No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said.

Then please Explain Jn 21

11 Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken.

12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.

13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.

14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of Christ does not have two heads. Christ is the Head of his body and the rest of us are just parts of his body with our varying gifts and functions.....

...Christ Himself, who is the head. From Him the whole body, fitted and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love through the work of each individual part. Ephesians 4:15-16

vicar of Christ!
Christ continues His ministry thru Peter
Vicariously Jn 15:5

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of Christ does not have two heads. Christ is the Head of his body and the rest of us are just parts of his body with our varying gifts and functions.....

...Christ Himself, who is the head. From Him the whole body, fitted and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love through the work of each individual part. Ephesians 4:15-16

Without a central authority there can be no unity of the spirit, no obedience to the faith!
God - Christ - Peter - the apostles - the apostles successors - the people

The nature of the church is authority in hierarchy producing order!
Unity of the truth (thee faith) and the spirit!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20 with His church (apostles) till the end!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says that through Christ, we are all priests.

9 But you are a chosen people, set aside to be a royal order of priests, a holy nation, God’s own; so that you may proclaim the wondrous acts of the One who called you out of inky darkness into shimmering light.
1 Peter 2:9 (Voice)

yes but that’s the royal priesthood not the Melchizedek priesthood of which Christ is high priest

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry should be kingdom, the kingdom of Christ the new covenant church

what is he a high priest over accept low priests
That’s what makes him high priest

What "makes" Christ Jesus "High Priest" is God Established His "position".

Regardless of "any" positions, "any" titles given "men" or "men" establish...
None are Superior or Equal to the "High Priest" God Established.

Not a Secret, men establish positions, and titles...; High Priest, Pope, Vicar, Bishops, Priests, Decons, and other ranks.... None are ARE superior or equal to Gods High Priest...
Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "makes" Christ Jesus "High Priest" is God Established His "position".

Regardless of "any" positions, "any" titles given "men" or "men" establish...
None are Superior or Equal to the "High Priest" God Established.

Not a Secret, men establish positions, and titles...; High Priest, Pope, Vicar, Bishops, Priests, Decons, and other ranks.... None are ARE superior or equal to Gods High Priest...
Christ Jesus.

truth can not penetrate the thick black clouds of spiritual pride and blindness
Behold the scales of Saul
Saul Saul why does Thou persecute me?
Who art Thou Lord?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Fundamentally, and in general, I don't believe this is in dispute. What is in dispute is that the Pope is the Head of the church. Jesus is the Head and always will be. The Body does not have two heads. But it does have many members with varying functions. And the office of Apostle and Pastor and Teacher, etc. is not owned by Catholics exclusively. And, perhaps most importantly of all, these offices do not constitute some kind of priesthood through which a person is only able to approach God.

Jesus is the New Priest by which there is no other way to approach God. The Catholic priesthood unfittingly inserted itself between the believer and Jesus/The Father. That is probably the biggest contention we anti-Catholics have with Catholicism. We don't need a Catholic priesthood with it's supposed authority and manmade ceremonies and doctrines to draw near to God. Jesus is all that and more all by Himself. That's the beauty and liberty of the New Covenant. Mortal priesthoods are corrupt and ineffective. And so Christ himself removed them from hindering His people in this New Covenant.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
works become meritorious
That's exactly the works gospel that Paul dispels! Work does not make you righteous. Work has no power to do that. Faith, all by itself, apart from works is what makes a man righteous. Paul uses Abraham as the proof and example of this.

If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about Romans 4:2

But if you are sure he was made righteous by what he did, then please show us what work Abraham did in Genesis 15 by which God declared him righteous and why Paul is wrong in his assertion that he was justified apart from what he did.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hypocrisy about what? I'm the one that is free of self imposed doctrinal and worship stipulations and instead focus on godly character, the thing that counts. Your religious system is what focuses on the outer appearances and methodology of religion thinking that's what it means to please God and receive his approval, oblivious, it seems, to what really matters. That's the very definition of the hypocritical Pharisee. I'm not the one here defending that hypocritical system of religion.
I am gonna use part of a line that another one in this post said but then add the truth .
ONE MORE TIME , remember who said that line .
Now let me use it in the right perspective . ONE more time , let none follow the dictates of Rome .
They make broad their clothing and blow incense to even budda statues and kiss on korans . They have men bow to the seat
and kiss the ring of their head . But our HEAD IS JESUS and let no man forget that .
Jesus warned us , beware of men who love to make their clothing broad , to be seen of men . Who really is the pharisee .
The one who walks like one , or the one who resists him . For JESUS himself resisted them . And we must not heed
the doctrines of men, who for centuries have led many far from the simple truth by their own traditions .

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fundamentally, and in general, I don't believe this is in dispute. What is in dispute is that the Pope is the Head of the church. Jesus is the Head and always will be. The Body does not have two heads. But it does have many members with varying functions. And the office of Apostle and Pastor and Teacher, etc. is not owned by Catholics exclusively. And, perhaps most importantly of all, these offices do not constitute some kind of priesthood through which a person is only able to approach God.

Jesus is the New Priest by which there is no other way to approach God. The Catholic priesthood unfittingly inserted itself between the believer and Jesus/The Father. That is probably the biggest contention we anti-Catholics have with Catholicism. We don't need a Catholic priesthood with it's supposed authority and manmade ceremonies and doctrines to draw near to God. Jesus is all that and more all by Himself. That's the beauty and liberty of the New Covenant. Mortal priesthoods are corrupt and ineffective. And so Christ himself removed them from hindering His people in this New Covenant.

there is only one savior and one mediator of justice
But in the government of the church peter and the apostles are in charge

Keys of authority! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

then explain Jn 21:17 feed my sheep???

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd that peter and john after God used them to heal the lame man , stopped the people
from worshipping them . WHY Do ye marvel upon US , and though WE had made this man strong ,
IT was JESUS , Faith in JESUS . Rather odd that the first peter never asked them to instead
kneel before HIM and KISS HIS RING . I am telling you all that even peter himself would rebuke
with great authority this church of rome .

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly the works gospel that Paul dispels! Work does not make you righteous. Work has no power to do that. Faith, all by itself, apart from works is what makes a man righteous. Paul uses Abraham as the proof and example of this.

If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about Romans 4:2

But if you are sure he was made righteous by what he did, then please show us what work Abraham did in Genesis 15 by which God declared him righteous and why Paul is wrong in his assertion that he was justified apart from what he did.

no he does not he rejects works
I said by the merits of Christ thru the sacraments we received grace and this grace makes our faith and works meritorious
Not works alone apart from Christ his church and grace
Works done in Christ in grace; prayer, alms, fasting, Christian virtue etc.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then explain Jn 21:17 feed my sheep???
Gladly . It means FEED my sheep pure sound doctrine . not the dictates of Rome or any other institution which would lead one astray .
Leaders are to FEED the sheep . Just as peter told the whole church . What .........But yes .
EVEN peter wrote the elders and said FEED the sheep . And true seasoned leaders
would FEED the sheep , not starve them of the truth and feed them contradictory traditions of men , which often oppose
and violate the very words of GOD HIMSELF , of CHRIST HIMSELF . We had better all be on gaurd and ensure
its the biblical JESUS we follow , or we are not part of the true church that began with CHRIST and the Apostles .
That is how we are gonna know . Test all things and do so against biblical doctrine .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am gonna use part of a line that another one in this post said but then add the truth .
ONE MORE TIME , remember who said that line .
Now let me use it in the right perspective . ONE more time , let none follow the dictates of Rome .
They make broad their clothing and blow incense to even budda statues and kiss on korans . They have men bow to the seat
and kiss the ring of their head . But our HEAD IS JESUS and let no man forget that .
Jesus warned us , beware of men who love to make their clothing broad , to be seen of men . Who really is the pharisee .
The one who walks like one , or the one who resists him . For JESUS himself resisted them . And we must not heed
the doctrines of men, who for centuries have led many far from the simple truth by their own traditions .

Christ is king
The church His kingdom

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the church is not necessary how are you being united to Christ?
The church is only necessary for justification and salvation as far as carrying the message of forgiveness to the people (Romans 10:14 Romans 10:14). The church plays no redemptive role in a person's salvation. None whatsoever. Jesus' Priesthood does that all by itself. A person is justified by faith, in his heart, apart from works when he believes and trusts in Jesus' redemptive Ministry and Sacrifice....

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified Romans 10:10
No work involved there. Belief all by itself, in the heart, justifies. That's what it plainly says. This truth is why people revolted against the Catholic church.