new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alcohol is fine, but I prefer the Holy Spirit....

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to reckless indiscretion. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." Ephesians 5:18

I think this illustrates the difference between you and me very well.

I know “ getting drunk” is a sin—— you could not PAY me to do it....once again, I am just making a point about our “ freedom in Christ” .....do I nave to break “ everything “ down for you like I am talking to a five year old? You are smarter than that....you use my playful “ outlandishness” as an excuse to pretend you think I am evil.....that’s because you have nothing of real substance to offer when you attack me....In the end, after I give you explanations that should not even be necessary to give.....you seem to “ get” it....... sometimes.....You are a very bright guy.....you are just kinda “ shallow” in your thinking...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alcohol is fine, but I prefer the Holy Spirit....

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to reckless indiscretion. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." Ephesians 5:18

I think this illustrates the difference between you and me very well.

It sure does—— you are self- Righteous and I am not....lol....lol....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul knew the scriptures better than you do

This gets the “ Duh” Of the year award...
Knowing Scripture is worthless unless you Understand it.....” Even Satan can quote Scripture for his purposes” .....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's nothing righteous about it. Angry hate is what I'm on the receiving end of. You know it, you just can't admit it.

Sorry....it’s just not true....I “ play” you more than I hate you....as you know, I use you as a valuable Springboard to get God’s message of Grace out there for the Newbies and to the poorly taught....I am quite positive though that you hate me.....and if that is the case, “ I welcome your Hate” .....it lets me know that I am on the right track....lol.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true.....I can prove it Scripturally ....details later....( meanwhile, get a head start—- read the Dismal story of Solomon)....Lol....

You are continually getting your panties in a knot by my supposed my “ OSAS 2.0” ....look....I am not sure if it is even “ possible” for a true believer to become an Unbeliever.....I think what we may be seeing is people that “pose” as Christians, But in reality are only Religious people who got sick of “ playing Church” and being phonies and decided to give “ that “ up.....that would be wise...

A man that is Saved has Jesus in Him and Jesus has Promised “ never to leave” ....never means never....If one starts practicing Faith ( as opposed to the one that thinks Christianity is just about “keeping rules”) , that man will find it easier to remain “ IN” the Faith Walk than it is to exit it ....

I think one that abandons his Faith is a rare creature.....our Common Sense tells us that if we are Saved by Believing , we must become Lost by becoming UNbelieving.....it just makes sense! I used to agree with this....

However, I just can’t get past the verse that declares ,” If we are Unfaithful , He Remains Faithful—- He can not deny Himself” ....

I was a Believer as a Child and fell into Unbelief in my College years as many do....After all, I was a “ smart guy” and nobody that is “ smart “ believes that Christianity stuff—- it’s a Crutch for the ignorant and weak people.....

In later years , I was blessed enough to learn what True Christianity was and I JUMPED on it...I did not Reject the Gospel when I heard what it really was—- it was what God did for me , a Lost , wretched Sinner, as opposed to what I HAD to do for God...When I realized that By God's Grace that I was “ made worthy” by the Shed Blood of the Lamb instead of having the burden of having to “ make myself worthy” by becoming “ Moral Enough” to Merit Heaven.....THAT changed everything...

I think the man that “ Stumbles” Mightily into Unbelief will be brought back before he dies.....Of he does not come back , there is still much hope for that guy.....this is why I think this story about Solomon is very pertinent.....He sank just about as low as a man can go.....yet , we have a guarantee that he got Saved....Check it out .....the “wisest man that ever lived” ..

He may have been one the most “dismal”......Saved, but miserable.....

Solomon started out as a great man of Faith..God was so pleased with him that He gave him the honor of building God’s Temple—- an honor that he never bestowed to his father, David.

Solomon fell mightily in later years....he disobeyed God in many ways and lost his Faith....proven by the fact that he worshipped other “God’s” and even built Temples for them to be Worshipped in....how much lower than this can a man sink? If ever there was a man who could lose their Salvation by abandoning their Faith , it would be Solomon .....

Yet God, 100% due to HIS Goodness told David that He would Never take back His Mercy ( Or in other Words, “ Grace” ) From Solomon! What did God say that He “ would” do ? Chastise the hell out of him here on earth in his lifetime but spare his Soul....This is no different from the New Testament teachings....If you have ever been a man of Faith and later abandon that Faith—- God won’t abandon YOU ! He doesn’t change the Rules or break His Promises because some Guy that started out right somehow became a Fool ....even a Fool That worships false God's and proves his “ Unbelief” ....it is the Goodness Of God That Saves ...HIS Goodness and HIS Mercy—— not ours....His Grace is truly Amazing....try to get used to it....

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This should be a place to learn freely and asked questions. And to read from others. For myself it was pride that kept me from reading post back in the day...in chat rooms and forums.

I held my view that everyone was a legalistic, and worked for thier salvation who did not believe in OSAS. So I did not read what they had to say.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This should be a place to learn freely and asked questions. And to read from others. For myself it was pride that kept me from reading post back in the day...in chat rooms and forums.

I held my view that everyone was a legalistic, and worked for thier salvation who did not believe in OSAS. So I did not read what they had to say.
For myself, I found out that I was the pharasee. For the legal issue was what I needed to believe which was OSAS.

No one had ever told me to trust Jesus...
They asked did I believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Did I believe He died for my sins. If I said yes they told me I was saved.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For myself, I found out that I was the pharasee. For the legal issue was what I needed to believe which was OSAS.

They asked did I believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Did I believe He died for my sins. If I said yes they told me I was saved.
But for others reading the thread Read Mark chapter 1:15. You find out for yourself the Gospel Jesus preached.
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God was at hand. You cannot have a Kingdom without a King....And Jesus is the King. And life in the Kingdom is Available to anyone who believes who He is. Jesus preached Peace.

Hebrews 12:14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

EPHESIANS 2:17
And He came and preached peace to you who were far away, and peace to those who were near;

Mark 1:15
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you put your Trust in the Promise That If you believed that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead that it will Save you—- you have all the “ Trust” that you will ever need to GET and STAY Saved......

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But for others reading the thread Read Mark chapter 1:15. You find out for yourself the Gospel Jesus preached.
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God was at hand. You cannot have a Kingdom without a King....And Jesus is the King. And life in the Kingdom is Available to anyone who believes who He is. Jesus preached Peace.

Hebrews 12:14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

EPHESIANS 2:17
And He came and preached peace to you who were far away, and peace to those who were near;

Mark 1:15

As you read my story in post# 2689
You see they told me to trust something Jesus did , instead of telling me to trust Jesus.
It is through believing in who He is because of what He has done.

Then you will see as you trust Him, that forgiveness is in Him.[this requires some explanation later]

For myself and many people I know that were brought under the Baptist denomination, It was true that we were using Him for his Blood..and once we had His blood the mind set was well this sin won't hurt because I am saved and God will forgive....And even though I did not think of it as a licence to sin...it really was..I did not think of it that way because...the doctrine cancels it out...However wanting to do right is not the same as intending to do right.

But that is not the right mind set to have.
Romans 8:16
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And look what Jesus says in John 8:29

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
And look what Hebrews 11:6 says:
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

What does God reward us with?
Let's look at what He tells Abraham in Genesis 15:1
After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
JOHN 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 5:26
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

ST. JOHN 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but in my heart-of- hearts I sincerely think you...teach a False Gospel That “ could” lead to the Damnation Of Those That Buy onto it.
Your new Osas gospel says you don't have to continue to believe in order to be saved. But that's not quite what Jesus said.....

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. Whoever rejects the Son will not see life. Instead, the wrath of God remains on him." John 3:36
Grace doesn't make it so you can reject the Son in unbelief and have eternal life at the same time. If just one Christian buys into what you've been teaching you have led them to damnation.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was true that we were using Him for his Blood..and once we had His blood the mind set was well this sin won't hurt because I am saved and God will forgive....And even though I did not think of it as a licence to sin...it really was..I did not think of it that way because...the doctrine cancels it out.
Yep, that's the deceitfulness of this horrible doctrine in the church today.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace doesn't make it so you can reject the Son in unbelief and have eternal life at the same time. If just one Christian buys into what you've been teaching you have led them to damnation.
And this is what Jesus said about those who lead 'little ones who believe in Me' to damnation.......

"42But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble (so as to go to hell-vs.43), it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea." Mark 9:42

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you read my story in post# 2689
You see they told me to trust something Jesus did , instead of telling me to trust Jesus.
It is through believing in who He is because of what He has done.

Then you will see as you trust Him, that forgiveness is in Him.[this requires some explanation later]

For myself and many people I know that were brought under the Baptist denomination, It was true that we were using Him for his Blood..and once we had His blood the mind set was well this sin won't hurt because I am saved and God will forgive....And even though I did not think of it as a licence to sin...it really was..I did not think of it that way because...the doctrine cancels it out...However wanting to do right is not the same as intending to do right.

But that is not the right mind set to have.
Romans 8:16
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And look what Jesus says in John 8:29

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
And look what Hebrews 11:6 says:
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

What does God reward us with?
Let's look at what He tells Abraham in Genesis 15:1
After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
JOHN 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 5:26
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

ST. JOHN 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
SOME HERE IMPLY THAT THOSE WHO DO NOT TEACH OSAS ARE BELIEVED TO ADD TO THE ATONEMENT.

MEANING YOUR WORKS +THE ATONING BLOOD.

BUT THIS COMES FROM THE LENSES OF FILTERING IDEALS THROUGH THE OSAS DOCTRINE .

IT GOES BACK TO THEIR FOUNDATION: TRUSTING THE BLOOD...SOMETHING JESUS DID TO SECURE THEM SALVATION [MEANING TO THEM, HEAVEN WHEN THEY PHYSICALLY DIE]

INSTEAD OF FOUNDATION BEING TRUSTING JESUS.....
FOR WHEN YOU TRUST HIM YOU KNOW YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN. FOR FORGIVENESS IS IN HIM.

Look at the Location "in"

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

So the question is Forgiveness a once and for all deal.....

Meaning once you are forgiven, you were forgiven for future sins too?

The way I see this is you must be born from above first through trusting Jesus.[that's the condition for being in Christ]

Because it is the new real life you receive that is the jump start, or energizing force behind what we know to be true and thus act.

But Osas leave out regeneration and jump directly into justification [their meaning- forgiveness of sin and heaven when you die]

So where do u think they go wrong after reading these passages...and I'm learning myself...

Meditate on these passages: Romans 4:25

"Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification."
Romans 5:10

"10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

They go wrong because they see His death as all of Salvation.....[what about His life]

But it is His death that brings us near to God so that we can "live" by His life

Let's go to Ephesian 2
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

You see now that one is brought near by His blood......through faith......there is no works to earn to have been given life and brought into the kingdom.

But after given His Spirit......this faith works ..."Gee wiz my sins have been forgiven,thank you" I like what deliverence teaches me.....that if I live right by obeying Jesus,I can know God is with me..it's how we grow in grace and are energized.

So there is more to salvation [deliverence], being given life through His death, reconciled.

Because we are also can be saved(delivered from many other things in this life by His life) redeemed from actual wrong behavior of our bodies]

He rewards those who diligently seek Him with His presence.

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SOME HERE IMPLY THAT THOSE WHO DO NOT TEACH OSAS ARE BELIEVED TO ADD TO THE ATONEMENT.

MEANING YOUR WORKS +THE ATONING BLOOD.

BUT THIS COMES FROM THE LENSES OF FILTERING IDEALS THROUGH THE OSAS DOCTRINE .

IT GOES BACK TO THEIR FOUNDATION: TRUSTING THE BLOOD...SOMETHING JESUS DID TO SECURE THEM SALVATION [MEANING TO THEM, HEAVEN WHEN THEY PHYSICALLY DIE]

INSTEAD OF FOUNDATION BEING TRUSTING JESUS.....
FOR WHEN YOU TRUST HIM YOU KNOW YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN. FOR FORGIVENESS IS IN HIM.

Look at the Location "in"

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

So the question is Forgiveness a once and for all deal.....

Meaning once you are forgiven, you were forgiven for future sins too?

The way I see this is you must be born from above first through trusting Jesus.[that's the condition for being in Christ]

Because it is the new real life you receive that is the jump start, or energizing force behind what we know to be true and thus act.

But Osas leave out regeneration and jump directly into justification [their meaning- forgiveness of sin and heaven when you die]

So where do u think they go wrong after reading these passages...and I'm learning myself...

Meditate on these passages: Romans 4:25

"Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification."
Romans 5:10

"10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

They go wrong because they see His death as all of Salvation.....[what about His life]

But it is His death that brings us near to God so that we can "live" by His life

Let's go to Ephesian 2
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

You see now that one is brought near by His blood......through faith......there is no works to earn to have been given life and brought into the kingdom.

But after given His Spirit......this faith works ..."Gee wiz my sins have been forgiven,thank you" I like what deliverence teaches me.....that if I live right by obeying Jesus,I can know God is with me..it's how we grow in grace and are energized.

So there is more to salvation [deliverence], being given life through His death, reconciled.

Because we are also can be saved(delivered from many other things in this life by His life) redeemed from actual wrong behavior of our bodies]

He rewards those who diligently seek Him with His presence.

Now if you preach the true Gospel of Life in the kingdom On earth now, under the rule Of Christ,

that is how people will know security is God

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

AMAZING- WHEN GOD IS YOUR FRIEND Now,
You think you have to worry about what happens when you die.

So father God teach us how to live for you..in Jesus name...amen

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, that's the deceitfulness of this horrible doctrine in the church today.
Yes....But when do you ever here about the kingdom being preached....the last how many years ?

It really humbled me....when I seen the truth...
But God is so much more then the box we try and place Him in....

And when you limit God to your own ideals ...guess what is also limited? Understanding and revelation....which are blessings

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ferris Bueller
I like when Jesus says these....because to eat is to live...

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

"My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work"