new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, but immaturity or even carnality of thought (which is also immaturity) isn't a proof of lack of relationship. Self defense is a natural aspect of the flesh. Under trial for His very life, the Lord would not open His mouth in defense of Himself, but are we all there yet?
Some of us get beat up in life a lot. Some of us have self doubt and stand behind false bravado. Some of us have "a root of bitterness " that breaks out destructively. We find common experiences in Christ, but no two of us have lived the same life, walked identical paths, or experienced the same shipwrecks. Christ is the great healer and He does His work in us, but some of us are just a bit more damaged than others.
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:12-13
What a glorious day it will be when we all understand scripture and live accordingly, but until that time we all have a lot of work to do.
"we all have a lot of work to do"
? Mmm

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was reviled he reviled not again.

To God Be The Glory

I am not Jesus .How about you? ... how do YOU handle false accusations? “ Cool as a Cumber” All Of the time? I have not reached Jesus level of understanding and patience yet....how about you?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think I have a while back. I try to stay within the boundaries of what the Bible says we can do and that's consider a person unsaved. If you're offended that I consider you an unsaved person just let me know. And I do because of how abrasive and unrepentant you are about how you treat me, even after I've called you out on it. And you know what Jesus says to do when that happens.

You broke the rules ...you know it....you are talking like a lawyer.....did YOU get a warning for your clear violation as I did in what was essentially a Judgement call?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not personally, that I know of.

I sense that you have something personal against me and I just want to clear the air.

I have told you before....many times....it ain’t YOU.....it’s your Doctrine....I’m sure you are a nice guy when not say squabbling in a debate.....just like me ....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of living temple is Jesus building? Stones that crumble? What kind of builder does that?
A builder of God's building, and a planter and waterer of God's field that is not "careful how he builds" 1 Corinthians 3:10. That's who.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think I have a while back. I try to stay within the boundaries of what the Bible says we can do and that's consider a person unsaved. If you're offended that I consider you an unsaved person just let me know. And I do because of how abrasive and unrepentant you are about how you treat me, even after I've called you out on it. And you know what Jesus says to do when that happens.

Please educate me on that last part....thanks....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're really reading it wrong. Trust me on this. You're reading it wrong.

"...give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect" 1 Peter 3:15

"Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth" 2 Timothy 2:25​

Peter is talking about persuading unbelievers....Believers don’t need to be “ granted repentance” or “lead to the-knowledge Of the Truth” ..... they have that covered already...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You broke the rules ...you know it....you are talking like a lawyer.....did YOU get a warning for your clear violation as I did in what was essentially a Judgement call?
I got a ticket for 'Character Attack' back on April 23rd. I asked you if a certain passage of scripture describes you and I said if it does describe you, you are not saved.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please educate me on that last part....thanks....
The person who refuses to listen when confronted about sinning against you is to be regarded as a pagan or a tax collector.

15If your brother sins against you,c go and confront him privately. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’d 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17

It's not saying pass judgement on them and declare them an unbeliever. It's saying consider, or regard them as one. I can see why. Brothers who share the same fellowship of the Spirit will ultimately not be content with living in contention with another brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about that. It's about your angry ranting.

Brought about by your preaching of False , Perverted Gospels .....God’s “ ANGER “ for these False teachers lead Him to the point that he said they were Eternally Damned —- “ Accursed” .....Gal. 1:8 ought to freak you out....Talk about “ Ranting”.....God approves “ Righteous Anger” . I got it.If perverted Gospels don’t arouse Anger in you —- I maintain that YOU have the problem .....being a Christian does not entail one being a “ milquetoast” 24 hours a day.... There are SOME THINGS were one must stand up and say, “NO”..... just like Paul did when defending the Gospel ... “ I did not give ground for One Second!” I bet he was a real “ sweety” when he admonished Peter to his Face!

Stop using my “anger “ as an excuse to ignore the Truth Of the Gospel that I try to stand for.....it’s a deflection.....it’s a shame that other than three or four other people here—- I stand alone....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a ticket for 'Character Attack' back on April 23rd. I asked you if a certain passage of scripture describes you and I said if it does describe you, you are not saved.

Nice deflection....I am not talking about April 23rd.....
Tell me what happened the other day when you violated the Terms Of Service.....and declared me Damned....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"we all have a lot of work to do"
? Mmm
There's no contradiction to the spiritual, but I trust that you believe in the Lord and in the resurrection. Ask the Lord to give you His Spirit according to His promise and I guarantee that He will show you why if you just ask Him to and continue reading His word.