No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd that peter and john after God used them to heal the lame man , stopped the people
from worshipping them . WHY Do ye marvel upon US , and though WE had made this man strong ,
IT was JESUS , Faith in JESUS . Rather odd that the first peter never asked them to instead
kneel before HIM and KISS HIS RING . I am telling you all that even peter himself would rebuke
with great authority this church of rome .

Worth repeating. It's such a good point, Peter rebuked being glorified.

What's more is the RCC deliberate misinterpretation of the rock, that Jesus built his church. The rock was not Peter. The rock is the Messiah, Christ, Himself! The idea that an all powerful God would develop a plan for the salvation of mankind but not rely on Himself, of infinite power to carry out that plan but a fallible, frail & temporal man is preposterous!

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What's more is the RCC deliberate misinterpretation of the rock, that Jesus built his church. The rock was not Peter. The rock is the Messiah, Christ, Himself! The idea that an all powerful God would develop a plan for the salvation of mankind but not rely on Himself, of infinite power to carry out that plan but a fallible, frail & temporal man is preposterous!

glorified yes respected as prince of the apostles no! Matt 10:2

why is peter even mentioned in matt 16:18 if he is not the rock the church is built on

Christ is the rock but the peter is the rock the church is built on

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is king
The church his kingdom
The pope is his personal representative

Yes Christ is king

His Kingdom is Heaven and Earth, not yet Restored or revealed for our Eyes to See.

The "bodily Dead" Saints are presently occupants of His Heavenly Kingdom.

The Church is the most recent members added to Saint rolls, in the last 2,000 years.
They ARE Physically living on Earth...and some presently physically dead, buried and their Living souls and spirits in Christ's Heavenly Kingdom.

Christ is the High Priest of every Saint ...
on Earth, in Heaven.

Men who appoint men with Titles, are men whom other men "agree is THEIR" appointed hierarchy.

Not all men subscribe or agree;
That the "Catholic Pope", "Catholics Bishops", Catholic Priests"
is "THEIR" anything to them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Christ is king

His Kingdom is Heaven and Earth, not yet Restored or revealed for our Eyes to See.

The "bodily Dead" Saints are presently occupants of His Heavenly Kingdom.

The Church is the most recent members added to Saint rolls, in the last 2,000 years.
They ARE Physically living on Earth...and some presently physically dead, buried and their Living souls and spirits in Christ's Heavenly Kingdom.

Christ is the High Priest of every Saint ...
on Earth, in Heaven.

Men who appoint men with Titles, are men whom other men "agree is THEIR" appointed hierarchy.

Not all men subscribe or agree;
That the "Catholic Pope", "Catholics Bishops", Catholic Priests"
is "THEIR" anything to them.

Oh that’s what Jesus meant in jn 8:32

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.
We're in disagreement about who has the gift of Apostleship and who does not. I do not believe for a minute the Catholic church owns the office of Apostle. And the Pope certainly is not the head of the church. That position belongs to Christ alone.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why is peter even mentioned in matt 16:18 if he is not the rock the church is built on

Peter is mentioned in Mat 16:18 because he 1st articulated the Big Reveal. The Big Reveal was NOT that Jesus was God incarnate but the Messiah, God's long awaited chosen suffering servant.

“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” Jesus said, “I am."
Mark 14:61-62

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is mentioned in Mat 16:18 because he 1st articulated the Big Reveal. The Big Reveal was NOT that Jesus was God incarnate but the Messiah, God's long awaited chosen suffering servant.

“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” Jesus said, “I am."
Mark 14:61-62

you cannot give the keys of the kingdom (jurisdictional authority) to a confession!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only to a person
Like under pharaoh Joseph administers the kingdom

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes.

It's a two fold revealing.
Christ's Church is an "establishment"...
That ANYONE desiring "membership" IN Christ's Church Gain Membership By: the individuals "Heartful Agreeing Belief and Submission.
Belief..."That"
"Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God"

That ^ is the FOUNDATIONAL "Belief of the Individual About the Lord Jesus".

That ^ has nothing whatsoever to do with Peter or any other man.

That is "expressly the Spiritual Foundation Jesus Offered, and Individual men Accept"...
Strictly between ONE MAN and ONE Lord God.

Matters not if a man has Ever Heard of Peter Barjona, who he himself, agreed to a ONE on ONE "personal" relationship with Christ the Lord Jesus.

Our notification is Jesus
Established HIS Church.
Jesus IS the Head of HIS Church.
Jesus IS the Chief Cornerstone (first plac-ed)
Stone of HIS Church.

Our notification continues...
The lesser (smaller stones) added to the Church begin at the Foundation (bottom) level and build up, lesser stones by stones added)

Our notification is Jesus' chosen Disciples, (less Judas the deflector), were added, then other disciples joined, and for 2,000 years "more lesser (than Jesus) stones" have been added, Building Christ's "unseen" Spiritual Church on Earth.

Peter is not the highlight. We are given notice Peter was the First "smaller" stone added and First "human" stone to be added...to The Chief stone foundation of Christ's Church...

Being Built on the Foundation;
"Jesus IS the Christ the Son of the living God."

Immediately, we are notified, the other chosen Disciples became the "next smaller stones added"....

So...what is the BIG exalted Church Gentile's have Physically Built and Named...

Obvious choice "Christ Jesus' Earthly Church"? Nah. Peter's Church. Mary's Church. John's Church, on and on.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IS; THIS IS MY BODY!

that’s why the church is commanded to teach the truth! Or you can never have Jn 8:32 and 16:13 and
1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

And what Jesus was doing was explaining the typology of a certain bread in the Passover Seder. Just like the bitter herbs were symbolic of the bitter bondage and the lamb was symbolic of Jesus, that particular piece of unleavened bread represented Jesus! He was not saiyng a formula for transubstantiation, but explaining a portion of the Passover Seder that it was a symbol of!

ALL DIVINE REVELATION came in its fulfillment thru Jesus Christ!

Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

so show the Divine Revelation trhat came thru Jesus that gave Mary all them titles and special significances .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

It's a two fold revealing.
Christ's Church is an "establishment"...
That ANYONE desiring "membership" IN Christ's Church Gain Membership By: the individuals "Heartful Agreeing Belief and Submission.
Belief..."That"
"Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God"

That ^ is the FOUNDATIONAL "Belief of the Individual About the Lord Jesus".

That ^ has nothing whatsoever to do with Peter or any other man.

That is "expressly the Spiritual Foundation Jesus Offered, and Individual men Accept"...
Strictly between ONE MAN and ONE Lord God.

Matters not if a man has Ever Heard of Peter Barjona, who he himself, agreed to a ONE on ONE "personal" relationship with Christ the Lord Jesus.

Our notification is Jesus
Established HIS Church.
Jesus IS the Head of HIS Church.
Jesus IS the Chief Cornerstone (first plac-ed)
Stone of HIS Church.

Our notification continues...
The lesser (smaller stones) added to the Church begin at the Foundation (bottom) level and build up, lesser stones by stones added)

Our notification is Jesus' chosen Disciples, (less Judas the deflector), were added, then other disciples joined, and for 2,000 years "more lesser (than Jesus) stones" have been added, Building Christ's "unseen" Spiritual Church on Earth.

Peter is not the highlight. We are given notice Peter was the First "smaller" stone added and First "human" stone to be added...to The Chief stone foundation of Christ's Church...

Being Built on the Foundation;
"Jesus IS the Christ the Son of the living God."

Immediately, we are notified, the other chosen Disciples became the "next smaller stones added"....

So...what is the BIG exalted Church Gentile's have Physically Built and Named...

Obvious choice "Christ Jesus' Earthly Church"? Nah. Peter's Church. Mary's Church. John's Church, on and on.

Please explain: eph 2:20
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

fundamentalists have no church
Spiritual anarchy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also explain:

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20 with His church (apostles) till the end!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain Jn 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

???????????????

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what Jesus was doing was explaining the typology of a certain bread in the Passover Seder. Just like the bitter herbs were symbolic of the bitter bondage and the lamb was symbolic of Jesus, that particular piece of unleavened bread represented Jesus! He was not saiyng a formula for transubstantiation, but explaining a portion of the Passover Seder that it was a symbol of!

so show the Divine Revelation trhat came thru Jesus that gave Mary all them titles and special significances .

not symbolic Jesus IS the lamb but of God!

jn 1:29

and in the Passover it was not enough to kill the lamb and sprinkle the blood on the door post and lentil (cross) you had to eat the lamb

Jn 6:
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh that’s what Jesus meant in jn 8:32

Jesus informs you of what he means in verse John 8:31

[31] Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
[32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus informs you of what he means in verse John 8:31

[31] Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
[32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

so you have to be a Jew to be a disciple?

his disciples know the truth cos He teaches them thru His church by the mouth of the apostles acts 2:42

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not symbolic Jesus IS the lamb but of God!

jn 1:29

and in the Passover it was not enough to kill the lamb and sprinkle the blood on the door post and lentil (cross) you had to eat the lamb

Jn 6:
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Now go back to teh original language and see that it is not what Rome has called it to be.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain: eph 2:20
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

fundamentalists have no church
Spiritual anarchy

Every Converted person IN Christ has accepted:
Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God.
They are "stones" added to Christ's Church.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you have to be a Jew to be a disciple?

his disciples know the truth cos He teaches them thru His church by the mouth of the apostles acts 2:42

Look...any follower of Christ's teachings is a Disciple.

Any Disciple that confesses their Heartful Belief in God, in Jesus and Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God...become members of Christ's Church.

Didn't you learn the Offerings of God, to whom, when, why, the ORDER and WAY from Scripture?