new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was Talking to a friend of mind yesterday....who said she was living in sin....until one day she came down for prayer at the alter....she started to cry because she said that is when God really changed her life........We went to same church....What she heard as the Gospel did not change Her life....

The fuller version is that Kingdom is now available to anyone that believes Jesus is the Son of God. We know the kingdom is not eating nor drinking but peace and Joy in the Holy Ghost.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:14
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do you want to base your eternity on your ability?

The only major thing Christ did, according to the Bible, was take away our old sins!

"…Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." (John 1:29)

You had no ability to take away your old sins.

Because:

"For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins." (Hebrews 10:4)

But after being freely purged by believing the gospel, you’re ability is certainly required to do these things:

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not" (Ephesians 4:22-26)

Don’t forget these things!

Because:

"…he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins." (2 Peter 1:9)

Reactions: Corlove13

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only major thing Christ did, according to the Bible, was take away our old sins!

Because:

"For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins." (Hebrews 10:4)

But after being freely purged by believing the gospel, you’re ability is certainly required to do these things:

"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not" (Ephesians 4:22-26)

Because:

"…he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins." (2 Peter 1:9)
Great Word!

REV 22
“Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.”

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because:

Because:

Old sins, or past sins...

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND that would be your problem ( one of them ) right there..... WHAT a horrifying statement you have just made

Is it more horrifying than Christ’s very words:

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." (Matthew 18:9)

Christ doesn’t pluck out your eyeballs for you if you can’t control yourself. He tells YOU to do it to avoid HELL!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3

3 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.

4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?

18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Michiah-Imla ... What is horrifying is that you have just BLASPHEMED the HOLY SPIRIT by your words... and it hasn't even fizzed on you.
Anyways... You have earned yourself an IGNORE... as I can't bear to read any more of your venomous claims.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well... I'm not going to argue about what BB meant...

I'm not sure what the penalty/judgement is from God regarding those who believe in legalistic doctrine... I don't dwell on God's punishment... that is HIS business... but what I do know is that those who state they are Christians and follow a legalistic doctrine are JUST AS enslaved as NON BELIEVERS... thus... returning to their vomit.... meaning... Christianity has not benefitted them any. Legalistic Christians are STILL saved.... but the QUALITY of their lives is very low.

I don't know where you all get your teaching, but it reads like something out of a comic. The law does not save, right, but for those who were saved and then return to their old sickening ways have lost their salvation.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look in the mirror.

What are you talking about? I readily admit that I have been taught by many Great Bible Teachers....I am STILL learning from great Teachers and I am always trying to get Newbies to listen to Andrew Farley and Renee Roland—- two of the best out there right now....your admonition is based on Ignorance.....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Michiah-Imla ... What is horrifying is that you have just BLASPHEMED the HOLY SPIRIT by your words... and it hasn't even fizzed on you.
Anyways... You have earned yourself an IGNORE... as I can't bear to read any more of your venomous claims.

The only thing that I have “blasphemed” here is false teachings.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know where you all get your teaching, but it reads like something out of a comic. The law does not save, right, but for those who were saved and then return to their old sickening ways have lost their salvation.
This does not come from my teaching... it comes from observation of the life of those who are legalistic... in my opinion they are just as lost as the non believers... their lives are based on STRIVING and COMPARING themselves with others.. .It's a nasty ball of wax all around.

And here I thought you and I had made some progress this morning... LOL

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953 I hear the pancakes at McD's are all the rave.... LOL

The line at McDonald’s was way too long....there is a good reason for that.....I went to a Wendy’s with NO line......there is a good reason for that also.....Wendy’s breakfast is awful....To friend and foe alike out there—- Don't make the same mistake that I did.....suffer the long line and don’t waste your money...lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: HisLife

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The line at McDonald’s was way to long....there is a good reason for that.....I went to a Wendy’s with NO line......there is a good reason for that also.....Wendy’s breakfast is awful....To friend and foe alike out there—- Don't make the same mistake that I did.....suffer the long line and don’t waste your money...lol..
And this public announcement has been sponsored by our friends at Chew n' Spew..... HAHAHAHA

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. PSALMS 19:7
Romans 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 3:3131Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absurd.

They would close our eyes to the truth of those scriptures.

As is evident with many here.

These so-called teachers do not “know” as they ought to know.

"And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know." (1 Corinthians 8:2)

But know this for sure:

"…the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

That includes YOU and ME if we return to any of this vomit!

If there existed a list of 1000 things a Believer could not do and still be Saved.....God would see to it that His Child would not do those things.....” Whoever asks to be Saved WILL be Saved” .....I “asked”....now the onus is on God......if I can’t do these things and go to Heaven, God will see to it that I don’t do them.....Regardless, because I Rest in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing, Jesus Promised to present me before His Father as “Blameless” .....That works for me....

Above all else, I trust God to keep His Word....that is why I am Saved.