nice Wikipedia article for those studying the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

granpa

Sep 23, 2009
West coast
tok.fandom.com
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
the article has been expanded and corrected considerably since i first posted. you might want to take another look at it.

the article is now listed as a high priority project:Bible article. its also the 12th largest in the english wikipedia (mainly because of all the Bible passage references).

granpa

Sep 23, 2009
West coast
tok.fandom.com
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
The article has been deleted from Wikipedia but now resides at:
http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/Outline_of_the_Bible

Religion wiki used to be a mock religion site but all non-serious articles have been moved to a new wiki. Only serious articles are now allowed.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
The article has been deleted from Wikipedia but now resides at:
http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/Outline_of_the_Bible

Religion wiki used to be a mock religion site but all non-serious articles have been moved to a new wiki. Only serious articles are now allowed.

It still mocks. From the site......

A deluge myth or flood myth is a mythical story of a great flood sent by a deity or deities to destroy civilization as an act of divine retribution. It is a widespread theme among many cultures, though it is perhaps best known in modern times through the biblical account of Noah's Ark, the Hindu Puranic story of Manu, through Deucalion in Greek mythology or Utnapishtim in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

granpa

Sep 23, 2009
West coast
tok.fandom.com
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
that is a wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_myth. if it makes religion wiki a mock religion site then wikipedia is also a mock religion site.

I've now added http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Division_of_the_land to the article.

The most interesting thing about this chart is that it shows clearly the migration routes of the early settlers. They moved up the Nile to the Mediterranean then along the coast in both directions (The Caphtorites either split off from the Philistines or are a third group that split off from Egypt that went back along the gulf of Suez and the gulf of Aqaba to Petra). Another group split off at the blue Nile went to the red sea where they then went along the coast (eventually reaching Ezion Geber and becoming the Avvim). Another group then split off and went to the Persian gulf and went up the Tigris and Euphrates rivers to Asia Minor then turned and swept back down to Ezion Geber and then back eastward to Havilah. Indo-Europeans split off and went north of the black sea and went west to Spain and also east to India.

The identification of Magog with India and Tubal with Rome gives a new light on Ez 38:
The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of [a] Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.

God is calling the white supremacist leader of Rome a (black) hypocrite.

and on Rev 20:
7And when the thousand years may be finished, the Adversary shall be loosed out of his prison,
8and he shall go forth to lead the nations astray, that are in the four corners of the earth -- Gog and Magog -- to gather them together to war, of whom the number [is] as the sand of the sea;

Its referring to Rome not Russia

the similarity between the stations of the exodus and the names of the sons of ishmael and the sons of Joktan along the southern shore of the arabian peninsula (and some of the Hamites along the opposite shore) is also VERY interesting. I tentatively added the sons of Aram and the sons of Nahor.

The identification of Midian is tentative but seems probable to me.

Mt Sinai/Horeb is either identical with or is very near Petra which is either identical with or very near Mesha/Massa.

The chart is a work in progress so nothing is carved in stone.

I hope that others find it useful even if they dont necessarily agree with every part of it.