new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Supremely arrogant.

I no longer consider you a saved brother.

And I am supposed to “ give” a Rats Patootie about what you “consider”...... lol......get serious, Dude...

You have a Brain-Full Of Religious Mush, yet I think you are Saved and it is not because of Anything that “ I” think nor is it due to whatever “ you” think...... I go by what the Bible says.....I believe that you pass Paul’s Test .....not mine or anybody else’s ....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mentioned nothing about sinless perfection
But obeying Jesus teachings, what u you practice is who we are becoming.

Rather . . .

Romans 8:28-29 LITV
28) But we know that to the ones loving God all things work together for good, to those being called according to purpose;
29) because whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.

If you are one of these, then you are not the one determining who you are or will be. God is doing that.

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is one after being born believe the blood cleanses?..are you saying that it is automatically applied without repentance?
Yes. It is automatically applied in terms of your status with God in salvation, but perhaps not in regard to your felt relationship with God. And so confession and repentance are required in that regard.

Hebrews 7:25 tells us that even though Christ's ministry is completed, it is ongoing. The completed work of Christ remains on the altar of heaven and so it always intercedes on behalf of the believer trusting in it. His sacrifice is already there before God the instant the believer sins. It's already being applied to you through your faith in it. That's what makes Christ's ministry so great, and why we are exhorted to continue to believe in it (Hebrews 4:14, Hebrews 10:23). The lasting effectiveness of Christ's ministry and sacrifice is in contrast to the priest and sacrifice of the old covenant. In that covenant the priest eventually died, and so his intercessory ministry for you ended. And the sacrifice eventually burned up completely and disappeared, ending it's effectiveness for you. Not to mention there were sins the Levitical priesthood and sacrifice could not atone for.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
That’s right, works can not make one righteous in God’s sight. So there is no works that the Christian does that will make him righteous in God’s sight nor is there any work that he does that will keep himself righteous in God’s sight.
Yes. But just because good works don't earn you a place in the kingdom of righteousness that doesn't mean evil works won't keep you out. For the believing Christian his evil works do not keep him out because they are instantly covered and atoned for the moment they commit them. But they will not retain that privilege if they stop believing in the blood of Christ to do that for them and they fall back to another gospel, or no gospel at all. Of course, you're now going to say that's impossible. Real believers can't and won't do that. Hey, I'm fine if you want to believe that. At least you know that Christians have to continue to believe to the very end to be saved when Jesus comes back. And I think you agree that because they believe they will not live in sin either. These are both tenants of the original Osas teaching from the 1500's, which many in the church have now rejected in favor of the new Osas. The only real fundamental disagreement I have with the original Osas is the belief that real Christians are not capable of rejecting the gospel by which they were saved. The Galatians did. And so did some of the Corinthians.
So it’s a yes then. That’s just my point.

If you believe that you still can reject Jesus at will and for whatever reason you have behind that, that’s you. What can I say if that is true with you? Nothing. And I accept that with you. Someday, perhaps, you will have a new heart that sees not nor have any like thoughts.

Tong
R3426

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

If I remain in my house....I am already in my house........if they remain in Jesus (me) they are in Him.....

"Remain" as a translation is giving you the wrong idea. Dwell, live, abide, these are what the word means.

If you remain in your house, then yes, you are in your house.

If you are not remaining in your house, you are not in your house.

If you live in California, you do not live in New York. If you do not live in California, there is no presupposition that you once did. You can tell a Texan "If you remain/live/dwell/abide in California, you will pay California taxes". And they'll look at you like, why would I do that?

If you do not remain in Christ, why would you think you ever were in Christ? Except from the way we think of the word "remain".

If you do not abide in Christ, there is no presupposition that you previously did.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I arrived at truth, taught by the Spirit of truth, and only confirmed my understanding by comparison to others alive in the Spirit. You can do the same. Just believe in your heart that Jesus is the only begotten son of God, that His sacrifice was sufficient propitiation for all sin, and that He rose again from the dead, sealing His personal testimony to ascend into heaven, and you're covered. Then if you ask the Father for His Spirit, without doubting His promises, you will certainly receive Him and be taught by Him. If you want proof texts I'm always happy to share scripture with those willing to receive it (but sadly many aren't but only want to be justified in
No, I arrived at truth, taught by the Spirit of truth, and only confirmed my understanding by comparison to others alive in the Spirit. You can do the same. Just believe in your heart that Jesus is the only begotten son of God, that His sacrifice was sufficient propitiation for all sin, and that He rose again from the dead, sealing His personal testimony to ascend into heaven, and you're covered. Then if you ask the Father for His Spirit, without doubting His promises, you will certainly receive Him and be taught by Him. If you want proof texts I'm always happy to share scripture with those willing to receive it (but sadly many aren't but only want to be justified in their error.)
"others alive in the Spirit" are referring to those who believe as you. And the Spirit doesn't lead to error but into truth.
  • Those born of the Spirit have Trusted Jesus for who He is with the intent to follow.
For Justification and sanctification go hand in hand.....
My understanding came as I lived the word out....because when I was born with Life I knew my sins were forgiven....and I did not have to go to no one to confirm anything.
I was made Alive!! My testimony was in me..

My thoughts are if you believe Justification is all of Salvation you can't come to see
How we overcome sin by the spirit as we are physically alive on earth...

And the statement you made earlier on
Where you did not mention any part we played in sanctification showed the spiritual foundation you trusted...Even in your very words above in what you leave out...
" intention to follow"
Moving on....

Peace

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather . . .

Romans 8:28-29 LITV
28) But we know that to the ones loving God all things work together for good, to those being called according to purpose;
29) because whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.

If you are one of these, then you are not the one determining who you are or will be. God is doing that.

Much love!
These come about for those predestined in Christ....So one knows when they Trusted Jesus as Lord...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only faith, apart from works, can make one righteous in God's sight. And that faith is the faith that God will forgive you and clean you of unrighteousness and give you Jesus' righteousness, all through His sacrifice and ministry. The Galatians departed from that faith that justifies and were relying on the works of the law to be justified. And by doing so they lost the effect of Jesus in justification (Galatians 5:2). They had fallen away to faith in another gospel, which Paul said is no gospel at all. One that results in them having no part in the inheritance.

And “ YOU” rely on repenting from all of your sins before you die and the 100% Avoidance Of Sinning “ Willfully” for Your Salvation , don’t you? You are no different from them..... it all comes down to, “Jesus Saves— BUT!”.......You, like them , ADD to the Gospel Of Pure Grace.....You are “ Fallen From Grace” and hopefully that does not equate Damnation....

I’d like to see you try to defend yourself when I say that you are just like the Deceived Galatians...You think that even though Jesus is “ Essential” for Salvation.....His Shed Blood Alone is just not “ Adequate” for your Salvation—- YOU have to do something ! Mainly making sure your “ Repentance Ledger” is constantly up to date, and you can NEVER commit a Sin on purpose! ( any man with half a brain or an ounce of self- insight knows that most of his sins are “ Willful” ) —- people sin and are fully aware that they are Sinning .....your Confused fear and misunderstanding of Hebrews 10 won’t let you admit what everybody knows is the truth ....You live a lie....

Reactions: HisLife

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And is that true for you?

Much love!
Yes ...I am a Baptist...that's why I can speak on it......But I learned that Jesus Preached the Gosple of The kingdom it's availability Now......so in learning the truth I had to unravel and still unraveling those passages I use to filter from that box of doctrine..

So think about it if His kingdom is available now to enter.......then you don't have to wait until you die....

But osas... is about...believing Something He did to secure you so you can have heaven when you die...But..salvation in the Bible is mainly about deliverence [salvation] from present circumstances....But one cannot see this with that OSAS Box.......when they see saved they automatically think "heaven when they die"

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Remain" as a translation is giving you the wrong idea. Dwell, live, abide, these are what the word means.

If you remain in your house, then yes, you are in your house.

If you are not remaining in your house, you are not in your house.

If you live in California, you do not live in New York. If you do not live in California, there is no presupposition that you once did. You can tell a Texan "If you remain/live/dwell/abide in California, you will pay California taxes". And they'll look at you like, why would I do that?

If you do not remain in Christ, why would you think you ever were in Christ? Except from the way we think of the word "remain".

If you do not abide in Christ, there is no presupposition that you previously did.

Much love!

Opps...I didn't hit reply....But this is a good observation....for the Jews were cut off for unbelief

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. It is automatically applied in terms of your status with God in salvation, but perhaps not in regard to your felt relationship with God. And so confession and repentance are required in that regard.

Hebrews 7:25 tells us that even though Christ's ministry is completed, it is ongoing. The completed work of Christ remains on the altar of heaven and so it always intercedes on behalf of the believer trusting in it. His sacrifice is already there before God the instant the believer sins. It's already being applied to you through your faith in it. That's what makes Christ's ministry so great, and why we are exhorted to continue to believe in it (Hebrews 4:14, Hebrews 10:23). The lasting effectiveness of Christ's ministry and sacrifice is in contrast to the priest and sacrifice of the old covenant. In that covenant the priest eventually died, and so his intercessory ministry for you ended. And the sacrifice eventually burned up completely and disappeared, ending it's effectiveness for you. Not to mention there were sins the Levitical priesthood and sacrifice could not atone for.

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Trusting in it"?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes ...I am a Baptist...that's why I can speak on it......But I learned that Jesus Preached the Gosple of The kingdom it's availability Now......so in learning the truth I had to unravel and still unraveling those passages I use to filter from that box of doctrine..

So think about it if His kingdom is available now to enter.......then you don't have to wait until you die....

But osas... is about...believing Something He did to secure you so you can have heaven when you die...But..salvation in the Bible is mainly about deliverence [salvation] from present circumstances....But one cannot see this with that OSAS Box.......when they see saved they automatically think "heaven when they die"

I have a very different thinking on our salvation.

The very reason that our rebirth is forever is because we've entered into the kingdom now. There is no "waiting til you die". We are delivered from ALL danger. We are delivered from the penalty of sin, the consequence of sin, and the power of sin, by being transformed into a new being, born from God apart from sin.

We are seated in heaven now. We are hid with Christ now. We are delivered from the present circumstance of the law of sin and death, this deliverance extending to eternal life.

If you've been reborn, you've been transfered out of the power of darkness and into Jesus' kingdom - now.

This is one of the reasons I so strongly believe God does not let us return to become flesh once again.

The transformation is so total, so complete, and so effective, and it's what God wants. He's making us what He intended for us all along. Having affirmed to Him that we want this, He made is so, and no turning back.

Does the butterfly once again become a caterpillar?

Much love!

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only faith, apart from works, can make one righteous in God's sight. And that faith is the faith that God will forgive you and clean you of unrighteousness and give you Jesus' righteousness, all through His sacrifice and ministry. The Galatians departed from that faith that justifies and were relying on the works of the law to be justified. And by doing so they lost the effect of Jesus in justification (Galatians 5:2). They had fallen away to faith in another gospel, which Paul said is no gospel at all. One that results in them having no part in the inheritance.
Uh, the whole point of the letter was to restore the Galatians to sanity and sanctification by faith. It wasn't a loss of salvation or inheritance because the ministry of the gospel is the ministry of reconciliation, not condemnation. Even church discipline of sinning members is supposed to be about reconciliation to the body of Christ, not about permanent expulsion. The only instance recorded in scripture of a total separation from the congregation is in the verses that gave one unrepentant soul up to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his soul might be saved (correction through affliction.)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These come about for those predestined in Christ....So one knows when they Trusted Jesus as Lord...
God predestined - limited in advance - that we would become like Jesus. You cannot overturn His predestination.

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife