new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave up also.

Never give up! So many of our “ springboards” have left here, we just might actually need this guy! They help get the Truth out there in their own ignorant way....Newbies need to get Ammo from here so that they can defend themselves against all of the Religionists out there in the real world...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never give up! So many of our “ springboards” have left here, we just might actually need this guy! They help get the Truth out there in their own ignorant way....Newbies need to get Ammo from here so that they can defend themselves against all of the Religionists out there in the real world...
The Bible does tell us to wipe the dust off our feet.

prayer is all that will help. Otherwise your betting a dead horse as @mailmandan always says

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a new creature in Christ you don’t do the evil deeds of the old creation.

If this Is True, why is Jesus our “Advocate?”

Why does God say so much about the “ Chastisement” Of His Children....

Why does the Bible talk about everybody “ stumbling “ at times....

Why does the Bible talk about “ the sins that so easily beset us”

If Believers no longer sin, why are we told to Boldly come to the Throne Of Grace when we need it?

Repent Of your Erroneous Thinking......” prove yourself an able student of the Word lest you stand ashamed..”

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a new creature in Christ you don’t do the evil deeds of the old creation.

If this Is True, why is Jesus our “Advocate?”

Why does God say so much about the “ Chastisement” Of His Children....

Why does the Bible talk about everybody “ stumbling “ at times....

Why does the Bible talk about “ the sins that so easily beset us”

If Believers no longer sin, why are we told to Boldly come to the Throne Of Grace when we need it?

Repent Of your Erroneous Thinking......” prove yourself an able student of the Word lest you stand ashamed..”

Why don’t you provide scriptures with your posts?

Why do you cling to one set of verses and ignore another set?

Are you always going to be chastened by the Lord? Do you ever learn from your chastisements?

God will chastise only so much.

"Wherefore will ye plead with me? ye all have transgressed against me, saith the LORD. In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction" (Jeremiah 2:29-30)

And doesn’t this scripture have any effect on you?

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin" (1 John 3:9)

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the compliment , but BB is a Wretched Sinner who got Saved ONLY by the Mercy Of God.....His posts are sometimes of value because he knows this and admits it, whereas others are still living in “ The Fools Paradise” , thinking that they have Anything to offer God but their sins...

BB is Nothing......but......I sincerely believe that I have been well- taught over the last 40 years and I am a “ Free Man in Christ” and I just try to pass on the things that I have learned.....Mainly, “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” for Salvation, and Rest in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Found In 1Cor15:1-4 lest God will charge you with “ Disobedience and Unbelief”....If one Adds to this Gospel ( with Lucky Repentance or the complete abstention Of willful sins in their life ) they are “ Fallen From Grace” ......does that mean they lose their Salvation? The jury is still out on that one...Personally, I think that these types just live out a “ Beggarly” Walk Of Faith. I could be wrong.
Well , free man , ya wanna give me a hand on another thread . cause the gospel is under massive attack on it .
We got folks saying muslims worship the same God we do . Tell me how that one is possible .
the JESUS they invented has no diety , is no SON of GOD and is second to the prophet muhammed .
SO how on earth are they saved when they deny the one true gospel . WHICH states
YE must BELIEVE IN CHRIST , Believe that GOD has rose Him from the dead and confess HIM by mouth as said Savoir .
Folks the real and only true gospel is under serious attack .
One thing i do know . While on or at the DAY of the LORD i wont be able to say i never erred ,
BUT rest assured , JESUS wont be angry at me , FOR SAYING YE MUST BELEIVE IN HIM TO BE SAVED
and that IF ya dont you are damned . THAT HE ALONE is the ONLY WAY TO HAVE SALVATION . AND that
in fact any other religoin is a lie . I mean JESUS told even the jews who did not believe on Him
they were of their father the devil . PAUL when writing had even this to say about unbelieving jews , and that is jews
THEY are not the children of GOD , The seed applies to the promise in ISSAC , and that SEED was and IS JESUS CHRIST .
SO why do we allow folks to trample Christ under foot . The real battle , the far bigger one , IS IN the inclusive lie .
THOUGH yes we got some thinking their good works will save them . BUT EVEN THE INCLUSIVE LIE says the same .
IT states that if folks had good works , and still did not confess JESUS , it wont matter what religon they were in , THEY SAVED .
WHAT A FAT LIE that is . Cause the last time i checked , ONLY FAITH IN JESUS SAVES US . AND if our faith is real
WELL then good works would accompany it , FOR THE SPIRIT would give us both the will and ability TO DO GOOD .
WE are in trouble BB . This generation is being led right into a do good works false love religion . AND those who profess
TO KNOW JESUS , need to arise and shut down the false broad road gospel , WHICH AINT no gospel at all .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That day you stepped on the worm... OH my goodness... I was trembling for you... praying for you to repent!!! To be honest... I was really worried about you that day!

I Repented before I died.....I’m in good shape.....that repentance trumps everything else.....Grace especially.....

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What would be the point of forgiving them? I found out it was a “willful sin” on their part ...we all know what “ that” means.....” no more Sacrifice”....... they are Goners.....
You have a COMPETITION problem... YOU just can't let me be FUNNIER than you.... I guess maybe Froggy will have to jump in here... Oh my goodness... BB... It was a good day... We laughed A LOT today.... JOYFUL noise. Thank you for the laughs my friend.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nope
they were never saved

I love ya bro, but if your going to keep misrepresenting what people say and believe, we are gonna have issues

RED: I agree with what you say.

The extract below is not my words, but the words of the Bible commentators on which subject they all agree regarding the sow and the dog. This is from the Believers Bible.

"2 Peter 2:22 These people illustrate the true proverb concerning a dog that returns to his own disgusting vomit (see Pro_26:11) and a washed sow that goes back to her wallowing in the mire. It is significant that Peter uses the dog and sow as illustrations. Under the Law of Moses, both of these were unclean animals. There is no suggestion in the proverb that they had experienced any change in their natures. They were unclean before they were delivered from the vomit and the mud, and they were still unclean when they returned to them.

So it is with the people of whom Peter wrote. They had undergone a moral reformation, but they had never received a new nature. In the language of Mat_12:43-45, their house was empty, swept, and put in order, but they had never invited the Savior to dwell in it. The unclean spirit which was cast out went and found seven other spirits more evil than himself to occupy the empty house. And the last state of that house was worse than the first." (Believers Bible)

I wonder if there is anyone who still willingly sins?

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes. You Plus me, Plus everybody else that lives in a Body Of Flesh....it’s in your sinful DNA...Anybody with a modicum of Spiritual Insight is very much aware of this Fact.....that is why we Cling to the only thing that can Save us....The Finished Work Of The Cross Plus Nothing (Grace) ....others prefer to Cling onto their Performance .....which in the eyes of God are just “ used, filthy menstrual rags” and “ Dead Works”......

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes. You Plus me, Plus everybody else that lives in a Body Of Flesh....it’s in your sinful DNA..

It’s in the old man’s “DNA”.

Which is why the Bible tells you to do this:

"…put off concerning the former lifestyle the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind" (Ephesians 4:22-23)

"And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." (Ephesians 4:24)

You cannot be saved in the old man. This means you are not born again, or that you have trampled on the new man which will never be available again.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s in the old man’s “DNA”.

Which is why the Bible tells you to do this:

"…put off concerning the former lifestyle the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind" (Ephesians 4:22-23)

"And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." (Ephesians 4:24)

You cannot be saved in the old man. This means you are not born again, or that you have trampled on the new man which will never be available again.

“The Spirit wars with the Flesh and the Flesh battles against the Spirit “ .....One’s Old Adamic Nature does not vanish at Salvation .....That Sinful Nature will be with you until the day you die.....

If you are a Christian you now have Two Nature’s.....The unregenerate man has But one....the Sinful one....

Within the Born Again Man Of Woman , you have a Black Dog and a White Dog that dwells Inside Of you—- the one that you Feed the most will Dominate...Feed the White Dog and get blessed....Feed the Black Dog and get Chastized.....Salvation is not in question....The very presence of that White Dog , which in reality is the Holy Spirit within you proves that you are Saved....

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The Spirit wars with the Flesh and the Flesh battles against the Spirit “ .....One’s Old Adamic Nature does not vanish at Salvation .....That Sinful Nature will becwith you until

“…they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Galatians 5:24)

The true believers have crucified their flesh; thus, there is no war that the flesh could win in the true born again believers.

So if you think you still have the flesh that could over come the Spirit you need to:

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith" (2 Corinthians 13:5)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RED: I agree with what you say.

The extract below is not my words, but the words of the Bible commentators on which subject they all agree regarding the sow and the dog. This is from the Believers Bible.

"2 Peter 2:22 These people illustrate the true proverb concerning a dog that returns to his own disgusting vomit (see Pro_26:11) and a washed sow that goes back to her wallowing in the mire. It is significant that Peter uses the dog and sow as illustrations. Under the Law of Moses, both of these were unclean animals. There is no suggestion in the proverb that they had experienced any change in their natures. They were unclean before they were delivered from the vomit and the mud, and they were still unclean when they returned to them.

So it is with the people of whom Peter wrote. They had undergone a moral reformation, but they had never received a new nature. In the language of Mat_12:43-45, their house was empty, swept, and put in order, but they had never invited the Savior to dwell in it. The unclean spirit which was cast out went and found seven other spirits more evil than himself to occupy the empty house. And the last state of that house was worse than the first." (Believers Bible)

My friend

they were a dog (unbeliever)

they tried on christianity, but did not like it

so they returned to their own vomit. Because they were still a dog.

Reactions: mailmandan

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Galatians 5:24)

The true believers have crucified their flesh; thus, there is no war that the flesh could win in the true born again believers.

So if you think you still have the flesh that could over come the Spirit you need to:

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith" (2 Corinthians 13:5)

Your verse is so out of context , I ain't even going there....

The Flesh can Never win the War.....but it sure can win many a battle and Shipwreck your Faith and make your “Walk Of Faith” a miserable one....

God’s gonna get you Home, because He has promised to “ Save to the Uttermost” all that come to Him with Faith in Jesus Christ—- the question is , how many welts are will be on your Hiney when you stand before Him.... believe and behave.....that’s all ya really gotta do..

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:14 - For we have become [past tense Greek verb, gegonamen, meaning we have become already] partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. Notice that this is essentially a repeat of verse 6, where we read: but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house - whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. The wording is not - "and you will become (future indicative) partakers of Christ if you (future indicative) hold fast." It is rather - "you have been, and now are, partakers of Christ (demonstrative evidence) if in the future you hold fast."

The point is that not all of these Hebrews have become partakers of Christ and of course, the only ones in the end who will be identified as genuine believers/partakers of Christ will have been those who held fast the beginning of their confidence steadfast to the end. Those faltering Hebrews who depart from God may begin with loud confidence and profession of loyalty. But then later? Future perseverance is proof of genuine conversion.
Hi,

Here is the definition:
1) to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
2) to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen
2a) of events
3) to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage
3a) of men appearing in public
4) to be made, finished
4a) of miracles, to be performed, wrought
5) to become, be made

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:14 - For we have become [past tense Greek verb, gegonamen, meaning we have become already] partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. Notice that this is essentially a repeat of verse 6, where we read: but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house - whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. The wording is not - "and you will become (future indicative) partakers of Christ if you (future indicative) hold fast." It is rather - "you have been, and now are, partakers of Christ (demonstrative evidence) if in the future you hold fast."

The point is that not all of these Hebrews have become partakers of Christ and of course, the only ones in the end who will be identified as genuine believers/partakers of Christ will have been those who held fast the beginning of their confidence steadfast to the end. Those faltering Hebrews who depart from God may begin with loud confidence and profession of loyalty. But then later? Future perseverance is proof of genuine conversion.

I actually see what you are saying....

For I believe they knew when they received the Spirit...it was not intellectualized....but a reality.......

I have some other thoughts that go with it..but not to discuss here...for I know they are ideals that could be taken other ways....by the folks on the thread

Point is, they must remain....and if they could not depart, He would not be stressing it.

As many depart...because they believed the Gospel of Osas....That basically amounts to we take no part with Christ, after receiving the Spirit. If they received the Spirit in the first place. SO THAT PASSAGE AND YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF IT IS BASICALLY OF WHAT THE TOPIC IS ABOUT....THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO KEEP BELIEVING.......AS I guess some believe here.