new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:14
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Hebrews 3:14 - For we have become [past tense Greek verb, gegonamen, meaning we have become already] partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. Notice that this is essentially a repeat of verse 6, where we read: but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house - whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end. The wording is not - "and you will become (future indicative) partakers of Christ if you (future indicative) hold fast." It is rather - "you have been, and now are, partakers of Christ (demonstrative evidence) if in the future you hold fast."

The point is that not all of these Hebrews have become partakers of Christ and of course, the only ones in the end who will be identified as genuine believers/partakers of Christ will have been those who held fast the beginning of their confidence steadfast to the end. Those faltering Hebrews who depart from God may begin with loud confidence and profession of loyalty. But then later? Future perseverance is proof of genuine conversion.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing that I have “blasphemed” here is false teachings.

You subtly added a lie when you stated that Jesus died for our “ old” sins.....The Book Of Colossians says “ ALL “ Sins. The Greek word that was translated “ all” means anything and everything that one could ever possibly think of.

Somebody else in the Bible was a Subtle Liar.....no accusations....just sayin’....

Reactions: HisLife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. PSALMS 19:7
Romans 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 3:3131Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

“ By The Works Of The Law,NO Flesh shall be Justified”.......The Law can’t save—- it is “weak and useless” in that regard......The Gospel is what has Power to Save.....Rest in it, and God will put His Spirit in you and you will “find” yourself obeying God’s Laws..... not because that will save you, it’s just a natural outgrowth of the Faith That Saved you.....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He meant, they return to their old ways before they were saved. Those who do that are no longer saved.

You just admitted OSAS is a false teaching, the same as all the other cults.
Nope

they were never saved

I love ya bro, but if your going to keep misrepresenting what people say and believe, we are gonna have issues

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND that would be your problem ( one of them ) right there..... WHAT a horrifying statement you have just made.
If he just took away our old sin, we have no hope. The next time we sin, we are lost with no hope of remission

remember he teaches sinless perfection. So that’s his excuse

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every body NEEDS a BB in their lives... I feel SO BLESSED.

Thanks for the compliment , but BB is a Wretched Sinner who got Saved ONLY by the Mercy Of God.....His posts are sometimes of value because he knows this and admits it, whereas others are still living in “ The Fools Paradise” , thinking that they have Anything to offer God but their sins...

BB is Nothing......but......I sincerely believe that I have been well- taught over the last 40 years and I am a “ Free Man in Christ” and I just try to pass on the things that I have learned.....Mainly, “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” for Salvation, and Rest in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Found In 1Cor15:1-4 lest God will charge you with “ Disobedience and Unbelief”....If one Adds to this Gospel ( with Lucky Repentance or the complete abstention Of willful sins in their life ) they are “ Fallen From Grace” ......does that mean they lose their Salvation? The jury is still out on that one...Personally, I think that these types just live out a “ Beggarly” Walk Of Faith. I could be wrong.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there existed a list of 1000 things a Believer could not do and still be Saved.....God would see to it that His Child would not do those things....

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding." (Psalms 32:8-9)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. PSALMS 19:7
Romans 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 3:3131Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
The law says your guilty

this leads you to Christ

that’s how the law is established it

Christ fulfilled the law

you can’t,

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953 ... I am not trying to be a DRAMA QUEEN here... but read this again... this is what Mich a lama said.

The only major thing Christ did, according to the Bible, was take away our old sins!

That is more than subtle addition.. it is outright blasphemy... Just saying...

See post 3664....if this guy is Purposely Adding lies to Holy Scripture, He is acting in the spirit of Satan...May God have Mercy on Him.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still not messing with you until you have DIGESTED your BAD pancakes... due to your "lack of patience"... not judging you or anything... just gently CORRECTING you... HAHAHAHAHA

If that is the worst sin I commit today, we’ll call it “ a good day”.... lol.....

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If that is the worst sin I commit today, we’ll call it “ a good day”.... lol.....
That day you stepped on the worm... OH my goodness... I was trembling for you... praying for you to repent!!! To be honest... I was really worried about you that day!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You subtly added a lie when you stated that Jesus died for our “ old” sins.....The Book Of Colossians says “ ALL “ Sins

If you take the scriptures as a hole the context is obvious that the sins of the repenting and believing man AT THAT TIME are those that are taken away. Not future wilfull sins. God can work with struggling babes as they grow with regards to sins committed in ignorance (John 15:2). But the time must come eventually that they achieve this:

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" (Ephesians 4:13)

Once Saved Always Saved proponents teach that we remain sinning babes in Christ (wether they express it that way or not).

As a new creature in Christ you don’t do the evil deeds of the old creation.

The New Testament is explicit in these things. But many are taught to force the scriptures into a simple one dimensional box. Thus they become one dimensional in there faith and will be counted as lukewarm or outright reprobates on the end.

Reactions: Cooper