new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are looking at passages such as, "you have become a partaker of Christ if you hold your confidence stedfast to the end"
The verb "Become a partaker of Christ" is in the Perfect tense. That means it's an action that happened and has results continuing up to the present. Paul is saying you have the completed action with results continuing up to the present (being a partaker of Christ) as long as you have the completed action of holding your confidence steadfast to the end.

I imagine something like, "If ye then be risen with Christ, and if ye continue believing, seek those things . . ." (not the actual Word of God)

After all, how could you possibly agree with what God actually said?
I agree completely with what God actually said. People who are risen with Christ will appear with him in glory. I don't disagree with that in the least. And you remain a person risen with Christ as long as the word remains in you. See, you have to rightly divide the word of God. That means not lifting a verse or passage of scripture out of the context of the whole counsel of God's word.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The passage itself does not use "believing" as the condition though. If you will look at it, you will find that instead the condition is having been raised with Christ. If you've been raised with Him. Not, if you believe in Him. We may safely assume that's true, having been raised with Him, we will believe in Him, just the same, that's not actually the condition.

The condition is having been raised with Him, and that does not change, therefore the outcome does not change, which is exactly how the passage is stated.

Much love!
You satisfy the condition of being raised with him when you believe and continue to believe.

Tetha

Jun 10, 2021
vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The ... remain a person risen with Christ as long as the word remains in you.
That reminds me of the difference between sophiac and phronesesis wisdom. While sophiac wisdom is imo, the humanity being risen with Christ, it applies to all, and doesn’t leave nor forsake, from the Son in His finished work, and is always available first and foremost for Christian living, it’s also the cause behind hospitals etc for the general public. While phronesis wisdom can be applied to anyone at anytime strictly for the Holy God, such as Cyrus was, when that leaves, like Elvis for the sake of argument, Sophia wisdom never left the building, but phronesis did. Hope that made sense or was an acceptable post for this forum, being new ere an all.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 2 Timothy 4:2

There are more people not posting here than there are posting. The seed sown into them is like seed sown out of season. Meaning you didn't intend to plant it because by all appearances it seems like not the time and place to plant. But some of that seed will find fertile ground and come to fruition. And the worker will receive his reward at the resurrection.

Do you have any stats in regard to this place like how many are Regulars that visit here almost every day , or how many visit and visit often or how many come in once and never return again,......I have always wondered how Big or small this place is....and I’ve always been curious about the “ make- up” of this site.....can you or any of the Mods provide any of this info? Thanks...

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be me. Salvation is secure. So secure and so great that you and I would do well to keep trusting in it like the Bible tells us to do.

Sorry .....that would NOT be you.....” Your” Salvation is no more secure than your next “ Willful Sin”....You have never known what it is like to “ Trust”...... as far as Sins go, you are still “ on the hook” for them....you have either been set free from your “ Performance” Burden or you have not—- you can’t have it both ways....you are attempting that now with this latest post...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am also secure in my salvation... however... you have added the condition to it... in a very sneaky way... LOL
It's all good.... I have learned much in my time here.... First and foremost is that I am only responsible for what I believe... and how I live my life.

Perhaps some people like these types of discussions and see them as helpful... I don't... and it makes me sad that Christianity is so mis-represented.... Anyways... I'm out .... Have a beautiful day Ferris...

I can’t be sure, but it is my utmost prayer that people CAN be helped by those discussions....
People out there in the real world are hearing the same hog- wash that people in here are exposed to.... “ Lordship Salvation”, “ Lucky” Repentance, Legalism, Religion, Sinless Perfection and especially Adding to the Gospel Of Grace that has 90% of the Church World “ Fallen From Grace” and few people even understand what this dangerous Condition “ IS”......

I never post here to change anybody’s mind.....I use the weak and poorly taught here as “ Springboards” to try to Rescue Paul’s Lost Gospel Of Grace.....I try to give “Scriptural Ammo” to those that know that Christianity is much more than, “ Don’t do this and do do that”.....I want people to be “ Free in Christ” .....I want Believers to be Solid in the Assurance that God wants them to have, when the stand of the Mature Meat-Partaking Christian is “Jesus Saves—- no “ BUTS” attached” and “ Nothing But The Blood” for one’s Salvation.....

People aren’t getting these Truths in most of the churches out there.....They are going to get them here.....people are free to agree or disagree with anything or everything that I post....All I ask is for all of them to be “ Berean’s” —- don’t Believe a word I say unless it lines up with Scripture....I could be the “ devil” in here that many people think that I am.....BUT....if I can back up what I say with Scripture ( and I believe that I do ) , I could be worth listening to....

People and especially Newbies can at least come in here and be exposed to both sides .Then they are free to make up their own minds—- that would be a good thing....God Bless..

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People should not even be thinking that God's grace allows them to live a licentious life. What a farce.

This is the lie of OSAS and that is what Satan wants us to believe.

Satan has YOU believing the Lie that those who know how to live in this Wondrous “ Age Of Grace” have ANY desire to live a “licentious” life.....It’s just the opposite...
The more aware I am to know how my Sins are “ Covered” by Grace.....the less of that “ coverage” I really need.....

Grace grants forgiveness....Forgiveness spurs Love.....Love spurs Obedience....Your Legalism keeps you “ stuck” these three steps behind me....Learn how to REST in the Gospel Of Grace....you have not even made it to the “ Starting Gate” Of Christianity if you do not Rest in the Gospel....God, in the Book Of Hebrews , declares your type to be “ Disobedient” and guilty of “ Unbelief”—— does that not sound like Serious stuff? You need to prove yourself an “ Able Student “ Of His Word .....presently— you ain’t.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ferris Bueller ... We are good you and I. We just don't agree on the issue of Salvation.
My sadness in these threads is that those who argue on the side of losing salvation... ALWAYS
throw in that Grace believers live in terrible states of sin and disobedience...AND that they promote
sinful living... This is cruel and incorrect.

I cannot help that the United Church has embraced homosexuality... that is not my fault... nor is it my belief.. therefore I would never attend such a church... I would stand against it...
I cannot help that Catholicism is perhaps the world's largest cult. I was brought up in it... and I walked away... I stand against it.
I cannot help that in North America... in the last 50 or so years... there has been a birthing of the most DECEPTIVE and EVIL doctrine
called Word of Faith/ Prosperity Gospel... So many Christians believe in these movements. I absolutely stand AGAINST them.

People are so worried about what other Christians are DOING.... that they have neglected to care for and GUARD their own hearts.

I live my life with absolute JOY... I know what sin is... I am not stupid... but I also know what a PROMISE is... and according to scripture... He is faithful to finish within me ( and all believers ) what He has begun.

The problem with this polar opposite view of salvation is that one is based on what HE HAS DONE... and the other is based on what we have done.... This is the heresy of it all...

I am FREE now... from all condemnation.... FRUIT comes as a NATURAL by-product of KNOWING GOD... and this seems to offend so many people.

I am not SIN focused like so many... I am GRACE focused... My heart is filled with AWE of who GOD IS... and I am thankful and grateful beyond words.

The bible is filled with promises to us... but false doctrine dares to try and remove them.

Some people “ Get It”..... others don’t.
Boy.....do You GET IT !

You have that same “JOY” that I do.....No matter what happens, it can’t be stopped and it can’t be taken away.....I gotta be doing “ something right”

Paul said He was content no matter what the situation was...rich or poor, hot or cold, etc—- you just name it....” I have learned that no matter what state I am in , I am content in it.....I know what he meant....it just seems that Nothing bothers me anymore...God just keeps providing me comfort and joy....

Paul and His buddies used to sing while they were in ungodly dank and terrible jails. I used to think that was “ Crazy”.I don’t think that anymore.....I understand now what was going on .I got that. No brag —- just Fact....

I never tried to be a “ Good widdle boy” ......all I ever did was learn how to Trust God and He took care of the Rest....I guess that was enough...” The Man who FINDS LIFE will find it by Trusting God”....I think that if my life were any more Joyful , I would not be able to stand it.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you even realize that 'love your neighbor as yourself' is the law? Leviticus 19:18

The person who upholds the law (Romans 3:31) is saying much about themselves! That they know and see God (1 John 3:6).

Let’s see how that Law that you esteem so much holds up in light of other Scripture......

Many Christians give lip service to the fact they live in the New Covenant.

The truth however is that because they fail to realise they are no longer under the law they are really still living in an Old Covenant reality.

Here are 37 scriptures that prove that Christians are not under the law!

Acts
The law is an unbearable yoke. (Acts 15:10)

Romans
The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)

If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)

The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)

Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)

Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6)

The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12)

The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10)

The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13)

The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

1 Corinthians
The strength of sin is the law (1 Corinthians 15:56)

2 Corinthians
The law is a ministry of death. (2 Corinthians 3:7)

The law is a ministry of condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)

The law has no glory at all in comparison with the New Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)

The law is fading away. (2 Corinthians 3:11)

Anywhere the law is preached it produces a mind-hardening and a heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15)

Galatians
The law justifies nobody. (Galatians 2:16)

Christians are dead to the law. (Galatians 2:19)

The law frustrates grace. (Galatians 2:21)

To go back to the law after embracing faith is “stupid”. (Galatians 3:1)

The law curses all who practice it and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians 3:10)

The law has nothing to do with faith. (Galatians 3:11-12)

The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)

The law functioned in God’s purpose as a temporary covenant from Moses till John the Baptist announced Christ. (Galatians 3:16 & 19, also see… Matthew 11:12-13, Luke 16:16)

If the law worked God would have used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21)

The law was our prison. (Galatians 3:23)

The law makes you a slave like Hagar. (Galatians 4:24)

Ephesians
Christ has abolished the law which was a wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:15)

Philippians
Paul considered everything the law gained him as “skybalon” which is Greek for “poop”. (Philippians 3:4-8)

1 Timothy
The law is only good if used in the right context. (1 Timothy 1:8) (see next verse for the context)

It was made for the unrighteous but not for the righteous. (1 Timothy 1:9-10)

Hebrews
The law is weak, useless and makes nothing perfect. (Hebrews 7:18-19)

God has found fault with it and created a better covenant, enacted on better promises. (Hebrews 8:7-8)

It is obsolete, growing old and ready to vanish. (Hebrews 8:13)

It is only a shadow of good things to come and will never make someone perfect. (Hebrews 10:1)

Perhaps it is time to get that “ weak and useless” Law removed from the Mantle and replace itveith something Infinitely BETTER——- GRACE ! ! !

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the law of love found in scripture seemed to be good enough for James....

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. James 2:8

Have you ever heard that “ Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel? “

So it is with the Book Of James—- “ The Last Refuge for the Legalist ” Lol.....they always end up there ....so many verses there just crying out to be “ twisted”....and boy , do they get Twisted! Lol...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am an offender of grace, but not under the interpretation of osas:

For this is what grace does...that many strictly deny we do nothing....

Titus 2:11

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

I do not “ Go with Grace” because I “ WANT” to sin.....
I “ Go with Grace “ because I have a brain—— I know that I am GOING to Sin! I need help....I need to get my Sins covered...it is the only Way....if you do not realize how you sin every hour of every day in thought, word and deed, you are living in a Fool’s Paradise—- Satan runs it.....you had better learn how to escape it, Sinner......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
****************A warning to guests and new Christians********************
The people that are pushing the OSAS doctrine on this thread are not inline with Christian morals, ethics, or values.
It is a false teaching that can lead to loss of salvation and a judgment to hell. Danger is here in this thread. BEWARE!
The doctrine of OSAS is hand written by Satan himself.

If you come here...come to Christianity and you are living a sinful lifestyle you must repent and change your ways. Do not let these heretics of Satan make you believe that you can go on sinning and have any hope of heaven. Heaven will not be full of evildoers, that is a reservation for hell!

“Change your Ways” .....Straight From Satan.....Straight From Hell

“ Changing your ways “ will make you more “ Moral” Perhaps , unfortunately it will not make you Perfect . If you choose to go down that “ performance” road , your Standard for Justification before God will be PERFECTION! 24/7 .....I am not even “close” to being Perfect in this world yet because of my Faith in Jesus Christ and His Gospel, God “ Imputes “ me with the Perfection Of His Son and He declares me Fit For Heaven....” Changing your ways” ain’t gonna make you perfect ....it will just send you to the “ moral guy” section of Hell....the place is replete with those that “ turned over a New Leaf “ to get Saved....

We are not saved by “ turning over a New Leaf “......we are Saved by Resting in the Gospel Of Grace 1Cor 15:1-4......if you try to “GET IN” by any other means, you are a “ thief and a robber”....

If anybody could be Saved by “ changing “ , Jesus Christ was Crucified for No Reason....let THAT settle in....

The Lost Religionist is all about change .....people can do it......and this type can really impress his fellow phonies....What GOD is interested in is NOT “ change “......God is interested in “TRANSFORMATION” ......The religious man can change the outside of the Cup ( my, how good he looks! ) but only GOD can TRANSFORM the Inside of that cup.....THAT is what counts!

The Unsaved Religionist sees the outward changed behavior of a truly “ Born- Again” man and all he can do is “ APE” that Behavior........he-is totally Blind to the thing that counts—- the Holy Spirit that indwells That man because of his Faith in Christ and is Responsible for that change in behavior .....you see this Lost, ignorant type of “ believer” in churches everywhere....you can tell them by the scowls on their faces.....being a phony is not much fun....

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a Christian and you want to go to heaven....Beeee Goood! and Do Goood!
How do you, be good and do good?
1. Dedicate your life to God.
2. Love God.
3. Love one another.
4. Go to church and fellowship and praise the Lord.
5. Get involved with church activities.
6. Time and money to charities...don't forget the food pantries.
7. Adopt some elderly persons and disabled persons in your area....help them with rides and deliver food. Give them your number so they know they are not alone. Deliver holiday meals.
8. Of course keep sinning to a minimum....and keep your sins small....aim small, miss small...if you spend your life being good and clean, you'll be less interested in soiling yourself with sin.

Remember the Apostle Paul called us saints...walk your life as if Christ was right beside you.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the military if you find yourself being court martialed, you are not sentenced, you are awarded, because you earned your punishment.

Can we get away from the word "work" LOL...nope.
Salvation is not by our own means....but salvation is just the beginning of the Christian walk with Christ.
From the point of salvation we can either....
Work to go to heaven or work to go to hell.
There is no way of getting around actions and we will be held accountable for our actions both good and bad.
So Beeee Goood! Do gooood!

2nd Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

1st Peter 1:17
If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

Colossians 3:25
For he who does wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and that without partiality.

1st Corinthians 3:8
Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

What is being judged on Judgment Day?
Is Christ being judged on how well He saved us? No.
Are we being judged on what we did before we were saved? No.
Are we being judged on what we have done after we were saved, both good and bad? Yes.
Is the determination of whether we are going to heaven or hell decided at the point of salvation or Judgement Day? Judgment Day of course.

Can we be held accountable for what we have not done? See the parable of the Talents. Matthew 25:14-30

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is raised to life with Christ who did not first satisfy the condition of believing.
John 6:40
For this is the will of my Father – for everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him to have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
5723 Tense - Present See 5774
Voice - Active See
Mood - Participle See 5796
Count - 2549

look how the underlined is worded...I have to look at other versions too...interesting wording-

Meaning they see Him as the source of life

But KJV version:
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

1) to have, i.e. to hold
1a) to have [hold]in the hand, in the sense of wearing, to have
[hold]possession of the mind [refers to alarm, agitating
emotions, etc.] to hold fast keep, to have or comprise or
involve, to regard or consider or hold as

John 6:40
The one who
eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

5723 Tense - Present See 5774
Voice - Active See 5784
Mood - Participle See 5797
Count - 2549

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some people “ Get It”..... others don’t.
Boy.....do You GET IT !

You have that same “JOY” that I do.....No matter what happens, it can’t be stopped and it can’t be taken away.....I gotta be doing “ something right”

Paul said He was content no matter what the situation was...rich or poor, hot or cold, etc—- you just name it....” I have learned that no matter what state I am in , I am content in it.....I know what he meant....it just seems that Nothing bothers me anymore...God just keeps providing me comfort and joy....

Paul and His buddies used to sing while they were in ungodly dank and terrible jails. I used to think that was “ Crazy”.I don’t think that anymore.....I understand now what was going on .I got that. No brag —- just Fact....

I never tried to be a “ Good widdle boy” ......all I ever did was learn how to Trust God and He took care of the Rest....I guess that was enough...” The Man who FINDS LIFE will find it by Trusting God”....I think that if my life were any more Joyful , I would not be able to stand it.....
I do get it... I honestly do GET IT.... I think my frustration comes because of how difficult the journey was ( because of the legalistic accusations thrown at me by my own family )... NOW that I GET it... and BELIEVE it.... I get so offended by those who would DARE try to continue to remove it from me. I am just as grounded as you are BB in my view of GRACE.... but perhaps I am not as saturated as you in the CONFIDENCE aspect of it.

I am at the stage of JUST give me JESUS... and everyone else.... just GO AWAY and LEAVE ME BE... Christianity has been so mis-represented. So many doctrines that come to STEAL the JOY and PEACE that CHRIST came for and died for....
For me... it is so SIMPLE.... It's all because of HIM.... It's all about HIM... It's all HIM... I cannot do anything... not one thing... It is all like dirty rags to think I could possibly ADD to the ATONEMENT of CHRIST... It is a slap in the FACE of God to PRESUME I could possibly be GOOD enough for HIM... Therefore I live my life in AWE of HIS GOODNESS.... I stand AMAZED that HE would desire... even DELIGHT in me.... Those thoughts capture me and I swear I could float away in the clouds.... the GRATITUDE and THANKFULNESS that fills my soul.

So... upon my return... I will pop in periodically... but like I said earlier... this topic is NOT a place I desire to DWELL in... I've done my time... I've suffered greatly because of the lies told to me... It's TIME to enjoy my FREEDOM in CHRIST.

Much love to you my precious BROTHER in CHRIST.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So 1 questions when it comes to OSAS

Is have you been born from above with life?

So maybe we should look at passages that
Show those who have been born from above...