in church history, just before the end, is all about everything EXCEPT godly character according to the Holy Spirit. I think people are put off by the truth about godly character being the end all of the Christian faith because, 1) they don't have it, because they aren't being taught that's what counts, and 2) it's like telling a chain smoker he has to quit smoking, and everyone knows you'll just invite a beating if you do that, lol.

So, if you want to have no friends in the church on either side of all the stupid doctrinal arguments in the church tell them the only thing that counts is we are to act in accordance with the fruit of the Spirit. If they talk to you at all they'll probably launch into so-called Biblical reasons why they don't have to. Instead, they will say believing correctly about various theological issues is the believing that counts and which we are to take comfort in.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not going to proceed to guess what anyone is thinking... I am responsible only for my thinking... This issue of OSAS vs You can lose your salvation ( I don't even know what they call it Conditional Salvation maybe ?? ) That to me is the corner stone of FAITH... Salvation is either a free gift or it isn't... It is either secure or it's not... I have spent 20 years agonizing over the threat and thought that Salvation can be lost...
It's a NASTY doctrine to state that Salvation is conditional to our behaviour.

I really think this pull between the two camps stems out of absolute RESENTMENT and JEALOUSY... Those who hold fast to the notion that they have to BE GOOD and DO GOOD to be approved and accepted are simply NOT happy with those of us who simply ACCEPT the Gift of Salvation.
In all honesty.... Sanctification is a SACRED place.... one that is between each believer and God... But the legalists are like those terrible helicopter parents... always hovering... always tampering... always correcting... it's a nasty affair.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That to me is the corner stone of FAITH... Salvation is either a free gift or it isn't.
I guess the problem is people who believe in Osas can't understand how salvation being lost can ONLY mean salvation is not a free gift. That's not even remotely true. Salvation is conditional on you continuing to believe in the free gift.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is either secure or it's not.
Being able to lose your salvation does not mean salvation is not secure. It means you have to continue to believe in the salvation that is secure. Remember, this matter of 'security' is relative to how the old covenant was not secure because the High Priest was mortal and the sacrifices were insufficient and did not last. And so the New Covenant is secure in that regard, not in regard to the worshipper not being able to lose it's effect. This is right out of the book of Hebrews.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've said enough for one day... and maybe even for a whole week.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who hold fast to the notion that they have to BE GOOD and DO GOOD to be approved and accepted are simply NOT happy with those of us who simply ACCEPT the Gift of Salvation.
Works do not earn salvation, but they are still able to condemn you if you don't believe in God anymore. And so it is incumbent on the believer to continue to believe, not continue to earn salvation through their works.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all honesty.... Sanctification is a SACRED place.... one that is between each believer and God... But the legalists are like those terrible helicopter parents... always hovering... always tampering... always correcting... it's a nasty affair.
Don't go to a church like that. But don't confuse the church in 1 Corinthians 5 with the meddling, judgmental church you and the rest of us don't like.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Works do not earn salvation, but they are still able to condemn you if you don't believe in God anymore. And so it is incumbent on the believer to continue to believe, not continue to earn salvation through their works.
I'm sorry Ferris... I do respect you... but you add way too many words and conditions. You stress certain words... Sometimes it sounds just like a matter of semantics... but it's sneakier than that....

My faith is simple... I like it that way.. nothing hidden in the small print... no surprises. I live with the full knowledge that I belong to HIM... and that NO one... or NOTHING can snatch me from His hands.

I am a GRACE girl who believes in the promises of Christ. He said it's a done deal... How I live my life is a TRIBUTE and TESTIMONY to HIS love for me.

I have met Christians from both camps... and like I expressed earlier... those who believe in this CONDITIONAL salvation... are not happy people... they are not pleasant to be around... they may think they are HOLY... but they are actually quite unholy in their ways.

Anyways... again... I have said enough.... Have a wonderful day. Time to move on.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry Ferris... I do respect you... but you add way too many words and conditions. You stress certain words... Sometimes it sounds just like a matter of semantics... but it's sneakier than that.
It's really very simple. Keep believing. So that you continue to have Christ's protection from the penalty for your sins.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's really very simple... Christ died for my sins... all of them... I will praise HIS HOLY NAME... for HIS finished work on the cross...
He is the ONE who bore my sin... it has nothing to do with WHAT I DO.... What HE requires of me is not tied up in legalistic nonsense.
My devotion is to HIM and HIM alone... I am not so arrogant as to think that I could possible be GOOD enough to even sit in HIS SHADOW... let alone approach the Throne room with full permission.
I love God too much to INSULT the ATONEMENT by thinking I need to ADD to it... THAT is simple... and well understood... Sadly... far too many Christians have fallen for the lies of legalism.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who believe in this CONDITIONAL salvation... are not happy people... they are not pleasant to be around.
I believe that salvation is conditional on continued faith in God and I have the joy of the Lord. And as far as being pleasant to be around, I'm mature enough in the Lord to know that you'll have to ask people who are around me to get that answer, lol. But I think I'm reflecting a lot of the characteristics of the Lord in my life. More than last year at this time, and the year before that, and the year before.......

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's really very simple... Christ died for my sins... all of them... I will praise HIS HOLY NAME... for HIS finished work on the cross...
He is the ONE who bore my sin... it has nothing to do with WHAT I DO.... What HE requires of me is not tied up in legalistic nonsense.
We know this! Everybody knows this! You're fighting an imaginary battle in your own mind! If you want to fight that battle for real go to the fake churches of the world that teach and endorse works salvation.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and I have communicated with you from the get go that I feel your respect... in how you carry yourself. You appear to be humble in your approach... I have no beef with you... we are good you and me... I just don't like what you are selling... LOL
I really hope you have a wonderful day...

Reactions: BloodBought 1953