NEWSFLASH: Abraham was not a Jew. Neither was Isaac. Neither was Jacob.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"When Christ our Life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory." Col 3:4
"For you died, and your life has been hidden with Christ in God." Col 3:3

Who is your life?

-- "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has given to the Son to have life within Himself" -- John 5:26

-- He (Christ) alone possesses immortality and lives in unapproachable light, whom no human has ever seen or is able to see. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen. --- 1 Timothy 6:15-16

-- "I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hades and of death." -- Revelation 1:17-18.

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered. And they gather and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. IF you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you." (John 15:6-7).

Adam did not abide in the Word in whom is life (John 1:2 & 4), which says: ".. in the day that you eat of it, dying you shall die" (Genesis 2:17). When he believed the lie that said instead, "You shall not surely die" (Genesis 3:4) - which implied that Adam's eternal life | immortality was in himself - Adam began to die.

The One who has the keys of hades and of death, the One who is your life has told you that if you do not abide in Him, you will die.​
ok, thanks,

But you said your not saved by your works. Yet here you are saying you must abide (work) in order to stay saved

You say we are saved by Christ's righteousness. But in essence you are saying your saved by yours.

Justification (declared innocent or righteous) , according to you, is based on your sanctification. If you workl hard enough to be sanctified, your justification will be bought and paid for.

sorry Bro, You have to much self in your gospel.

I have to look to Christ the author and FINISHER of my salvation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
Nor did Jesus say too.

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
The Jews in Jesus time,and in many places today,lived in closed communities.

Today think of the term, Jewish neighborhood, Muslim neighborhood.

Jesus didn't say to love everyone no matter what.we know he wouldn't say that because,as the OT reports, God,who was Jesus in the NT, did not love everyone.

He or the Hebrews killed their,Gods, enemies.
Actually I disagree.

Jesus loved us when we were his enemy, He told us to love also.

Our hope would be they all come to Christ. Be it Muslim, Jew, Commie, whoever they are..

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
here you are saying you must abide (work) in order to stay saved
Abiding is not work. What good works are you doing when you are reading your Bible or sitting in church?

You have too much self in your gospel.
You say we are saved by Christ's righteousness. But in essence you are saying your saved by yours.

Justification (declared innocent or righteous) , according to you, is based on your sanctification.
Both of the things you say above are absolute nonsense. Your own 2+2=23. You just don't want to understand that abiding does not mean works.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abiding is not work. What good works are you doing when you are reading your Bible or sitting in church?

You have too much self in your gospel.
Abiding is not a work if it is GOD who keeps you attached.

When You have to do it of your own power. and doing it is required to be saved. it is a work of righteousness. which you are tryign to do to keep saved.

Instead of yel;ling at me to read my bible. I would look internally and find out why you are trusting in self to much

My Faith is in God. not my ability to keep myself attached or to do good..

Romans 7:18
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

This is how paul felt after he spoke with Jesus on the road to damascus..

far be it from me to think I am better than paul

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Abiding is not work.
Abiding is not a work

When You have to do it of your own power.
Abiding is not doing anything in your own power.

Hebrews 10
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Drawing back = not abiding.

Is faith works? How does anyone draw back if faith is not works?

Consider the full counsel of God in the New Testament before you answer, because you're cherry picking scriptures to come up with your false claim that "abiding = works".

Abiding is not a work

When You have to do it of your own power.
1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

In the latter times, will those who depart from the faith be abiding?

@Eternally Grateful While they were still abiding (before they departed from the faith), was their abiding "works"?

Hope you answer.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abiding is not doing anything in your own power.

Hebrews 10
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Drawing back = not abiding.

Is faith works? How does anyone draw back if faith is not works?

Consider the full counsel of God in the New Testament before you answer, because you're cherry picking scriptures to come up with your false claim that "abiding = works".
sorry my friend

If you CAN draw back, you have to continue under your own power.

drawing away takes no work, correct. You draw back by STOPPING WORK.

Plus like Paul said in Romans 4. If Abraham was found by works he has something to boast about. but not before God.

You want to boast in your ability to abide and your power to not fall away to keep yourself saved. feel free.

Consider the full council of God? Is that all you have?

How does anyone draw back? They DID NOT HAVE FAITH TO BEGIN WITH.

I am saddened you do not understand what true faith is, even more. you do not understand that GOD CAN AND does KEEP HIS PEOPLE.

Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

Become part of us..

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
sorry my friend

Plus like Paul said in Romans 4. If Abraham was found by works he has something to boast about. but not before God.

You want to boast in your ability to abide and your power to not fall away to keep yourself saved. feel free.

I am saddened you do not understand what true faith is, even more. you do not understand that GOD CAN AND does KEEP HIS PEOPLE.

But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

Become part of us..
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

@Eternally Grateful While they were still abiding (before they departed from the faith), was their abiding "works"?

Hope you answer.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
sorry my friend

Become part of us..

What did Paul say will cause some to depart from the faith in the latter times?

You don't have to apologize to me again for your lack of understanding and belief of the full counsel of God ("Sorry my friend" is not necessary to say to me).

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hope you answer.
Look at the word today.

If you can;t see that, then I do not know what to tell you.

The world is departing from the faith and inserting their own faith..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What did Paul say will cause some to depart from the faith in the latter times?

You don't have to apologize to me again for your lack of understanding and belief of the full counsel of God ("Sorry my friend" is not necessary to say to me).
Of course.

The kids do not buy into the faith of their fathers. Come on man..

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Abiding is not a work if it is GOD who keeps you attached.
Agreed.

So according to you 2+2=5 ("therefore you cannot draw back of your own accord, you cannot stop abiding. You're a robot". Whatever).
Romans 7:18
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

This is how paul felt after he spoke with Jesus on the road to damascus..

far be it from me to think I am better than paul
Paul was talking about obeying the law. The context is obeying the law, not drawing back from faith in Christ.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your abiding to earn the right to stay saved.

I am abiding because God keeps me attached. and prunes me, lifts me up and cuts off the bad branches.

see the difference?

Sadly, I fear you still can not see the difference :(
I'm not abiding to earn anything. Abiding does not earn anything.

I know you think adults who have faith in Christ are robots and cannot draw back because God will turn them into robots and reprogram them if they try.

Not abiding = death. The branch is broken off from the life of the Vine and is withered, and is burned.

Tell us why in your opinion Jesus qualified His statement regarding abiding in Him with the statement about the branch not abiding in Him.

Did Jesus just like adding stuff?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed.

So according to you 2+2=5 ("therefore you cannot draw back of your own accord, you cannot stop abiding. You're a robot". Whatever).

Paul was talking about obeying the law. The context is obeying the law, not drawing back from faith in Christ.
Paul was not talking about obeying the law. There was no law when Abraham believed.

Paul also said we are saved by that same faith.

How in Gods name does 2+2= 5 in my view?

In my view 2 works plus 2 works =zero salvation.

in my view NO WORK CAN SAVE, so matter what I try to add up in my work. the end result is ZERO..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you think adults who have faith in Christ are robots and cannot draw back because God will turn them into robots and reprogram them if they try.
Nope

I believe people who had true faith experience Gods true love and have no desire to draw back. Because they know where they came from..

Do you? Why do you think you COULD draw back? Where is your faith in Christ? He who began a good work WILL COMPLETE it until the day of Christ.

why does this not mean anything to you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not abiding to earn anything. Abiding does not earn anything.
Then you can;t lose salvation if you stop abiding.

Dude, You need to stop with your nonsense and false accusations..
Not abiding = death. The branch is broken off from the life of the Vine and is withered, and is burned.

Tell us why in your opinion Jesus qualified His statement regarding abiding in Him with the statement about the branch not abiding in Him.

Did Jesus just like adding stuff?
Then abiding (the work of abiding) is earning salvation.

I already proved to you John spoke of bearing fruit not salvation.

You need to get a dictionary our and look up the word wage, reward and gift.

because you seem confused by what they mean