new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so your sin by accident? Is this what you are saying, You do not sin you make oopsies..Now if people are living in sin. as the world. Then how could they be saved? John said they have never seen or known God. me? I admit my sin. And yes. They are my fault. I willingly sin. knowing the consequences. We ALL so. (to say you do not. You are deceiving yourself)

You WILLINGLY sin.!!!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, I asked a question and I want an answer. Why do you all rebel against keeping the law as given to us Gentiles?
Your making a false accusation.

NO ONE can keep the law. The command given was to be perfectly obeyed, As james said. Whoever keeps the whole law. Yet stumbles in one point is guilty of all

What I want to know is why you think you are keeping the law. yet telling others who admit they cant keep the law they are rebelling.

Paul also said if your going to try to insert law your indebted to follow the whole law.

Why are you being so self righteous and excusing your sin is my question?

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your making a false accusation.

NO ONE can keep the law. The command given was to be perfectly obeyed, As james said. Whoever keeps the whole law. Yet stumbles in one point is guilty of all

What I want to know is why you think you are keeping the law. yet telling others who admit they cant keep the law they are rebelling.

Paul also said if your going to try to insert law your indebted to follow the whole law.

Why are you being so self righteous and excusing your sin is my question?
Why do you WILLINGLY sin? I have never heard anything so outrageously disgusting apart from a Satanist I used to talk to on the internet. You should be ashamed of yourself.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you WILLINGLY sin? I have never heard anything so outrageously disgusting apart from a Satanist I used to talk to on the internet. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You don't commit sins? OK then.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you refuse to accept your sin and excuse it away

you think you do not willingly sin you are deceived.
Stop,excusing your sin and become like the tax collector, sto being like the pharisee

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main question is:

Test and evaluate yourselves to see whether you are in the faith and living your lives as [committed] believers. Examine yourselves [not me]! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves [by an ongoing experience] that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test and are rejected as counterfeit?

2 Cor 13:5

You guys can twist anything...nobody else ever mentioned this “ test” until I brought it up , so “you’re welcome” for making you aware if it.....The TEST is determining whether or not you are Saved depending on whether or not you have God’s Spirit in you....The” Test” is this——“Nobody can say that ‘ Jesus is Lord’ without having the Holy Spirit in them.....if you lack that Spirit, you are None Of His”

Can you say that and mean it? If you can , you are a Saved Believer.Forever.Its God's Promise.....God can’t lie.....

I guess this is the gamble that I take when I throw some Spiritual Meat out The for the Mature, and the Legalistic Bottle- Babies pervert it.....” as they do the other Scriptures”

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not going to sin knowingly and deliberately, and stay with the teaching of the Saviour to whom you owe your salvation, then you are no different from other Christians who seek to live a life that is pleasing to God. The trouble is, I have heard this from several people, that you reject any and all laws. So what gives?

I love all of the Laws.....the wiser a man is , the more he will strive to keep them.....it's like an “ Instruction Manual” on how to live a great life.....God will bless you for following his Laws...

Yes, the Law is great, but only if you know how to use it.....its purpose is to guide you through THIS life and even MORE Important —- to GET you to the Next one.....it does that by showing you that there is no way you can keep it all of the time 24/7 and that is what one must do to be Justified for Salvation through it....

I “ Reject” NO Law..........what I “ reject” is trying to use it to get Saved....

“ By The Works Of The Law, NO Man will be Justified” .....Get your Facts and Accusations straight when you decide to be “ an Accuser Of The Brethren”...... thanking you in advance.....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post# 3485

Okay indeed. Because:

"He that committeth sin is of the devil" (1 John 3:8)

You then would be the only one I've ever met knowingly. But I don't know how you can be sure. Paul, the Apostle to the gentiles, wasn't going to make that claim about himself. He admitted that he didn't know himself well enough to be certain.

Do you feel you have that level of self-awareness?

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post# 3479

I admit my sin. And yes. They are my fault. I willingly sin

I am just so perplexed at what people say in these forums at times; the blatant fearless high handed dismissal of scriptures like this:

"…if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

What skillful job one must do to render this scripture null and void.

Amazing.

Reactions: Cooper

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post# 3479

I am just so perplexed at what people say in these forums at times; the blatant fearless high handed dismissal of scriptures like this:

"…if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Amazing.
I am just as amazed you think

1. you never do anything from a selfish viewpoint
2. You do not think you do it willingly

thank what you want about me, I am worried about what God thinks.not what a person who refuses to acknowledge their own sin thinks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post# 3479

Amazing.

It’s so simple a ten year old can “ get it......why on Earth can’t you? I’m sick of trying to explain.....Newbies google Andrew Farley or Renee Roland....when you understand what is really going on, it is so obvious and you will be so relieved.....it just makes so much sense when it is explained IN CONTEXT. ........A W Tozer also explains it well......Don’t force yourself to cancel 400 clear verses about Grace and Salvation by the misunderstanding of one “ scary” verse....

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am just as amazed you think

1. you never do anything from a selfish viewpoint
2. You do not think you do it willingly

thank what you want about me, I am worried about what God thinks.not what a person who refuses to acknowledge their own sin thinks
You need to worry about committing wilful sin.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The point remains, the gospel is not what you and I should do but is what God had done to save you and me.

Yes/no, ..... what you cant get passed is if you do not believe it will not save you....
That is because we view the salvation of God differently. You view it as the work of God and yours. On the other hand, I view it as God’s work and I become his workmanship.

As quoted:
"The familiar words of Jesus are “Without me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). But these must be balanced by the insight that, in general, if we do nothing it will certainly be without him." Dallas
Familiar as they may, but only the words. And because most of the time it is quoted, isolated from context, it is taken to say something out of context. What we can’t do without Christ is bear fruit, fruit of the vine, that is Jesus Christ.

And one has to realize that, Jesus was not referring to things done apart from Him, such as carnal things or things of the flesh. Rather He is referring to the things concerning the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, that is, about the things of the Spirit of God, such as faith, hope, and love.

Why do you think that way..it is because how you have been evangelized....

You still missing the fact of the meaning of grace: while yes it is unmerited...meaning you do not earn it....not that there is no effort involved.
I would not say that I understand perfectly the meaning of grace. But I do understand it according to what scriptures revealed about it.

Grace sure is favor from God given freely as God wills to people He chose to give grace. One good example is that of Noah, which God extended to his sons and their wives. Did Noah earn such grace? Did his sons and their wives earn such grace? Was there any effort on each of them to deserve and have such kind of grace?

Another is that of Abraham which extended to not only his immediate family, but even to all his seeds. Did Abraham earn such grace from God? Was there any effort on his part to deserve and have such kind of grace? More so regarding his seeds, who at the time were yet in his loins, so to speak. Certainly, his seeds earn not nor had any effort whatsoever to deserve having such grace.

Romans 4:4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

As quoted for you before: grace is opposed to earning not effort.

WILLARD-
"Divine grace is God acting in our life to accomplish what we cannot do on our own. It informs our being and actions and makes them effective in the wisdom and power of God. Hence, grace is not opposed to effort (our actions) but to earning (our attitude).”
Yes grace is not opposed to effort, not even to works. However, one must not make the mistake of taking that to mean that grace is obtained by means of OUR effort or works.

Tong
R3740

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
The point remains, the gospel is not what you and I should do but is what God had done to save you and me.

The children of God are not citizens of this world, but their citizenship is in heaven. We are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works. And so, since we will yet be brought home to heaven, we ought to walk in good works. Others say, by doing good works, we will be justified and be saved. But that is wrong, for we have already been saved. Those good works were prepared beforehand by God. He prepared them, exactly for the purpose that we should walk in them.
BRILLIANT words.... words of TRUTH.... It's all about what HE has done... the "works" that flow from that TRUTH are based on GRATITUDE and LOVE to our Lord and SAVIOUR. So simple that even a child can understand.
Thank you for your kind and uplifting words. God bless you.

Let Praise and thanks be to God!

Tong
R3741

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
the gospel is not what you and I should do but is what God had done to save you and me.
Do you read the Bible anymore
I read the Bible more than anything else, when it comes to the truth. I believe only what I read in the Bible, and not what others have written about what they think the Bible is saying about something. I believe on what the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, says as the truth. So what others say, I always go and read the Bible to see of what they say is in keeping with what God says.

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." (John 15:14)

"Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:37-38)

"But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance." (Acts 26:20)

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." (Romans 8:13)

"Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," (1 Corinthians 6:8-9)

So get to reading and be not deceived my friend.
Reading is one thing, having understanding that comes from the Holy Spirit of what is written is another thing.

Sheep, do not be deceived by not listening to strange voices, and listening only to the voice of the Good Shepherd.

Tong
R3742

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Not really @Addy

The scriptures I posted in reply to @Tong2020 brilliantly destroy his vain words.
Nope.

The gospel is not what you and I should do but is what God had done to save you and me.

Make no mistake, what you are told to do, is not the gospel.

Tong
R3743