No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd that peter and john after God used them to heal the lame man , stopped the people
from worshipping them . WHY Do ye marvel upon US , and though WE had made this man strong ,
IT was JESUS , Faith in JESUS . Rather odd that the first peter never asked them to instead
kneel before HIM and KISS HIS RING . I am telling you all that even peter himself would rebuke
with great authority this church of rome .

Christ is king
The church his kingdom
The pope is his personal representative

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is king
The church His kingdom
Very true , CHRIST is KING and the kingdom is within the lambs .
For the Spirit is within the lambs .
But out of grave concern i must warn you , ROME has led many astray with some of the most vile
doctrine . Doctrine in some places that is so vile it ought not to have been uttered at all .
And we have us one of the most dangerous popes to reign in my lifetime .
It has learned well the wisdom of this world . It knows how to smile and it knows how to offer good service
to the poor and hungry . It appears to be lamblike , but watch out for the doctrine it speaks
for it speaks doctrine of a dragon and has come in the name of its father
to shut down true evangelizing and to make ready a people to serve the beast and its one world utopian empire .
YALL better watch out . Judas was amongst them as one who did believe , but he was a pretender .
SO too is this one . And no marvel , for even satan can appear as an angel of light
and its no difficult thing at all for his ministirs to appear as men of righteousness .
Beware , it smiles , it appears to be humble , but it is preaching another all inclusive all paths gospel .
HIGHLY dangerous and super deadly this one is . BUT since it appears to be kind and accepting , it is fooling the world and many churches too .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gladly . It means FEED my sheep pure sound doctrine . not the dictates of Rome or any other institution which would lead one astray .
Leaders are to FEED the sheep . Just as peter told the whole church . What .........But yes .
EVEN peter wrote the elders and said FEED the sheep . And true seasoned leaders
would FEED the sheep , not starve them of the truth and feed them contradictory traditions of men , which often oppose
and violate the very words of GOD HIMSELF , of CHRIST HIMSELF . We had better all be on gaurd and ensure
its the biblical JESUS we follow , or we are not part of the true church that began with CHRIST and the Apostles .
That is how we are gonna know . Test all things and do so against biblical doctrine .

I Thought you said ONLY Christ is the mediator???

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is king
The church his kingdom
The pope is his personal representative
Since when DID JESUS offer up incense to other gods , to budda statues , and kiss korans and blow through indian pipes
Since when DID JESUS allow other religions to believe they know and do serve the one true God .
NO SIR . THIS is no represenative of CHRIST . Lest we put the WORD .........ANTI in front of that .
A terrible and horrible price will be paid unto the one who does such a thing and worse they do it in JESUS NAME .
And let none follow that man . For he or she who does so will find at their end much gnashing of teeth
as they hear the words , from JESUS , depart from me i never knew you .
And then the many will say , But didnt we do all these good works in the name of world peace and in your name .
But JESUS will say , depart from me , I WAS and AM the ONLY WAY TO GOD and ye all let folks in other religoins
remain in their lie for your world peace and unity . WATCH OUT this ONE IS HIGHLY DECEPTIVE and HIGHLY dangerous to the soul
of the one who does sit and hear and follow its lies .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is only necessary for justification and salvation as far as carrying the message of forgiveness to the people (Romans 10:14 Romans 10:14). The church plays no redemptive role in a person's salvation. None whatsoever. Jesus' Priesthood does that all by itself. A person is justified by faith, in his heart, apart from works when he believes and trusts in Jesus' redemptive Ministry and Sacrifice....

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified Romans 10:10
No work involved there. Belief all by itself, in the heart, justifies. That's what it plainly says. This truth is why people revolted against the Catholic church.

you forgot confession is unto salvation and that is a work rom 10:10

Faith is also works cos you must choose (volition) to believe and must continue to believe until death matt 24:13 Jan 3:16

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is most folks do not know what the TRUE FAITH entails and is .
IF i say , for example , that i DO beleive in Christ and yet i walk in darkness and my works are of darkness , then i have no faith .
We can deny JESUS by more than just mouth . The truth is most who profess HIS NAME , DENY HIM .
For though they profess His name their works are abominable , they deny GOD in works .
Let paul explain it . HE who wont provide , wont DO , not a doer , for his own , specially for those of his own household ,
He has DENIED the FAITH and is worse than an infidel .
Faith if it has not works , IS NOT TRUE FAITH AT ALL , ITS DEAD . ITS the same dead lip service that i too once lived .
OH but if one is born again , the SPIRIT they now have , and it would have us to do the things pleasing unto GOD .
We must remember , two things . FAITH without works is dead . But soo too is works without FAITH IN CHRIST .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true , CHRIST is KING and the kingdom is within the lambs .
For the Spirit is within the lambs .
But out of grave concern i must warn you , ROME has led many astray with some of the most vile
doctrine . Doctrine in some places that is so vile it ought not to have been uttered at all .
And we have us one of the most dangerous popes to reign in my lifetime .
It has learned well the wisdom of this world . It knows how to smile and it knows how to offer good service
to the poor and hungry . It appears to be lamblike , but watch out for the doctrine it speaks
for it speaks doctrine of a dragon and has come in the name of its father
to shut down true evangelizing and to make ready a people to serve the beast and its one world utopian empire .
YALL better watch out . Judas was amongst them as one who did believe , but he was a pretender .
SO too is this one . And no marvel , for even satan can appear as an angel of light
and its no difficult thing at all for his ministirs to appear as men of righteousness .
Beware , it smiles , it appears to be humble , but it is preaching another all inclusive all paths gospel .
HIGHLY dangerous and super deadly this one is . BUT since it appears to be kind and accepting , it is fooling the world and many churches too .

do I dare? What vile doctrine?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saved by Grace , not that of yourselves , but The Grace of GOD .
GOD drew the lambs unto Christ . Now let us continue in the grace of GOD .
And let all be looking diligently , lest any man fail of the grace of GOD , lest any root of bitterness does spring up
and defile that man . Follow the SPIRIT and you will not fullfill the lusts of the flesh .
By the SPIRIT crucify the lusts of the flesh , mortify them . We , who are HIS , have all we need . WE HAVE CHRIST .
FOLLOW HIM , Follow He who is able to keep us from falling , or fall we shall indeed .
Now , let all that has breath , leap up and praise the glorious KING . HAVING all confidence on HIM , trust not in your self ,
TRUST IN CHRIST .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saved by Grace , not that of yourselves , but The Grace of GOD .
GOD drew the lambs unto Christ . Now let us continue in the grace of GOD .
And let all be looking diligently , lest any man fail of the grace of GOD , lest any root of bitterness does spring up
and defile that man . Follow the SPIRIT and you will not fullfill the lusts of the flesh .
By the SPIRIT crucify the lusts of the flesh , mortify them . We , who are HIS , have all we need . WE HAVE CHRIST .
FOLLOW HIM , Follow He who is able to keep us from falling , or fall we shall indeed .
Now , let all that has breath , leap up and praise the glorious KING . HAVING all confidence on HIM , trust not in your self ,
TRUST IN CHRIST .

you said saved by grace?
Then all are saved cos grace is for all

why follow or trust? You said saved by grace! Done now I can have a harem??right?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no barrier. We are the priests now. Read the verse again.

Christ is high priest according to the order of Melchizedek
priestly order of Melchizedek
You are not a priest according to that order

heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is high priest according to the order of Melchizedek
priestly order of Melchizedek

You are not a priest according to that order

Irrelevant. Jesus broke down the barriers. We are God's priests! That Catholics seek to put up barriers Jesus tore down make them the anti-Christ.

heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

It's so odd that you attempt to sweep off the table text you don't like. I posted the relevant verse. I suggest you read and understand it.

The Bible says that through Christ, we are all priests.

9 But you are a chosen people, set aside to be a royal order of priests, a holy nation, God’s own; so that you may proclaim the wondrous acts of the One who called you out of inky darkness into shimmering light.
1 Peter 2:9 (Voice)

Who is Peter saying is a chosen people, set aside to be a royal order of priests?

God's own means the priests are chosen by God - not the RCC.

Why are these priests chosen? To fulfill the Great Commission. It is not the job only of employees of Rome.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States